I was watching this thread when I realized my vents were very slow, if at all changing. Aha! vacuum leak. My daughter(auto shop major in high school I think) told me that's what it was and that she didn't do vacuum leaks because they were a pain. No smoke machine, tried starter fluid spay and air compressor tricks. Finally in desperation using the great diagram above I was able to trace the lines. Turned out to be the rigid line behind the batter was split and as I pulled it up fell apart. Flexible tubing I had laying around saved me $$ from the dealer who, of course has a smoke machine.
Thanks to everyone on this board who is so helpful. An absolute world of information!