Brake Issue.. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
jamesdeanblvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 161
Brake Issue..

Ok, last week my brakes started feeling a little light, then the light came on and the pedal went pretty much freely to the floor. Scared the crap out of me. I then filled it, pumped them up and the light went off and they worked fine. Today, it happened again. Was able to put a bunch of fluid in again today and breaks were weak. I looked everywhere for a leak and we couldn't find one. I'm thinking I should look at the rear brake cylinders. What are your thoughts and experiences?

jamesdeanblvd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Happy Holidays

WF Supporting Member
::WF Administrator::
 
distortedtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: yep right there.
Posts: 21,378
Send a message via Yahoo to distortedtj
Fluid is going somewhere.

Pull the rear tires and pull your drums.

distortedtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdeanblvd
Ok, last week my brakes started feeling a little light, then the light came on and the pedal went pretty much freely to the floor. Scared the crap out of me. I then filled it, pumped them up and the light went off and they worked fine. Today, it happened again. Was able to put a bunch of fluid in again today and breaks were weak. I looked everywhere for a leak and we couldn't find one. I'm thinking I should look at the rear brake cylinders. What are your thoughts and experiences?
Did you happen to go wheelin shortly before you noticed this?
RyCa is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
pyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedtj View Post
Fluid is going somewhere.

Pull the rear tires and pull your drums.
+1.
also park on a flat surface have someone pump the breaks till u find the fluid leak. Dont forget to chock the tires while your under her.
pyro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
TheTJRod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro View Post
+1.
also park on a flat surface have someone pump the breaks till u find the fluid leak. Dont forget to chock the tires while your under her.
+1 This is what did it for me, I had a frayed front brake line. It actually misted brake fluid all over the tire.
__________________
'03 TJ Sport / D30/Ford9 / 35x12.5x15 KM2 / D window black steel 15x8 wheels / 3" custom long arm lift / SYE & 1350 DS / JKS BL / 1" MML / Smittybilt's front bumper, Tube fenders, Rocker guards, and rear bumper / High Rock Tire Carrier
Just bought a True Hi9 rear and a D44 front, both with ARB's and 4.88 gears!! Check out the build!
TheTJRod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
jamesdeanblvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybeon View Post
+1 This is what did it for me, I had a frayed front brake line. It actually misted brake fluid all over the tire.
I'll try that when I get home.. I tried pumping them in the garage and then climbing under myself, but, I couldn't find it. I thought maybe that it was in the rear drums..

jamesdeanblvd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brake rotor issue: daanbc TJ General Discussion Forum 27 01-14-2012 10:41 AM
brake issue CombatCarlson YJ Tech Forum 4 06-15-2009 10:50 PM
Brake Issue my_yj YJ Tech Forum 2 04-17-2009 11:08 AM
Brake Pressure Issue jgano23 General Jeep Discussion 9 04-15-2009 08:40 PM
Brake issue britton YJ Tech Forum 6 09-05-2007 01:07 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC