I checked the forum archives and this subject has been touched on but no resolution has been posted so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for....
My '02 TJ has lost the fabric on the passenger seat pull tab. to be clear it is not the cable mechanism (the release works fine) but rather the pull tab itself (small piece of cloth sticking out from the seat). I can fabricate a new pull tab but does anyone know how to get to the cable in order to re attach it?
I would be greatly appreciative if anyone has an idea that does not involve pull the seats out of my wranger in order to install a stupid pull tab.
Here is what is in the FSM:
RECLINER RELEASE CABLE
(1) Remove seat back cover. (Refer to 23 - BODY/
SEATS/FRONT SEAT BACK COVER - REMOVAL)
(2) Disengage seat track release cable from bottom
of cushion and pivot bracket.
(3) Disengage cable from recliner release.
(4) Route cable through seat back pad.
(5) Disengage cable from mounting bracket.
(1) Engage cable to mounting bracket.
(2) Route cable through seat back pad.
(3) Engage cable to recliner release.
(4) Engage seat track release cable to bottom of
cushion and pivot bracket.
(5) Install seat back cover. (Refer to 23 - BODY/
SEATS/FRONT SEAT BACK COVER - INSTALLATION
Retired my 94 YJ 4cyl 5spd @ 200K
Now in a 04 TJ 4cyl 5spd CV @120K+
Both as a commuter vehicle in NW, NJ
April 2012.downsized and now a 99er.
All that for a pull tab? I appreciate the help, I am going to continue for a more simple answer before i commit to removing my seat cover...i will let everyone know what I find out when this is resolved.