Flat style fender flares? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
48Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 209
Flat style fender flares?

I'm currently in the market for flat style fenders. I don't do any hardcore off roading or rock crawling so no need for ones that are bullet proof. :-)

In your opinion, what are some of the best looking fender flares but aren't that expensive? Both front and back sets.

Thanks.
-Sam

48Sam is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
zombie & ninja slayer

WF Supporting Member
 
Redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: southern illinois, no where near chicago (allendale)
Posts: 2,276
Mce

__________________

"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again"
Redsand is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
FCStevensV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsand View Post
Mce
Those are flat fenders, he was asking for flat fender FLARES. Bushwacker and Tag both make flat fender flares.
FCStevensV is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Sheklikak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona, southwest
Posts: 774
Send a message via Yahoo to Sheklikak
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCStevensV View Post
Those are flat fenders, he was asking for flat fender FLARES. Bushwacker and Tag both make flat fender flares.
I wouldn't but Bushwacker ANYTHING on my jeep. I give another vote for MCE. Yes, you have to cut up your existing front fenders but at $560 for all four, the lifetime warranty against breakage, and the fact that you can clear an extra inch of tire, in my opinion these are a no brainer.
Sheklikak is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #5
Motorized toy collector

WF Supporting Member
 
TJDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eastern WA State
Posts: 3,206
I have seen both Bushwacker flats and Xenon flat flares on friends' Jeeps.
Not a fan of the Bushwackers. Faded badly and just look funny with the bubble lip around end, IMO.

Not on topic but I had Bushcracker pockets on my Jeep way back when. They didn't last very long.

...And, I have had MCE Flexible Flat Fenders w/3" flair on it for over 3 years. They're working great.
__________________
2004 TJ. Locked on 35's.

~PNW4WDA~
TJDave is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Sam View Post
I'm currently in the market for flat style fenders. I don't do any hardcore off roading or rock crawling so no need for ones that are bullet proof. :-)

In your opinion, what are some of the best looking fender flares but aren't that expensive? Both front and back sets.

Thanks.
-Sam
Sam,

I like the Xenon Flares if you're looking for a flat flare and not a full replacement fender. The brand has a good reputation and you'll find some good reviews if you search around. Let me know if you have any specific questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
WIN a Supercharged 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!
XTRyan is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
andy05jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Central,Pa
Posts: 490
I have the xenon on my jeep I like them good look and durable
andy05jeep is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
andy05jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Central,Pa
Posts: 490
I have the xenon on my jeep good look and durable
andy05jeep is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
FCStevensV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 505
You can't vote for a flat fender when that isn't what he's looking for. He said FLAT FLARES. This isn't rocket science.
FCStevensV is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Sheklikak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona, southwest
Posts: 774
Send a message via Yahoo to Sheklikak
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCStevensV View Post
You can't vote for a flat fender when that isn't what he's looking for. He said FLAT FLARES. This isn't rocket science.
Reading isn't rocket science either, and we can all do that. I'm just suggesting something that will be better for him in the long run.
Sheklikak is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Sheklikak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona, southwest
Posts: 774
Send a message via Yahoo to Sheklikak
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRyan View Post
Sam,

I like the Xenon Flares if you're looking for a flat flare and not a full replacement fender. The brand has a good reputation and you'll find some good reviews if you search around. Let me know if you have any specific questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
I live in the land of 115° summers. The only negative thing I've heard about Xenon fender flairs was that they sag out here in that kinda heat. Is that a true issue and if so has it been addressed?
Sheklikak is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
FCStevensV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheklikak View Post
Reading isn't rocket science either, and we can all do that. I'm just suggesting something that will be better for him in the long run.
not necessarily, cutting up your fenders is not better in the long run for MOST people.
FCStevensV is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #13
zombie & ninja slayer

WF Supporting Member
 
Redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: southern illinois, no where near chicago (allendale)
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCStevensV View Post
You can't vote for a flat fender when that isn't what he's looking for. He said FLAT FLARES. This isn't rocket science.
Why so butthurt?
__________________

"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again"
Redsand is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Sheklikak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona, southwest
Posts: 774
Send a message via Yahoo to Sheklikak
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCStevensV View Post
not necessarily, cutting up your fenders is not better in the long run for MOST people.

I've recently researched fender flare and just flairs. I know what the cost is for full replacements, those that use existing fenders, and just replacement flares, from Smittybilt to Metal Cloak and even some local shops out here in the Great Southwest. I've used basic math, not rocket science, to figure out the value of these minus recuperating some cost through selling said stock fenders. So I stand by my humble opinions that MCE is the best value for him and that you are an anal forum nazi impressing no one but yourself.

Good day sir.
Sheklikak is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Airtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 300
Airtight is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #16
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheklikak View Post
I live in the land of 115° summers. The only negative thing I've heard about Xenon fender flairs was that they sag out here in that kinda heat. Is that a true issue and if so has it been addressed?
That's a question that would best be answered by Xenon directly. I can't say I've heard that sagging in intense heat is a problem for a lot of individuals but since you're seeing it, it is an issue! I'll do some research and see what I can find out.

-Ryan
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
WIN a Supercharged 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!
XTRyan is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
BlackTJ94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 83
I've got the bushwhacker flat flares and I love them. They don't fade and they will not tear off any easier than the stock flares.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-360126261.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	1015489
BlackTJ94 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
48Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 209
Lol, Jesus H Christ! I didn't realize by asking for an opinion would cause such an uproar amongst fello jeepers.

Now, lets all take a deep breath and RELAX for a minute....... Ahhhhhhhhhh, doesn't that feel better?! Lol

I do appreciate those of you who have replied "constructively" to my question. MCE do have nice looking flat fenders or flares or whatever the hell anyone calls them anymore and Bushwacker or anyone else go manufactures these types of fenders/flares I'm sure are fine as well in their own respect.

Ryan, if you can please quote me a set of flares front and back or front flat fenders and rear flares that would great as well.

Thanks.
-Sam
48Sam is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #19
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Sam View Post
Lol, Jesus H Christ! I didn't realize by asking for an opinion would cause such an uproar amongst fello jeepers.

Now, lets all take a deep breath and RELAX for a minute....... Ahhhhhhhhhh, doesn't that feel better?! Lol

I do appreciate those of you who have replied "constructively" to my question. MCE do have nice looking flat fenders or flares or whatever the hell anyone calls them anymore and Bushwacker or anyone else go manufactures these types of fenders/flares I'm sure are fine as well in their own respect.

Ryan, if you can please quote me a set of flares front and back or front flat fenders and rear flares that would great as well.

Thanks.
-Sam
Sam,

I'll shoot you over a PM now!

-Ryan
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
WIN a Supercharged 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!
XTRyan is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
48Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 209
Ryan,

Thank you for the PM. The xenon flares are really nice and a great price.

I'll be purchasing them soon. :-)

Have a great Friday ya'll.
-Sam

48Sam is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC