Right Winch for my Moab Unlimited - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Right Winch for my Moab Unlimited

The rig:

I drive a more or less factory 2013 Unlimited Moab which comes with the AEV front bumper.

Planned winch use:

My wife and 2 young boys mainly travel through unmaintained roads in the flint hills of Kansas. We drive alone. These roads are generally tame dirt and rock, but can become quite muddy or snow packed. There is some low water creek crossing. We are never more than a few miles from a farmer/rancher with a tractor capable of pulling us out and we carry appropriate gear so that the four of us can easily walk out should we become stuck. I am only interested in pulling my vehicle out of a moderate mud hole should I happen to get stuck. I would imagine needing a winch 0 to 1 time per year.

Budget:

I can spend up to $2000.00 if warranted, I'm not seeing the value at that end, but I do understand the concept of getting what you pay for.

Wants (in order of importance):

Dependable
Affordable
Aesthetically pleasing
Light weight
Ease of use

The contenders:

The $1300.00 Warn 9.5cti winch with steal cable is recommended by AEV, and although I like the reputation of reliability, that just seems too steep for my needs.

The ~$500.00 Engo E9000 with synthetic line seems like a top contender, but I'm not to crazy about the aesthetics.

The Quadratec Q9500 is obviously targeted as a generic Warn 9.5cti, but at 1/3 the price (~$500.00). I like the aesthetics of this model, and AEV built their bumper with the brand name version in mind. Any strong opinions on the Q winches?

Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500 (~$500.00). Aesthetically, I like this much better than the Engo, but not nearly as much as the Q. This is a steel cable, and I would prefer synthetic, but it's not a must. Again, however, I am interested in reliability first!

Am I missing a brand/model I should really be considering?

What else:

I'm going to have to purchase a winch mounting plate ($150.00), some accessories; snatch blocks, anchor system, etc. (~$150.00). What accessories do I need, and what's the budget?

cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
nick50471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bushwood Country Club
Posts: 13,887
Warn 8274

__________________
License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
nick50471 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick50471 View Post
Warn 8274
So....that's exactly what I DON'T need!
cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
flier320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 53
I have a Bulldog Winch with synthetic line. I have had no problem with it. I've been told synthetic line is safer. That might be a consideration if your family might be using it. By Safer I mean if the line brakes it will just fall to the ground and not whip like cable which could catch you of guard and or do some serious damage to your person...
flier320 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by flier320 View Post
I have a Bulldog Winch with synthetic line. I have had no problem with it. I've been told synthetic line is safer. That might be a consideration if your family might be using it. By Safer I mean if the line brakes it will just fall to the ground and not whip like cable which could catch you of guard and or do some serious damage to your person...
Good point! Synthetic is definitely preferred. How long have you had your winch and how many times have you used it?
cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 6,025
if you can afford it get the 9.5 you will find that you are much more confident having a great winch. I have a VR10000 and kind of amazing how much peace of mind it gives knowing you have the right tool if needed. The Warn 9.5 just looks right with your bumper.
jadmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Mikel01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: St. Augustine Beach
Posts: 401
Images: 13
I have a Warn Zeon 8000. It is perfect for my needs and looks like it belongs on the Moab. You will need the mounting plates from AEV. It has done its job in muck and sand. Warn sent a full winch accessory kit/bag.
__________________
Moab with 33" Goodyear SAs, Warn Zeon. AEV bumpers, skid plate, suspension, tire carrier, hood, pintler wheels, water tanks, procal and mud flaps/cargo mat. Grill guard and KC Apollo Pro lights. Done for now.
Mikel01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
2013 Moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sullivan Cnty, NY
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfedksboy View Post
....

I'm going to have to purchase a winch mounting plate ($150.00), some accessories; snatch blocks, anchor system, etc. (~$150.00). What accessories do I need, and what's the budget?
I have the same set up and went with the 9.5cti but I plan on using it more and could justify the cost that way.
As far as the mounting plate goes AEV also sells that but you quoted a plate at $150.There is a different plate for that bumper, unfortunately it costs $265, Specifically made for the MOAB/COD bumpers. It does have the relocation bracket incorporated in it so no need to buy that also. When you click on the link, click the drop down list and you'll see the MOAB option.
American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).
2013 Moab is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Moab View Post
As far as the mounting plate goes AEV also sells that but you quoted a plate at $150.There is a different plate for that bumper, unfortunately it costs $265, Specifically made for the MOAB/COD bumpers. It does have the relocation bracket incorporated in it so no need to buy that also. When you click on the link, click the drop down list and you'll see the MOAB option.
American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).
Thanks for pointing that out. I knew that at one time but had forgotten. The mounting bracket plus basic accessories is going to set me back near $400.00. The warn winch would put up near the top of my budget...ugh! Love to hear more thoughts.
cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Paul04tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 600
Images: 109
Maximus-3 has a winch mount for our bumper also.
It eliminates the support piece AVE has.
Paul04tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #11
Newb
 
CTomlin19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Check out Engo they are good winches for the money. Also I would maybe go with a 10 or 12k winch. Typically its said to double the weight of your vehicle, but its not a bad idea to have more pulling power.
CTomlin19 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Hammertime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 187
My experience says to go with the Warn CTI 9500. If I'm out in the boondocks and need a winch, I want a winch that I am able to depend on. I've seen a couple of the cheaper ones in action and they are cheaper for a reason.
Hammertime is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Kevlars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 539
CTI is older technology ...Warn's new tech is the Zeon.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------
JKUR 2013,Teraflex 3 inch Lift,Teraflex Full 8 adj. arms
Elka Springs,Teraflex Front Monster Track bar,AEV Heat Reduction Hood,AEV Snorkel,SY-Clone Pre-Filter, AEV Front and Rear bumpers, Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, BFG 35 inch tires.
Kevlars is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Reno , NV.
Posts: 213
I will just say, get a good Warn winch and never worry. Isn't that what you want ? Just spend the money, you wont be disapointed.You can also get them fixed for ever, can't say that about the rest. Not that you will ever have to fix it !
willysdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
I've been doing additional research and here is what I have found:

The Warn 8274, as suggested initially, is massive and would require a new bumper. I have a "winch ready" bumper that requires the purchase of a mounting bracket, so that's off the table.

The Quadratec Q9500 will also not fit my AEV bumper without modifications…What I liked about it was a generic of the recommended Warn 9500 CTI. It is not, so it is also off the list.

The warn Zeon, due to the centered design of the fairlead, will also not fit the AEV bumper without modification.

The Engo solenoid has to be located remotely under the hood with the AEV bumper. Not a horrible solution.

Lastly, some 11000 and up winches won't fit the AEV bumper, so I will be sticking with the 10000 and under range. That should be fine for towing capacity on a vehicle that weights less than 4500 lbs.

Still considering options, but the Warn 9500cti, as recommended by AEV/Mopar is looking like the best way to go.
cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Kevlars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfedksboy View Post
I've been doing additional research and here is what I have found: The Warn 8274, as suggested initially, is massive and would require a new bumper. I have a "winch ready" bumper that requires the purchase of a mounting bracket, so that's off the table. The Quadratec Q9500 will also not fit my AEV bumper without modifications…What I liked about it was a generic of the recommended Warn 9500 CTI. It is not, so it is also off the list. The warn Zeon, due to the centered design of the fairlead, will also not fit the AEV bumper without modification. The Engo solenoid has to be located remotely under the hood with the AEV bumper. Not a horrible solution. Lastly, some 11000 and up winches won't fit the AEV bumper, so I will be sticking with the 10000 and under range. That should be fine for towing capacity on a vehicle that weights less than 4500 lbs. Still considering options, but the Warn 9500cti, as recommended by AEV/Mopar is looking like the best way to go.
How old is your AEV bumper? I had mine installed about 4 months ago and the Zeon fits perfect. The CTI sits higher and closer to the grill due to the size.

Of course if you have an older AEV bumper then the Zeon will not fit as it is bigger.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------
JKUR 2013,Teraflex 3 inch Lift,Teraflex Full 8 adj. arms
Elka Springs,Teraflex Front Monster Track bar,AEV Heat Reduction Hood,AEV Snorkel,SY-Clone Pre-Filter, AEV Front and Rear bumpers, Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, BFG 35 inch tires.
Kevlars is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
insylem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Enterprise, Alabama.
Posts: 925
Images: 3
So, are there plenty of trees around?
What do you intend to connect the Winch to?
If there is nothing to hook it to, then the strongest best winch in the world is no help.
__________________
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary
insylem is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
AverageJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,228
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfedksboy View Post
I've been doing additional research and here is what I have found:

The Warn 8274, as suggested initially, is massive and would require a new bumper. I have a "winch ready" bumper that requires the purchase of a mounting bracket, so that's off the table.

The Quadratec Q9500 will also not fit my AEV bumper without modifications…What I liked about it was a generic of the recommended Warn 9500 CTI. It is not, so it is also off the list.

The warn Zeon, due to the centered design of the fairlead, will also not fit the AEV bumper without modification.

The Engo solenoid has to be located remotely under the hood with the AEV bumper. Not a horrible solution.

Lastly, some 11000 and up winches won't fit the AEV bumper, so I will be sticking with the 10000 and under range. That should be fine for towing capacity on a vehicle that weights less than 4500 lbs.

Still considering options, but the Warn 9500cti, as recommended by AEV/Mopar is looking like the best way to go.


I've decided to sell my AEV bumper, buy a bumper of my choice and not be limited in what winch I can buy. After its all done, it should cost me a few hundred out of pocket instead of $1400 to put in the Warn 9.5 cti.
__________________
2013 Moab
"Insert mod list here."
My Average JK Build Thread
My Jeep Profile
AverageJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #19
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,093
I posted over on the Moab thread, but if you have some patience, there is a seller that sells new in box 9.5cti's for $699 on eBay. I just ordered mine last week, should be here in the next week or so, for that kind of savings, I was pleased.
__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Paul04tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 600
Images: 109
Personally I'd keep the bumper, it makes the look.




I saw this winch at Maximus.
Moto Alliance winches, specs seem decent compared to Qtech and others in the range.
__________________
Bright White 2 door soft top 6 speed MOAB..
Paul04tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul04tj View Post
Personally I'd keep the bumper, it makes the look.




I saw this winch at Maximus.
Moto Alliance winches, specs seem decent compared to Qtech and others in the range.
Yeah, I'm going to keep the bumper…just nots sure on the winch. Interesting comments on the Warn Zeon. The bumper I have is the "modified" AEV made for the Moab/COD. The specs aren't identical to the AEV, but the vehicle was an early 2013 model, so I would imagine it's "newer".
cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by insylem View Post
So, are there plenty of trees around?
What do you intend to connect the Winch to?
If there is nothing to hook it to, then the strongest best winch in the world is no help.
Where there is mud, there are trees. I do plan on buying an anchor though (at some point), just in case.
cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
2013 Moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sullivan Cnty, NY
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfedksboy View Post
Where there is mud, there are trees. I do plan on buying an anchor though (at some point), just in case.
Yeah and then you can spen a small fortune buying the AEV tire carrier along with the AEV hi-lift and pull pal mount....It never ends.
2013 Moab is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Moab View Post
Yeah and then you can spen a small fortune buying the AEV tire carrier along with the AEV hi-lift and pull pal mount....It never ends.
Fun, right?
cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #25
Moderator

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
doclouie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the mountains.
Posts: 3,662
Images: 4
Stick with Warn and you will never regret it. Some have good luck with other brands and some do not. I can count on one hand the times I have heard of problems with Warn winches, but I cannot say that about the others. No I do not own a Warn, but a Mile Marker yet I got it for free. When it dies a Warn will be on the front of my Jeep.
__________________
2000 Sahara, 3.5" Rubicon Express Lift, 1" spring spacer & 1" Body Lift, 33" or 35" BFG Mud tires, Front & Rear ARB, Rancho 9000 shocks, UCF Ultra High Belly Up

doclouie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Paul04tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 600
Images: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfedksboy View Post
Yeah, I'm going to keep the bumper…just nots sure on the winch. Interesting comments on the Warn Zeon. The bumper I have is the "modified" AEV made for the Moab/COD. The specs aren't identical to the AEV, but the vehicle was an early 2013 model, so I would imagine it's "newer".
"Modified"?

I know we don't have the Fair lead support built in. Which is the added cost of the AEV mount
__________________
Bright White 2 door soft top 6 speed MOAB..
Paul04tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul04tj View Post

"Modified"?

I know we don't have the Fair lead support built in. Which is the added cost of the AEV mount
I was replying to the fella who asked if I had a recent AEV bumper...well, I'm not sure, but it was on a 2013 Moab. Its tubeless, minus the fair lead support and I'm not exactly sure what else, but apparently there is a difference between old and new models.
cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #28
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfedksboy View Post
I was replying to the fella who asked if I had a recent AEV bumper...well, I'm not sure, but it was on a 2013 Moab. Its tubeless, minus the fair lead support and I'm not exactly sure what else, but apparently there is a difference between old and new models.
For the tubeless bumper, the difference isn't in old and new, but rather MW3/Moab and the version sold directly from AEV. The MW3/Moab version doesn't include the Fairlead support bracket, but instead has a set of 3/4" spacers to fill the space the bracket takes up. It also includes a filler plate for the Fairlead opening and uses j nuts for the skid plate to attach. The version sold by AEV includes the Fairlead bracket, but not the filler plate for the opening and fuses self tapping bolts to attach the skid plate.
__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #29
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,093
So I got my super deal 9.5cti this week and did the install last night and today. A couple notes from the instructions:

1. They talk about drilling out a hole on the left side to 1/2 inch for the winch plate bolt. I had issues with the drill bit hanging up and trying to pull the drill out of my hands. After checking, it turned out the hole was already big enough, so I touched up the areas I had exposed and went on with the install.

2. Not mentioned anywhere in the instructions, but to relocate the vacuum pump, you need to unhook the 2 hoses from it and re route them around the sway bar.

3. For the 9.5cti you can use the pictures exactly as in the instructions for trimming the top plastic trim panel and the forward factory vacuum pump mounting tab.

4. Ignore their instructions and do not mount the winch bolts until you have everything except the skid plate fully installed. I also needed to leave the mounting plate and fairlead bolts a bit loose for maneuvering even though they said to tighten before the bumper.

5. Make sure to start all bolts back into the bumper, including the close out brackets on the back before tightening anybody them down.

6. You have may have to remove the fog lights to get the bumper off, I found it easier to do so. Also, forgot to mention earlier the winch plate instructions seem to assume you have the bumper instructions handy, so go get those from the AEV site, get the one for the premium/tubeless bumper.

7. There's just enough room to get the fairlead bolts in from the back, but it's easier before the winch is in place. Also, if you use the AEV front plate bracket, the bolts for the fairlead May bit a bit short, I was able to swap the lock washer for a flat and I was fine.

8. If you need to swap the cable for rope like I did, do it while the bumper is off and just use a couple bolts to temporarily hold it in place while you do so. It's much easier and then you can do a proper spooling after it's all installed.

I think I got most of the gotchas, here's a few pics of progress as I went.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3455294560.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	928074   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3052977351.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	928082  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-224643263.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	928098   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-895396729.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	928106  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1761831441.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	928114  
__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
cornfedksboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson2598 View Post
So I got my super deal 9.5cti this week and did the install last night and today. A couple notes from the instructions:

1. They talk about drilling out a hole on the left side to 1/2 inch for the winch plate bolt. I had issues with the drill bit hanging up and trying to pull the drill out of my hands. After checking, it turned out the hole was already big enough, so I touched up the areas I had exposed and went on with the install.

2. Not mentioned anywhere in the instructions, but to relocate the vacuum pump, you need to unhook the 2 hoses from it and re route them around the sway bar.

3. For the 9.5cti you can use the pictures exactly as in the instructions for trimming the top plastic trim panel and the forward factory vacuum pump mounting tab.

4. Ignore their instructions and do not mount the winch bolts until you have everything except the skid plate fully installed. I also needed to leave the mounting plate and fairlead bolts a bit loose for maneuvering even though they said to tighten before the bumper.

5. Make sure to start all bolts back into the bumper, including the close out brackets on the back before tightening anybody them down.

6. You have may have to remove the fog lights to get the bumper off, I found it easier to do so. Also, forgot to mention earlier the winch plate instructions seem to assume you have the bumper instructions handy, so go get those from the AEV site, get the one for the premium/tubeless bumper.

7. There's just enough room to get the fairlead bolts in from the back, but it's easier before the winch is in place. Also, if you use the AEV front plate bracket, the bolts for the fairlead May bit a bit short, I was able to swap the lock washer for a flat and I was fine.

8. If you need to swap the cable for rope like I did, do it while the bumper is off and just use a couple bolts to temporarily hold it in place while you do so. It's much easier and then you can do a proper spooling after it's all installed.

I think I got most of the gotchas, here's a few pics of progress as I went.
As you know, I have the 9.5cti on the way. Thanks for your help! When mine comes in, I'm going to have a friend or two come help me with the install. What tools do I need to have handy in order to accomplish the install in a single sitting?

cornfedksboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC