Rattling like hell on gravel - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
tsteb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,006
Rattling like hell on gravel

Took rear seat out and went down a long gravel road and the tailgate rattles like crazy. It's coming from the driver side. Can't tell what it is since I'm driving. Anyone know what could cause such a severe rattle

__________________
1998 Wrangler Gunmetal Blue
Build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/my...ck-232687.html
tsteb is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
jherrington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsteb View Post
Took rear seat out and went down a long gravel road and the tailgate rattles like crazy. It's coming from the driver side. Can't tell what it is since I'm driving. Anyone know what could cause such a severe rattle
Transfer case linkage banging Against the tub. Get under your rig and shake the linkage and tell me if that's a similar sound to what you were hearing.

__________________
98 TJ sport 4.0L I6 356,000 miles.
No Engine, axle, tranny, or t-case rebuilds.
Check out my 5.3 swap in progress here!
jherrington is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
tsteb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrington View Post

Transfer case linkage banging Against the tub. Get under your rig and shake the linkage and tell me if that's a similar sound to what you were hearing.
Where is that? Pics would be helpful
__________________
1998 Wrangler Gunmetal Blue
Build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/my...ck-232687.html
tsteb is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
jherrington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsteb View Post

Where is that? Pics would be helpful
Right under your right knee in the under side of your jeep. I don't have any pictures. I mean, it is the only thing bolted to your tub. You'll see it. If you're still lost after looking, google is your friend(:
__________________
98 TJ sport 4.0L I6 356,000 miles.
No Engine, axle, tranny, or t-case rebuilds.
Check out my 5.3 swap in progress here!
jherrington is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
tsteb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherrington View Post

Right under your right knee in the under side of your jeep. I don't have any pictures. I mean, it is the only thing bolted to your tub. You'll see it. If you're still lost after looking, google is your friend(:
Okay thanks haha headed to ure Saturday and my girlfriend was like maybe you should tighten all the bolts before you go haha...
__________________
1998 Wrangler Gunmetal Blue
Build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/my...ck-232687.html
tsteb is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC