Ok, so I'm coming to the close of a two year project on my '03 TJ. I'm ready to finally crank it, but it won't start. The starter turns and the engine tries to turn over, but it won't actually start.
However, if I prime the engine (pour gas directly into the throttle body) the engine will start up and run until the gas is used up.
I'm currently getting the following error codes:
P0122 - Throttle position sensor voltage low
P0463 - Fuel level sender voltage wrong
P1495 - Leak Detection Pump (LDP) pressure switch problem - the solenoid circuit
The related stuff that may affect it (i.e. the things I've changed) include:
- trading out the stock gas tank for a Genright Comp Tank (Click Here
) but kept the existing sending unit and related parts
- moving the evap canister to up under the new comp cut wheel well. verified that all connections, etc are as they were when I removed from stock location. they are also tightened down so there are no leaks.
Stuff that I've checked:
- have replaced the batteries with a pair of new Optima Yellow Top batteries (and have run a charger on them)
- verified connectors are properly seated
- verified fuses are good
- replaced the fuel relay (just in case)
Currently thinking that:
- the 1495 error is remnant of an attempt to start before the evap relocation was complete. it likely just needs to be cleared...
- the 0122 and 0463 are probably due to a possible bad ground, but I'm not sure
Anybody have any suggestions on where to start?
And yes, I'll post lotsa pictures once the project is complete