12-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Join Date: Feb 2011
For your '03 from the FSM
The blower motor and blower wheel are located in the passenger side end of the heater-A/C housing, below the glove box. The blower motor controls the velocity of air flowing through the heater-A/C housing by spinning a squirrel cage-type blower wheel within the housing at the selected speed. The blower motor and wheel can be removed from inside the passenger side of the vehicle.
(1) Disconnect the battery negative cable.
(2) Unplug the blower motor wire harness connector.
(3) Release blower motor retaining tab and rotate blower motor assembly counter clock wise.
(4) Remove blower motor assembly from HVAC housing.
(1) Align and install the blower motor and wheel assembly into the heater-A/C housing.
(2) Rotate the blower assembly until all of the locking tabs have secured the blower motor and wheel assembly to the HVAC housing.
NOTE: Failure to install the blower motor assembly correctly could result in an air leak or the blower motor assembly becoming completely disengaged from the HVAC housing.
(3) Plug in the blower motor wire harness connector.
(4) Connect the battery negative cable.
(5) Test the blower motor for proper installation by turning the blower motor speed to its fastest position and checking around the outer edges of the blower assembly for air leaks. If any are found remove and reinstall the blower motor assembly.
'05 Rubi TJ Unlimited
'93 Toyota 4Runner