this is just driving me crazy. i'm still trying to fix my jeep so it can go through a puddle more then 2 inches deep. i actually went through a car wash the other day and got the undercarriage sprayed down, and after it started to almost stall out. i put dielectric grease on all the spark plugs and on the distribator and was wondering if i should just hit every single connection under the hood? could i hurt anything by using the grease on it. thanks.
" Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." Bukowski
If your brave you can fill a spray bottle with water and spray a mist over all the wires in the engine compartment. If you have a bad wire it will arc or cause the jeep to run rough (you will hear a crack when the arc goes to ground). Beware though this could cause a spike in the electrical systems, but I would think no more then running it through a car wash. Check all your engine sensors, particularly the ones on or around the engine, for water damage or burn marks/soot buildup as this also could be causing this. Another possibility it that you have a cracked or disconnected vacuum line. If this happened it could suck up water into the intake and essentially kill the jeep. If too much water ends up in the combustion chamber you could end up hydro-locked also (definitely not a good thing). There is something wrong, and the Jeep should not die out when running through water, that is, unless it is submerged in deep water without a snorkel.