JK DualSport SC Suspension 3.5" - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
JK DualSport SC Suspension 3.5"

I'm looking at this aev lift. Is there any alternative that are comparable ?

What make me want to go with this kit is it is complete. Even a high steer kit is included. And I trust aev and know they make good product if not some of the best. The hick is the price. About 2000$ delivered. I can afford that without a problem but its always a good idea to shop around.

At 3.5 on a jku I don't need any driveshaft work right ?

Thx

fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
ttrap84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Posts: 45
If you have a newer jk 2012 and up I believe you need either a new front drive shaft or exhaust spacer. As for the 3.5 lift I can't tell you much as I don't have it I can tell you after about a month of research I did go with the aev2.5 lift as I found it would be best for my Daily driver weekend explorer. Best part is no drive shaft mods and I got it for just over 1000$ Canadian shipped. When my jeep gets a bit older and I have done a regear and driveline work I will probably get a metal cloak lift as I keep hearing good things about them or just a bigger lift from aev.

ttrap84 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
AOR
Sponsoring Vendor

WF Supporting Member
 
AOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Aukum, CA - El Dorado County about 55 mins from the Rubicon Trail
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenxx View Post
I'm looking at this aev lift. Is there any alternative that are comparable ?

Thx
Check out this 3.5" kit from Rock Krawler. I can do the 3.5" X Factor kit with Bilstein 5100s for $2001.44 to the nearest border town. If you need it to come in, I can calc the difference on Monday. If intersted, shoot me an address.

Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Allen
__________________
Allen's Offroad - 530-620-1100
Email me at: sales@allensoffroad.com



Be careful what you wish for. It will come true!
Never miss a good chance to shut up! - Will Rogers
AOR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOR View Post

Check out this 3.5" kit from Rock Krawler. I can do the 3.5" X Factor kit with Bilstein 5100s for $2001.44 to the nearest border town. If you need it to come in, I can calc the difference on Monday. If intersted, shoot me an address.

Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Allen
It doesn't come with shock, no high steer and steering damper. They might have bracket to correct the new geometry but the aev come with a whole new steering system which I hope will stop the death wobble I'm experiencing with my 3" spacer kit.

I currently have a 3" Daystar spacer kit with shock and bracket but I'm now looking at more performance and flex as what I have don't improve the factory performance. My jeep drive great with it. Almost the same then factory but yea I want my jeep to perform better now.

I have a 2013 JKU MOAB
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrap84 View Post
If you have a newer jk 2012 and up I believe you need either a new front drive shaft or exhaust spacer. As for the 3.5 lift I can't tell you much as I don't have it I can tell you after about a month of research I did go with the aev2.5 lift as I found it would be best for my Daily driver weekend explorer. Best part is no drive shaft mods and I got it for just over 1000$ Canadian shipped. When my jeep gets a bit older and I have done a regear and driveline work I will probably get a metal cloak lift as I keep hearing good things about them or just a bigger lift from aev.
I guess I never considered the 2.5 as I currently run a 3" one but what an 1/2 gonna matter ? I don't want to go to 35 anyway I currently have 33 and don't want to regear my jeep. To expensive and my jeep is brand new so its not a good avenue.

How dose it ride ? Lots of wobble over bump ?
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenxx View Post
I guess I never considered the 2.5 as I currently run a 3" one but what an 1/2 gonna matter ? I don't want to go to 35 anyway I currently have 33 and don't want to regear my jeep. To expensive and my jeep is brand new so its not a good avenue. How dose it ride ? Lots of wobble over bump ?
You don't need a new driveshaft. I have that lift on a 2012. All good!

If you have 4.10 you can run 35's and be fine. I swapped out to 4.56 because of my location- Colorado and added weight.
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post

You don't need a new driveshaft. I have that lift on a 2012. All good!

If you have 4.10 you can run 35's and be fine. I swapped out to 4.56 because of my location- Colorado and added weight.
Yeah...idk about 35 my 33 are already hard on power Lol but that's not the point here. I live in Alberta so I kinda go trough same kind of terrain then you.

I've been thinking about building around my Daystar lift but I'm assuming the blistein will perform 10x better. I have scorpion shock right now.
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
mess0821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 67
Check out metalcloak. They have free shipping this weekend code 5yearfreeship
mess0821 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mess0821 View Post
Check out metalcloak. They have free shipping this weekend code 5yearfreeship
Shipping is never free Lol free shipping mean "shipping included" and it doesn't help my choice in anyway.

Thx tho
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,749
Tell us more please: altitude, gear ratio, year, mods, etc. that will help more
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #11
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
What size tire are you running/plan on running?
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #12
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenxx View Post
It doesn't come with shock, no high steer and steering damper. They might have bracket to correct the new geometry but the aev come with a whole new steering system which I hope will stop the death wobble I'm experiencing with my 3" spacer kit. I currently have a 3" Daystar spacer kit with shock and bracket but I'm now looking at more performance and flex as what I have don't improve the factory performance. My jeep drive great with it. Almost the same then factory but yea I want my jeep to perform better now. I have a 2013 JKU MOAB
You need to do so more research rather than throw parts at the jeep. A Highsteer kit won't fix DW. Agree ^ what size tire do you want to run ?

Read the sticky's linked in my Sig v
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #13
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
Sounds to me like you're just interested in height rather than keeping maximum articulation with minimal lift (IMHO the CORRECT way to do things)...and as a bonus, you have a poor driving Jeep to boot. Time to re-prioritize...go lower and flexier.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
I got my 3" lift on the fly little after getting the jeep. Now is time to get serious with it.

I'm trying to find the best I can get but don't want to go extreme since its my dd.

I run 33" and don't plan on going bigger.

My rig right now:

2013 jku MOAB lobster red, manual 6spd, hard top, 3" Daystar spacer kit with scorpion shock, 33" nitto trail grappler, 3.73 gear, limited slip rear axel, 9000lbs winch, led trucklite, no muffler, superchips, arb compressor, aev tire carrier, aev roof rack, spod, 1.5" wheel spacer.

I live in Alberta at 2100ft altitude. I do lot of off-roading and looking at upgrading my lift now.

Aev 2.5 inch is my choice for now. I don't plan on running bigger tire.


I experience DW once in a while and have some wobble on bump on pavement. My jeep ride good, but could be better.

I also plan on arb air locker.

I forgot the idea of the 3.5 aev dual sport cause I don't want to modify drive shaft and others.

My choice is now the aev 2.5.

Looking at other option. Not looking for more height as I don't want to modify the drive shaft.

Is that answer your question ?

I appreciate your help.

Looking for flex and performance.
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #15
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,778
AEV is a good choice for you. Add the geo brackets for a nice on road ride. Actually take a look at the Rancho brackets instead.
Then grab a set of stock rear swaybar links to use in place of their front brackets.
If you want a really nice ride ... Sell the 5100's new and install Rancho 9000's

Hmm sounds like somebody else I know (here in this thread)
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
What about something like this

TeraFlex JK 4-Door 3 Inch Suspension System W/Full FlexArm System, W/O Shocks

I already have upgraded shock that I can wear till they die and switch them later.

Would it be better then the 2.5 aev ? I'm guessing yes
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
ttrap84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Posts: 45
X2 on the aev 2.5 lift I got just over 3" of lift form mine but I'm running stock bumpers. It's a great lift for a DD/WW I actually love the 5100's myself. Add the geo brackets for a smoother ride and get some front sway bar quick disco or just stock rear links as not many like the sway bar brackets A higher lift and 33" will look small. I am running 285/70r17 duratracs and love the look.
ttrap84 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
So is the aev 2.5 need anything else? I've heard of bracket and stuff. Usually aev think of everything. I think I'm gonna get a brake line extension as my current 3" spacer kit extend those line in a scary mean when fully flexed. I'm thinking of replacing the steering damper anyway cause correct me if I'm wrong but a high steer is not required under 3"-3.5"
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #19
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenxx View Post
What about something like this TeraFlex JK 4-Door 3 Inch Suspension System W/Full FlexArm System, W/O Shocks I already have upgraded shock that I can wear till they die and switch them later. Would it be better then the 2.5 aev ? I'm guessing yes
I voted the AEV 2.5" because it was what you were looking at to begin with. But yes, I would def choose the TF 3"
Better? It's a more complete kit so it's going to its benefits. It's hard to compare to AEV using mostly stock components.

Having all 8 adjustable arms allows
- set pinion/caster in the front
- center the wheel in well up front
- set pinion in the rear
- center the wheel in the well in the rear
- less bind than when using the stock arms
- less axle steer
- stronger
- bent for clearance

AEV does (IMO) use better progressive coils whereas TF's are linear. Having the extra .5 helps with any lost height from heavy components.

Note: you should install a front adjustable track bar. It does say this on the page for the 3" kit w/ flex arms.
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
I guess its also related to the kind of off roading I'm doing. I'm doing a lot but nothing extreme or any rock crawling. And as a dd mostly and no off roading during winter time cause its simply impossible here. We got 7feet of snow so far this winter.

Would you still recomand the tf 3" ?

I get the pros for it but does it worth it considering that ?
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
I've been thinking of something. What if I get the aev and then ad some coil spacer because I'm guessing with all the weight I gonna go down quite a bit.

Guy on here was saying with the 2.5 he get about 3" but this is on a stock jeep. My isn't and I'm planning on more. I'm just trying to figure my different option here Lol I know what you probably think but well I'm also enjoying talking about that as we all do
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #22
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 33,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenxx View Post
I've been thinking of something. What if I get the aev and then ad some coil spacer because I'm guessing with all the weight I gonna go down quite a bit. Guy on here was saying with the 2.5 he get about 3" but this is on a stock jeep. My isn't and I'm planning on more. I'm just trying to figure my different option here Lol I know what you probably think but well I'm also enjoying talking about that as we all do
That's something you do later "if" there's height loss. The AEV coils are progress (dual ?) and are designed for weight.
Adding spacers along with new coils and you end up with 4" height .... That's not good
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings=Frankinjeep from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #23
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
aev is a good choice for you. Add the geo brackets for a nice on road ride. Actually take a look at the rancho brackets instead.
Then grab a set of stock rear swaybar links to use in place of their front brackets.
If you want a really nice ride ... Sell the 5100's new and install rancho 9000's

hmm sounds like somebody else i know (here in this thread) :d

He he
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #24
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenxx View Post
I got my 3" lift on the fly little after getting the jeep. Now is time to get serious with it.

I'm trying to find the best I can get but don't want to go extreme since its my dd.

I run 33" and don't plan on going bigger.

My rig right now:

2013 jku MOAB lobster red, manual 6spd, hard top, 3" Daystar spacer kit with scorpion shock, 33" nitto trail grappler, 3.73 gear, limited slip rear axel, 9000lbs winch, led trucklite, no muffler, superchips, arb compressor, aev tire carrier, aev roof rack, spod, 1.5" wheel spacer.

I live in Alberta at 2100ft altitude. I do lot of off-roading and looking at upgrading my lift now.

Aev 2.5 inch is my choice for now. I don't plan on running bigger tire.


I experience DW once in a while and have some wobble on bump on pavement. My jeep ride good, but could be better.

I also plan on arb air locker.

I forgot the idea of the 3.5 aev dual sport cause I don't want to modify drive shaft and others.

My choice is now the aev 2.5.

Looking at other option. Not looking for more height as I don't want to modify the drive shaft.

Is that answer your question ?

I appreciate your help.

Looking for flex and performance.
3" is far too much for 33s, there is absolutely no good reason to raise your COG* that high. A 2.5" lift is MORE than enough, and you will have maximum articulation with your tires. 3"+ and you start dealing with draglink issues, flighty steering, driveline issues, etc.

If you want a personal opinion on 33s....I would get a quality coil leveling kit and flat fenders. Minimum expense, maximum articulation, minimal COG change, excellent road feel. This will also allow you to reuse most stock components which are very good (trackbar, control arms, etc.) I would add a Northridge bolt kit to that list to make sure you are not getting DW issues. Thats what I would do if I were you.


*COG = center of gravity.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
Good advice guys !!!

I currently have 3" and agree that my 33" look stock on it even to small.

I think I still gonna go with new coil as, correct me if m wrong, will give me more articulation/travel right ? I never liked leveling kit as it doesn't add anything to the way it perform. It simply raise the vehicle.
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #26
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenxx View Post
Good advice guys !!!

I currently have 3" and agree that my 33" look stock on it even to small.

I think I still gonna go with new coil as, correct me if m wrong, will give me more articulation/travel right ? I never liked leveling kit as it doesn't add anything to the way it perform. It simply raise the vehicle.
Not correct. A coil does indeed raise the vehicle, but it also provides clearance for the tires. If you have 33" tires, there is only X amount of uptravel. Most people when looking at lifts only worry about downtravel, but forget about uptravel. So, a 33" tire only has a certain amount of uptravel (which depending on wheels, can be maxed out with the OEM suspension)....any lift ABOVE that max uptravel number is a waste. Most coil leveling kits raise the front end by 2" or so. This will generally be enough to allow a 33" tire to travel fully, unless you have extremely aggressive backspacing. If you had a 6" lift, you are not going to get any more uptravel than a leveling kit if the tire completes it's full travel. The JK suspension, more specifically, the articulation is done in an arc, not straight up and down. Generally speaking, if you have a slight rub on your fenders at full flex, getting flat fenders will yield better results than more lift height.

Basically, here is what you are looking at....you buy whatever wheels/tires you want....install them. Your goal is for the bumpstop to hit just before the tire hits/rubs anything...that is your jeep's full potential of uptravel. If your jeep is able to do this stock, then lifting it will NOT give you more articulation, only height, which IMHO, is a bad thing generally speaking. Sure some belly clearance is great, but generally speaking, most people don't rock-crawl hard enough to "out-do" the capabilities of a stock JK. Some skids would be more useful IMHO.

The Evo built Vengeance was built on these princinples...minimum height, maximum articulation.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post

Not correct. A coil does indeed raise the vehicle, but it also provides clearance for the tires. If you have 33" tires, there is only X amount of uptravel. Most people when looking at lifts only worry about downtravel, but forget about uptravel. So, a 33" tire only has a certain amount of uptravel (which depending on wheels, can be maxed out with the OEM suspension)....any lift ABOVE that max uptravel number is a waste. Most coil leveling kits raise the front end by 2" or so. This will generally be enough to allow a 33" tire to travel fully, unless you have extremely aggressive backspacing. If you had a 6" lift, you are not going to get any more uptravel than a leveling kit if the tire completes it's full travel. The JK suspension, more specifically, the articulation is done in an arc, not straight up and down. Generally speaking, if you have a slight rub on your fenders at full flex, getting flat fenders will yield better results than more lift height.

Basically, here is what you are looking at....you buy whatever wheels/tires you want....install them. Your goal is for the bumpstop to hit just before the tire hits/rubs anything...that is your jeep's full potential of uptravel. If your jeep is able to do this stock, then lifting it will NOT give you more articulation, only height, which IMHO, is a bad thing generally speaking. Sure some belly clearance is great, but generally speaking, most people don't rock-crawl hard enough to "out-do" the capabilities of a stock JK. Some skids would be more useful IMHO.

The Evo built Vengeance was built on these princinples...minimum height, maximum articulation.
Soooo

Good abvice here man

Does it mean at looking at a lift kit will only lift ? No more travel ?

And better response of the suspension ?

Or the only goal is more clearance for bigger tire ?

Again I got my 3" cheapo lift on the fly and now looking at the real stuff. Still looking at lifting it but this dramatically change my view point of a lift.

So so far: aev 2.5 and geo bracket and new steering damper is my choice. Probably manual sway bar disconnect so wheels can drop as much as possible and brake line extension.

I learn a lot since yesterday even tho I've been looking at all this and been on this forum for a while it all come down at asking the right question.
fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
ttrap84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Posts: 45
From what I read aev plans their lift to give you the 2.5" with some weight and as stated their progressive coils handle weight better ( won't sag). Tire size they recommend is 33"-35" so if ever you want to upgrade your tire size you are good.

Geo brackets are not included with this kit but most recommend them for a nicer ride I haven't installed mine and I find the ride slightly stiffer than stock. Will be installing them as soon as the snow melts and it's warm enough to work outside again.

You may also want a procal if you don't already have one it will change your tire size and shift points along with other things

I got all my stuff from north ridge 4x4 in Alberta free shipping on orders over 100$ and they very fast and helpful.
ttrap84 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
spinlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 37.9 N, 121.7 W
Posts: 2,607
I got almost 4.5" on the front with my AEV 3.5" kit. If you plan on running 33s go with 2.5". It will save you spare you from driveline issues in the future.

Also, I suggest you make your choice of lift kit based on the qualities of the suspension (ride, handling, droop, reliability) and not and the number of parts shown in the image of the product.

AEV is an excellent kit but they hold their line on pricing so it is almost impossible to get a significant discount. It also won't provide the most amount of flex if that is what your after.
spinlock is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
fenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrap84 View Post
From what I read aev plans their lift to give you the 2.5" with some weight and as stated their progressive coils handle weight better ( won't sag). Tire size they recommend is 33"-35" so if ever you want to upgrade your tire size you are good.

Geo brackets are not included with this kit but most recommend them for a nicer ride I haven't installed mine and I find the ride slightly stiffer than stock. Will be installing them as soon as the snow melts and it's warm enough to work outside again.

You may also want a procal if you don't already have one it will change your tire size and shift points along with other things

I got all my stuff from north ridge 4x4 in Alberta free shipping on orders over 100$ and they very fast and helpful.
I have a superchip flashpaq

I usually deal with northridge but as I said earlier shipping is never free as they give me a discount if I pick my stuff up :wink:

So yea living in Alberta and driving a jeep that now worth 60k don't make me want to go /have the occasion to go extreme off roading so I more look into performance overall.

fenxx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC