I have the jeep handling much better (no wandering etc). I do however have slight vibes around 55mph. Would love some comments to make sure I am heading in the right direction.
Bit of history of what I did already (thanks for the info in there!)
This is what I currently
have (installed by PO):
-98 sport 4.0L, 4" lift, 33"x12.5" tires.
- 1" MML
- 1" TC drop (do I even need this??, or were these stock on '98 sports? not sure if the skid plate normally bolts directly to frame)
- Double cardan rear drive shaft w/ spicer joints
- Stock control arms (pretty sure I need adj rear uppers at a minimum)
So I crawled under the jeep & measured some stuff:
- Rear flange off tcase - 11 degrees
- Rear DC driveshaft - 14 degrees
- Rear pinion angle - 11 degrees (this is the cause of the vibes right??? Needs to be in line with DS aka 14 degrees, fixable with adjustable upper control arms??....)
- Front stock driveshaft - 7.5 degrees
- Front pinion angle - 9 degrees
- Caster angle - 5.5 - 6 degrees (measured on knuckle & top of ball joints)
- Stock control arms, lowers have cam bolts and appear to be holding after my one & only off-road trip
Not terribly worried about front anymore as the wandering issue has been resolved.
So.....adjustable rear upper CA's, dial the pinion angle to match driveshaft angle, hopefully get rid of the vibes?
Thoughts on removing Tcase spacers? What problems will I encounter after that??....