Rock Krawler, AEV or Teraflex? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 111
Rock Krawler, AEV or Teraflex?

I am looking at a 2.5 lift and have narrowed it down to these three companies. I need to know who has the most bang for the buck? I am trying to keep the pricing in the 1000 to 1800 dollar range if possible but not a firm fixed price range. Thanks for the help!

dhc-6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
HDgasser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long beach
Posts: 456
I'd spend $400 and do a rancho 2" kit and save the extra $$$ for beer

HDgasser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
Newb
 
Sunriver Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Posts: 12
AEV gives good support

I just completed adding a 3.5" AEV lift which is way more than you want to spend. However, the technical aid I received from Kent at AEV was invaluable. The AEV folks seemed to me to have the technical side down better than others I talked with. Second seemed to be the OME folks.
Sunriver Ken is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Moderator

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Sinister6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,078
Well TeraFlex kits are very modular so you can build on them as you get it not sure about the other two... Consider where you want this jeep to be in five years. If you decide to change something do you have to change everything or just certain parts?
__________________
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of sheep.

MY BUILD: :
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/si...ad-235526.html
Sinister6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Cameron138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 480
It all depends on the kind of offroading you are doing. Rock Krawler is slower offroading with tons of flex, and teraflex offers great road manners with still great offroad performance. And AEV in my oppinion is overpriced, I'd pick between those two
Cameron138 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 111
I have been leaning towards RK but than had a friend mention the AEV lift and that's what got them in the options list, originally it was RK and Teraflex, RK seems to get you more than the Teraflex as far as parts go.
dhc-6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Woodlands TX
Posts: 126
I chose the RK 3.5" X factor after much consideration. Lots of good reviews on road handling. Went into thinking that AEV was my preference but all 8 arms, both track bars etc for essentially the same price (close anyhow) as aev and I made the choice.
__________________
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab - 6" Rough Country with 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
2014 JKURX - Anvil 6 speed, hard top, 730N
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
Lonestar Light is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
gobluewayoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 145
what are you doing with your jeep?

The best lift depends on what you plan to do with your jeep.

I just finished a 2 door rubicon and put a terraflex pre runner kit on -[3 inch ]fox res shocks, terra flex bump stops etc..[well into the 3 k range] this was a bad ass 2 door that was built to go fast over uneven terrain. It drove ok on the street, very tight like a sports car but not smooth and confy but was great going fast accross the desert. this was my 5th Wrangler build. For my 6th build [ 2014 rubicon x ] I chose an AEV 3.5 kit because i wanted a rig that could get me into camp spots, fishing holes and moderate trail riding [ greens and blue ] as well as be a DD. This thing handels like no other lift I have ever installed. It is fantastic on the road and is 1000% better than stock, min body sway in turns, takes bumps great [ very smooth] simply handles great. You can check out what components I am running on my build link but it just depends on what your going to use your jeep for.

Hope that helps and good luck
__________________
Current build: Bright White 2014 Rubicon X

Old Build: Rescue Green 2010 Rubicon

Build Link: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/pr...lo-550185.html
gobluewayoflife is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron138 View Post
It all depends on the kind of offroading you are doing. Rock Krawler is slower offroading with tons of flex, and teraflex offers great road manners with still great offroad performance. And AEV in my oppinion is overpriced, I'd pick between those two
I agree with the above mostly, up until AEV being overpriced. IMHO it's the best engineered and best for all around performance (that's what you're paying for) especially on road. People who say it's overpriced are judging it on a damn picture. I went and rode in one that had AEV and ordered it right when we got back to the shop. I've only run TeraFlex and AEV for the record.
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,296
I vote RK. I have the 2.5" max travel and it rides great. Pick your height according to the tire size you want.

RK and Teraflex tend to be build more for wheeling, AEV will likely ride better on the street. If going with AEV and you're going to wheel it, just don't get anything with the relocation brackets. They will be fine on road, but not good off road.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Kevlars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 539
Without question teraflex if you want flex. If you want comfort AEV. No comment on RK
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------
JKUR 2013,Teraflex 3 inch Lift,Teraflex Full 8 adj. arms
Elka Springs,Teraflex Front Monster Track bar,AEV Heat Reduction Hood,AEV Snorkel,SY-Clone Pre-Filter, AEV Front and Rear bumpers, Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, BFG 35 inch tires.
Kevlars is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 01:01 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
HDgasser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long beach
Posts: 456
I had the aev 4.5" lift... Not real impressed. Progressive springs were stiff "great for cornering" & "high speed driving" you wanna go fast? get a sports car not a jeep.

I now have 4" evo plush rides and fox 2.0 ressi's and the ride is soooo much nicer.

Can't comment on RK, but have a driven a Sahara on 33's with 2.5" rancho kit with rs9000's and it rides nice too, for 1/2 price of AEV
HDgasser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgasser View Post
I had the aev 4.5" lift... Not real impressed. Progressive springs were stiff "great for cornering" & "high speed driving" you wanna go fast? get a sports car not a jeep. I now have 4" evo plush rides and fox 2.0 ressi's and the ride is soooo much nicer. Can't comment on RK, but have a driven a Sahara on 33's with 2.5" rancho kit with rs9000's and it rides nice too, for 1/2 price of AEV
Funny story. My friend had just the opposite experience as you.
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 05:08 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
4DoorCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgasser View Post
I had the aev 4.5" lift... Not real impressed. Progressive springs were stiff "great for cornering" & "high speed driving" you wanna go fast? get a sports car not a jeep.

I now have 4" evo plush rides and fox 2.0 ressi's and the ride is soooo much nicer.

Can't comment on RK, but have a driven a Sahara on 33's with 2.5" rancho kit with rs9000's and it rides nice too, for 1/2 price of AEV
Well rancho doesn't make a 2.5 kit but there 2 in is nice and is what i have on now. I have a have a 2.5 Rk sitting here to waiting to go on
__________________
2012 Crush Jk sport
4DoorCrush is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 05:09 AM   #15
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
danrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 896
I'm doing a RK 3.5 X Factor. Got the front end done. Looks great, my front end went from 34.75 inches to the bottom of the Fender to 41.25. Of course 3 inches of that are going from 32 to 35 inch tires. Also have a bumper and winch weighing it down.

As for install, tearing down everything is real easy, installing the lift is easy too if you got someone to help. The one thing I figured out that would have saved me a ton of time is to replace the breaklines before the springs. The axle will drop to the ground and the springs will pop in.

Can't say how it rides, but it looks great!
__________________
2013 JKUR. Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor, Nitto Trail Trappler 35x12.5x17, ACE Rock Sliders, Poison Spyder Brawler MID Front Bumper with Brawler Bar, ENGO E10000S Electric Winch, ACE Engineering JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, JW Speaker 8700, Dually Fog lights and sPOD
danrb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #16
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,286
Lol.. I love these threads.
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Lol.. I love these threads.
x2

These threads always turn into 'here's what I have' and bashing 'what I don't have'....

My one suggestion is to search for the lifts you're considering and read issues, complaints, etc. At the end of the day, as long as you go with a reputable brand and install it correctly, they should all be roughly the same. It's not like a pair of shoes that you can try on, walk, try on the other, etc.

So unless you can find someone that has run both lifts (brief test drives and ride alongs don't count), you can't really compare.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #18
AOR
Sponsoring Vendor

WF Supporting Member
 
AOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Aukum, CA - El Dorado County about 55 mins from the Rubicon Trail
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhc-6 View Post
I am looking at a 2.5 lift and have narrowed it down to these three companies. I need to know who has the most bang for the buck? I am trying to keep the pricing in the 1000 to 1800 dollar range if possible but not a firm fixed price range. Thanks for the help!
Like others on this thread, I believe it depends on your use goals. I feel AEV is a smidge on the higher side for what you get. A lot of people love the kits and don't mind the price. They claim a ton of R&D behind their products. This might be some explaination for the higher costs. That and the knowledgeable support.

If you are interested in Rock krawler of Teraflex products, shoot me a PM with your zip code and what you are looking at. Good pricing is available to your door.

Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Allen
__________________
Allen's Offroad - 530-620-1100
Email me at: sales@allensoffroad.com



Be careful what you wish for. It will come true!
Never miss a good chance to shut up! - Will Rogers
AOR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
d90king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 347
I'd also give Synergy a hard look... Very high quality product at similar price point.
d90king is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 37
I have the RK 3.5 Mid arm flex and it works great. Great quality and great customer support.
__________________
09 JKU Rubicon, RK 3.5 Mid Arm Flex, 5.13 gears,EVO sleeves and gussets,RockHard skids,Flashpaq,315/75R16's, Rebel Offroad Restraint Brakes
RubiconRobert is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 187
Images: 12
There is a very good reason you have it narrowed down to these 3 brands. All 3 are "better than most" for various reasons. There are ALOT of lift kit comparison threads, and I've read most of them. Pricing isn't that far off between the 3, so you might base your decision on service/tech support etc. Also - the shocks you use probably make more of a difference in feel than the lift itself.

I am/was in the same predicament and had it narrowed down to the same 3. I decided to go with the Teraflex 2.5 budget boost for now, until I can get wheels & tires at the same time. I went ahead and got my longer RS9000's and Rancho correction brackets though. It drives great. Not too tall, but still running the stock Rubicon tires for now.

Good luck on your decision!
JK LOL is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
pbeachcruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrb View Post
I'm doing a RK 3.5 X Factor. Got the front end done. Looks great, my front end went from 34.75 inches to the bottom of the Fender to 41.25. Of course 3 inches of that are going from 32 to 35 inch tires. Also have a bumper and winch weighing it down.
it does not work that way...the outer diameter of the tire may be 3" larger, but only half of that is below the axle. it would raise the Jeep 1.5". the other 1.5" is in the fender well...
__________________
2014 JKU Willys Wheeler W in Copperhead Pearl, 23W Package, Freedom top, U430, Side curtain airbags
Sound Bar mod, Grill mod, Black lug nuts
pbeachcruzer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Creatrix98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 304
I have done a lot research recently on this exact topic. Currently I have no lift, or my Jeep yet for that matter, so I base this on strictly research.

Teraflex - a very popular lift with a great service record behind them. They offer well put together kits with everything you need. The only drawback I see with them is they still use a linear coil and that design has been known to sag over time and with the added weight of a bumper and winch combo.

Rock Krawler - again another popular lift with great service. Their kits seem to be a basic kit or an everything kit which includes shocks. They have recently introduced a triple rate coil which is supposed to have excellent road manners and outstanding flexibility.

AEV - I wouldn't say their lifts are all that more expensive based on what you are getting. Their lifts seem to be more focused towards the expedition type off-roading and not so much for rocks. They use a progressive rate spring that works for on and off road travel and will hold up to the added bumper/ winch weight. Their drop brackets adjust for the different angle of the front lower control arm when the lift is added, but makes for an additional hang up point for rocks.

Don't rule out the Rancho kit which I have heard good things about but also has a drop bracket similar to AEV.

A more recent addition is Metalcloak and their kits seem to be very well engineered and offer a dual rate spring that lends to great articulation characteristics.

The biggest thing is to determine what you plan on using your Jeep for and go from there.

If rocks are in your future I would look at the RK or Metalcloak lifts.
If you are more into just going off road for hiking and camping but will see a varying type of terrain, go for the AEV.

If you are more looking at the lift for show more than go, not saying that the Rancho kit isn't a capable lift, but it's price point and the spring sale they are having right now it's hard to pass them up.

Good luck on your decision. I went with the RK stock mod with plans to add control arms in the future.
__________________
2014 Anvil JKUR
2.5" RK Stock Mod
35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
MB TKO Wheels

Northridge 4x4
Creatrix98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #24
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post
Funny story. My friend had just the opposite experience as you.
And this is why ride is subjective. 2/4 door makes a huge difference too
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona currently
Posts: 210
I've got the AEV 2.5 kit on my 2dr rubi.

It actually gave me slightly more than 3 inches of lift.

The ride is slightly firmer than stock but the shock control is much MUCH better. Like, night and day. I also added the AEV front suspension control arm kit, which lets the front control arm run nearly horizontal (it looks like you lose a little bit of clearance when viewing from the sidebut it but you don't really, it's so close to the tire that unless you're an idiot and try to straddle a rock, it's a non issue)

The AEV kit really changed the jeep. The on-road handling is night and day better...and with the front control arm relocation kit, brake dive is pretty much eliminated completely. I can honestly drive my 3 inch lifted Jeep (on 33s) like a normal family sedan around the road and while the ride is busier than a car, it rides, corners and stops so much better than stock that it's ridiculous. The front control arm relocation kit keeps the weight distribution so much more even during braking that I suspect the $260 bucks I spent on that improved braking performance more than any actual brake mod on the market.

Off-road, it's got a bit of extra clearance and the shock control means it will handle higher-speed off-road stuff a bit better - so it's a bit more capable than a stock Rubicon. Improved clearance, no loss of articulation, and better in the higher speed stuff.

I'm incredibly happy with the lift, and I feel it was completely worth the price. If you go AEV, spend the extra $260 bucks and get the front control arm relocation kit though. In terms of low speed, extra articulation, I'm sure there are kits more suited for it.....but honestly 90% of your driving is going to be on-road and the AEV kit improves that vastly while offering very respectable clearance gains and the ability to run larger tires. It was a no-brainer for me, all I needed was a ride in a friend's AEV equipped ride.

I'd also like to note that I did the install myself and thus had a good look at every part included in the kit and every single part was well finished. AEV sources a lot of their stuff from other companies, with some AEV specific shock valving inside the otherwise normal shocks and AEV specific spring rates, but they definitely choose very high quality suppliers and everything works together perfectly.

I've given people who own late model jeeps a ride in mine and they always comment how much better it rides than their rig.

Also, I have absolutely zero suspension noise from my Jeep. I'm very familiar with suspension modifications in other cars and every single car I've modified always wound up with some creaks and groans - normal (primarily due to the materials used in the bushings), but certainly distracting. The AEV kit is quieter than stock.

Overall, the AEV kit seems like it was designed by people who knew exactly what they wanted, and exactly what typical modification annoyances they wanted to avoid. Mission accomplished, I couldn't recommend the kit higher.

Could you spend less, and get equal performance? Yep, you definitely could. But you'd have to already know exactly which combination of parts to buy. From what I've seen of the Jeep aftermarket, it would take multiple different combinations of parts to find the one that worked "like stock but better." That's money. Spend a bit more up-front for a system that's got more R&D in it....
MHShale is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #26
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHShale View Post
I've got the AEV 2.5 kit on my 2dr rubi. It actually gave me slightly more than 3 inches of lift. The ride is slightly firmer than stock but the shock control is much MUCH better. Like, night and day. I also added the AEV front suspension control arm kit, which lets the front control arm run nearly horizontal (it looks like you lose a little bit of clearance when viewing from the sidebut it but you don't really, it's so close to the tire that unless you're an idiot and try to straddle a rock, it's a non issue) The AEV kit really changed the jeep. The on-road handling is night and day better...and with the front control arm relocation kit, brake dive is pretty much eliminated completely. I can honestly drive my 3 inch lifted Jeep (on 33s) like a normal family sedan around the road and while the ride is busier than a car, it rides, corners and stops so much better than stock that it's ridiculous. The front control arm relocation kit keeps the weight distribution so much more even during braking that I suspect the $260 bucks I spent on that improved braking performance more than any actual brake mod on the market. Off-road, it's got a bit of extra clearance and the shock control means it will handle higher-speed off-road stuff a bit better - so it's a bit more capable than a stock Rubicon. Improved clearance, no loss of articulation, and better in the higher speed stuff. I'm incredibly happy with the lift, and I feel it was completely worth the price. If you go AEV, spend the extra $260 bucks and get the front control arm relocation kit though. In terms of low speed, extra articulation, I'm sure there are kits more suited for it.....but honestly 90% of your driving is going to be on-road and the AEV kit improves that vastly while offering very respectable clearance gains and the ability to run larger tires. It was a no-brainer for me, all I needed was a ride in a friend's AEV equipped ride. I'd also like to note that I did the install myself and thus had a good look at every part included in the kit and every single part was well finished. AEV sources a lot of their stuff from other companies, with some AEV specific shock valving inside the otherwise normal shocks and AEV specific spring rates, but they definitely choose very high quality suppliers and everything works together perfectly. I've given people who own late model jeeps a ride in mine and they always comment how much better it rides than their rig. Also, I have absolutely zero suspension noise from my Jeep. I'm very familiar with suspension modifications in other cars and every single car I've modified always wound up with some creaks and groans - normal (primarily due to the materials used in the bushings), but certainly distracting. The AEV kit is quieter than stock. Overall, the AEV kit seems like it was designed by people who knew exactly what they wanted, and exactly what typical modification annoyances they wanted to avoid. Mission accomplished, I couldn't recommend the kit higher. Could you spend less, and get equal performance? Yep, you definitely could. But you'd have to already know exactly which combination of parts to buy. From what I've seen of the Jeep aftermarket, it would take multiple different combinations of parts to find the one that worked "like stock but better." That's money. Spend a bit more up-front for a system that's got more R&D in it....
Good review ^ but the "control arm drop brackets" are $99 (us) and can be added to any lift. Matter of fact, rough Country, Rancho (I run these) and some other company's make them too. Not knocking AEV, but the brackets used make the biggest difference. I run the Rancho version with RK Coils.
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #27
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,286
Couple pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3454186273.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	950994   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3561643082.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	951010  

__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona currently
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Couple pics

I'm probably mis-remembering the price. But yes, those are similar to what I got. The AEV ones look to be a bit thicker gauge and more fully boxed, but again, I could be mis-remembering. I'd have to run outside to my rig to check, and it's 10pm and I'm drunk, so that's not going to happen.

They make a huge huge difference.

Whatever lift kit you decide to go with, dear god, get those. I put mine on about a week after the suspension and they probably made as much difference as the whole lift by itself.
MHShale is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHShale View Post
I'm probably mis-remembering the price. But yes, those are similar to what I got. The AEV ones look to be a bit thicker gauge and more fully boxed, but again, I could be mis-remembering. I'd have to run outside to my rig to check, and it's 10pm and I'm drunk, so that's not going to happen. They make a huge huge difference. Whatever lift kit you decide to go with, dear god, get those.
Opposite ... I ran both. Actually, the thickness is the same. AEV's are 2 pieces joined with a few bolts. RAnchos are much sturdier, and boxed as one piece. Also tuck nicely into the stock mount.

But ... YES .. Best bang for buck handling mod besides mY Highsteer, the AEV's are $99. Rancho's are a bit more $130,
TNT customs also makes a set @ $250
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 111
Thanks for the info, I want to run some of the moderate trails in Moab ( Hells Revenge, Poison Spider, Fins and Things) . I am not ready to take this Jeep on Pritchett yet so it is Sounding like the AEV kit might be what I am looking for!
Thanks again for the great info.

dhc-6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC