I have a 2006 Unlimited. Today while off roading I noticed a smell like sere and though maybe it was something residual from this smelly creek I drove through last week. But upon further inspection I see my battery is venting and there's fluid around the caps. Any ideas? When running the jeep it shows it charging at 13-14 volrs.
I'd replace it - thought your charge indicator is fine, smoking batteries is never a good sign. Replace it and get yourself an optima or equiv. spiral cell and stop worrying about the lead acid stuff.
I agree, though I'd probably stick with W/M.
A smoking or venting battery would scare me, I'd treat it as a bomb that it is. Over-charging would be the only reason that should happen beside a defective battery.
Yeah, I just hater having to leave it or deal with the local dealer. I checked the voltage on the battery and it was 13-1/2, and the alternator was 14-1/2 with the A/C on high. I then checked the "maintenance free" battery and the water level was low and I could see the tops of the cells. I filled them up, just took a drive and now letting it run to see if it happens again.