About 10 months ago my battery died. It was fine one minute, made a quick stop and came out and it was dead. I replaced it and have no problems until today. I came home around 2 pm and the Jeep was running fine. At 4:30 pm I went out to take my daughter to practice and it wouldn't start. Couldn't get it to jump start and after a few tries, everything stopped working (dome lights, buzzers, head lights, radio, etc). I removed the battery and it appears fine (no cracks or holes). The battery try was covered with battery corrosion, but I think part of that was there 10 months ago. I took out the tray to clean it and discovered that the group of wires that go into the fuse box had part of the plastic covering melted on it (where is was next to the battery). The wires themselves seemed fine and no fuses were blown in the box. I wrapped it with electrical tape and zip tied it out of the way of the battery. Tomorrow I will go get my battery replaced under warranty and hopefully that is all that is wrong.
Has anyone else had similar problems? Should I be concerned that something else might be causing the battery to go dead without warning?