Mopar (Teraflex) Stage 3 Lift Installed (Pics) - Page 6 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #151
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Roll center is the height of your track bars. The rear should have a axle bracket that addresses roll center,
The front CAN NOT be raised without raising the drag link as well. Not something done at lower lift heights.

The Mopar fixed arms, I am assuming are 23" or so in length, and will put caster in stock range.
The drop brackets work great.. you would have to run one or the other though. W/ the brackets caster is fixed using the upper arms. Installing with fixed longer lowers would screw with geometry.
Geo correction brackets correct both the upper and lower front control arms, right?

They are designed to be used with stock length control arms, right?

Mopar kit comes with just replacement longer fixed length front lowers so if I just didn't use them and just used the stockers here along with the correction brackets would I be better off?

Doctorsti is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #152
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
Geo correction brackets correct both the upper and lower front control arms, right? They are designed to be used with stock length control arms, right? Mopar kit comes with just replacement longer fixed length front lowers so if I just didn't use them and just used the stockers here along with the correction brackets would I be better off?
Yes they drop both the upper and lower at the frame, better ? Caster will be about the same but drivability improves because the arms run almost parallel to the ground- directing impact up into the springs and shocks. This is what a long arm does but you do sacrifice ground clearance

You run your stock arms but can run adjustable arms to fine tune and add strength.

Here's a quick video on road with the Rancho brackets. Good thing I did not mount the gopro there off road. I left the mount somewhere on the trail rofl http://youtu.be/Eb_YPKZAhFY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3613982659.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	409361  

__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #153
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Yes they drop both the upper and lower at the frame, better ? Caster will be about the same but drivability improves because the arms run almost parallel to the ground- directing impact up into the springs and shocks. This is what a long arm does but you do sacrifice ground clearance

You run your stock arms but can run adjustable arms to fine tune and add strength.

Here's a quick video on road with the Rancho brackets. Good thing I did not mount the gopro there off road. I left the mount somewhere on the trail rofl Rancho drop brackets/Gopro - YouTube
yeah, so if the point of them is to get the control arms more parallel they should work with the fixed arm length lower's in the mopar kit but to keep caster the same I may need some Teraflex adjustable uppers... good excuse to add the last two control arms.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #154
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
yeah, so if the point of them is to get the control arms more parallel they should work with the fixed arm length lower's in the mopar kit but to keep caster the same I may need some Teraflex adjustable uppers... good excuse to add the last two control arms.
Actually maybe ... You would have to run the same difference in length you have now between them.
Only concern ...... By doing so you would be pushing the axle forward a bit.
The fixed lowers are around 1/4 +/- longer in length. You want the bump stop to be in line with the coil perch or close to it.
Essentially you would be cheating wheelbase which may or may not be a problem.

Best advice ... Find someone who is running adjustables with drop brackets and see what they're running for lengths. HKrunner I believe is but haven't seen him around in awhile.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #155
Jeeper
 
03SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post

yeah, so if the point of them is to get the control arms more parallel they should work with the fixed arm length lower's in the mopar kit but to keep caster the same I may need some Teraflex adjustable uppers... good excuse to add the last two control arms.
Why not just use the mopar kit as is; ride is great and off road capability is very good. What benefit would you get for the added cost and the lost ground clearance?
03SVT is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #156
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
http://www.aev-conversions.com/education/60

The part about control arms explains the effect of control arms that are angled on lifted vehicles changing the "instant centers" bu making the lower control arm push the front wheel away on the outboard side of a turn before that control arm achieves horizontal when weight is transferred forward. Can lead to more oversteer and unstable handling

It seems that both rancho and aev feel that at 3" or so lift the angle of the front control arms even if adjustable benefit from being adjusted to provide better handling and more anti-dive characteristics when braking or braking into a turn


I probably will just run it as mopar released it but I am trying to limit the number of times I buy things to have the best handling setup I can without breaking the bank too bad
Doctorsti is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #157
Jeeper
 
03SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
http://www.aev-conversions.com/education/60

The part about control arms explains the effect of control arms that are angled on lifted vehicles changing the "instant centers" bu making the lower control arm push the front wheel away on the outboard side of a turn before that control arm achieves horizontal when weight is transferred forward. Can lead to more oversteer and unstable handling

It seems that both rancho and aev feel that at 3" or so lift the angle of the front control arms even if adjustable benefit from being adjusted to provide better handling and more anti-dive characteristics when braking or braking into a turn

I probably will just run it as mopar released it but I am trying to limit the number of times I buy things to have the best handling setup I can without breaking the bank too bad
I get the advantage of the brackets; I don't get buying a stage 3 kit that is expensive as is and then adjusting it. It would be cheaper to price it together if you want to use the brackets so you don't pay for control arms you don't use. Just get the AEV lift and add the front speedbumps and fox shocks perhaps. Either way you can't go wrong.
03SVT is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #158
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SVT View Post
I get the advantage of the brackets; I don't get buying a stage 3 kit that is expensive as is and then adjusting it. It would be cheaper to price it together if you want to use the brackets so you don't pay for control arms you don't use. Just get the AEV lift and add the front speedbumps and fox shocks perhaps. Either way you can't go wrong.
At $1800 dollars for the stage 3 kit that I will install I am literally $1000 dollars away from buying an AEV 3.5" lift and speed bumps.

Front Teraflex adjustable upper control arms are $280 a pair and brackets are $100.

Quite frankly right now if I am going to add $400 to the price of the lift it's going to be to install the rear Teraflex bolt on speed bumps and toss the extended cups and rubber bullet style bumps the kit includes.

I am just trying to think a little outside the box so I can disassemble the front end as few times as possible. Who knows if I would notice if it had drop brackets or not after the install and I'm sure it handles great with the stage 3 kit out of the box.

My first purchase post lift will likely be the Teraflex monster front track bar. I just want to see how far to the left the axle moves once installed to see if I am going to replace the stock bar. I think I've read it moves over like 1/4 inch and so long as the wheels have proper offset the 12.5" wide tires I plan on running should not rub.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #159
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 173
How were you able to install a basketball ring on too of your jeep? Nice idea
__________________
all blacked out JKUR, 2.5 RC lift, stock rubi tires with plastidipped wheels, all LEDs and HIDs
MarcelOrtiz is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #160
Jeeper
 
rdg04578's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: northern maine
Posts: 672
Looks good but what was the total cost for kit--and installation if you did not do it yourself?
rdg04578 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #161
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,247
I forget, are you having the dealer install this ?
This why you're choosing the Mopar lift ?
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #162
Jeeper
 
03SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post

At $1800 dollars for the stage 3 kit that I will install I am literally $1000 dollars away from buying an AEV 3.5" lift and speed bumps.

Front Teraflex adjustable upper control arms are $280 a pair and brackets are $100.

Quite frankly right now if I am going to add $400 to the price of the lift it's going to be to install the rear Teraflex bolt on speed bumps and toss the extended cups and rubber bullet style bumps the kit includes.

I am just trying to think a little outside the box so I can disassemble the front end as few times as possible. Who knows if I would notice if it had drop brackets or not after the install and I'm sure it handles great with the stage 3 kit out of the box.

My first purchase post lift will likely be the Teraflex monster front track bar. I just want to see how far to the left the axle moves once installed to see if I am going to replace the stock bar. I think I've read it moves over like 1/4 inch and so long as the wheels have proper offset the 12.5" wide tires I plan on running should not rub.
Makes sense; I forgot you were getting the kit for such a good price. I would suggest getting the front track bar and putting it on with the lift. I think it will be needed and was on mine. The only thing I added besides the adjustable front track bar was new bolts for the control arms and the front and rear track bars. I installed those myself about a week after I had the lift due to my reading here about death wobble.
03SVT is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #163
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
great lift, i have same one and it rides on road and offroad great..u get what u pay for and loks amazing no dout
whitejks is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #164
Jeeper
 
EliR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 48
High Steer Kit

Has anyone installed a drag link flip kit on the mopar lift and trackbar relocation bracket? I see that both Synergy and AEV have one but it moves the disconnect links up and since this kit comes with longer links could you use these kits. I also saw that EVO has a kit but couldn't find directions to see what it does with the links.

Just looking at options for moving the drag link and trackbar up higher.
__________________
2012 JKU COD MW3 Edition
3" Mopar Performance Lift w/ Fox Shocks, 35" BFG KM2, Warn 9.5cti-s, etc..
EliR is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #165
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliR View Post
Has anyone installed a drag link flip kit on the mopar lift and trackbar relocation bracket? I see that both Synergy and AEV have one but it moves the disconnect links up and since this kit comes with longer links could you use these kits. I also saw that EVO has a kit but couldn't find directions to see what it does with the links. Just looking at options for moving the drag link and trackbar up higher.
You can run the links in the stock position. The issue is with quick discos if you have them.
I HIGHLY recommend Synergy over EVO or AEV.
Price/HD drag link and metal on metal TRE's.

How much left do you have ?
Steering correction requires 3" bump stop.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #166
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,121
X2 on Synergy. I have a lot of their stuff and have beaten the crap out of all of it without issue.
JeepHerz is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #167
Jeeper
 
EliR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 48
Thanks,

I have the 3in mopar lift and I'm not exactly sure of the total lift it provided. It comes with the teraflex speedbumps, and I think they are 3in bumpstops. Also I take from what you are saying is that I would need to get shorter standard disco's if I got the high steer kit.
__________________
2012 JKU COD MW3 Edition
3" Mopar Performance Lift w/ Fox Shocks, 35" BFG KM2, Warn 9.5cti-s, etc..
EliR is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:35 AM   #168
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
I have a new jeep jk and I would like to chance the suspension and lift it about 2.5 or 3 in this is my first jeep and I don't want to brake the bank can somebody point me in the right direction thanks
Rogue 2014 is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #169
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliR View Post
Thanks, I have the 3in mopar lift and I'm not exactly sure of the total lift it provided. It comes with the teraflex speedbumps, and I think they are 3in bumpstops. Also I take from what you are saying is that I would need to get shorter standard disco's if I got the high steer kit.

2.75 front TF uppers.

Discos yes .. Standard links can be run in the stock mounts.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #170
Newb
 
JeepRubicon99787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Hi all
I also installed the same kit on my 2014 JK Rubicon 2dr.

Here is a snap shot of the kit installed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141026_135105_1416691933271.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	1669081  
JeepRubicon99787 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #171
Newb
 
JeepRubicon99787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Additional to the kit, I purchased the front and rear TF - HD monster adjustable track bars, as both my front and rear diffs moved.

All of sudden, after a few washs I now have the same annoying squeeking noise from the rear end of my JK.

So I think I need to trace it and get it greased, or I will end up loosing it LOL. I'll try and see where it's actually squeeking from and report back with my findings.
JeepRubicon99787 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #172
Newb
 
JeepRubicon99787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
I'm also still debating if I need to replace the front and rear drive shafts? As per teraflex, I don't need too but how true this is I have no clue and don't want to find out the hard way..
JeepRubicon99787 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #173
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRubicon99787 View Post
I'm also still debating if I need to replace the front and rear drive shafts? As per teraflex, I don't need too but how true this is I have no clue and don't want to find out the hard way..
Just keep a eye around CV joints for grease splatter.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #174
Newb
 
JeepRubicon99787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRubicon99787 View Post
I'm also still debating if I need to replace the front and rear drive shafts? As per teraflex, I don't need too but how true this is I have no clue and don't want to find out the hard way..
Just keep a eye around CV joints for grease splatter.
I have been doing that, on my previous Jeep builds I always changed out the shafts so this is the first time not doing so.

Fingers crossed
JeepRubicon99787 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #175
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,247
You have a 2 door so the rear would go first. The front will depend on pinion/caster angle and if you wheel the jeep.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #176
Newb
 
JeepRubicon99787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
By the way,

just incase anyone runs into the same issue I did, here is a quick answer to a problem I ran into a month later with the kit installed.

One fine day, I was driving to work and noticed a clunk noise that can also be felt in my steering wheel. More so from the left side of the front.. This only happens when coming to a stop or acceleration from stand still.

I could feel the cluck and knew something was loose, so I decided to get it checked out and found that my lower left control arm bolts became loose and got them torqued back and problem solved.
JeepRubicon99787 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #177
Newb
 
JeepRubicon99787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
I know it's not the best pictures of the front and rear shaft angles. This is how they look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141024_184037_1416694098635.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1669281   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141024_184032_1416694157282.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1669289  

JeepRubicon99787 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #178
Newb
 
JeepRubicon99787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
I just hope I have made the right decision with this lift kit. Otherwise I'll end up buying more parts just to get things corrected and if that does turn out to be the case. Then I guess I will have to purchase adjustable control arms too, which for some strange reason I was going too. But because the kit states I don't need anything else, I didn't so let's see how true this is..
JeepRubicon99787 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #179
Newb
 
JeepRubicon99787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
I was reading through the posts and noticed a few concerns on the brake lines. Has anyone changed them?
JeepRubicon99787 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #180
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,247
Looks good man ... Stop worrying and have fun with it.

__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installed RSP Steering Shaft Brace & RSP Track Bar 7ekken JK General Discussion Forum 6 01-16-2015 10:39 AM
Before & After Pics 1BadAssJeep YJ Pics Forum 80 03-11-2012 10:40 PM
RC 4" Lift w/nitro's or RE 3.5" w/ twin tubes??? ROzynskiA1 TJ General Discussion Forum 8 03-11-2012 07:03 PM
Teraflex 3" Kit? KSPHI JK General Discussion Forum 4 03-10-2012 01:47 PM
Rough Country Lift - Difference Ekia JK General Discussion Forum 13 03-10-2012 09:45 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC