New Jeep, So New Problems. I'm going to get cracking this weekend on fixing what I can, so here's what I've got. Any suggestions
1. Front and rear tube bumpers are a little rusted and the paint is peeled. Can I sand and rattle can with decent result ya think? I want to just paint them a matte black, but I'm wary about painting black.
- I'm having a tough time shifting into 2nd and downshifting to 2nd from 3rd. It doesn't grind or pop out of gear, but i have to yank the shit out of it sometimes to get it into gear. It'll double clutch in okay sometimes, so I'm guessing syncro - but I don't know how much that's goin to cost me.
2. Rough Start
- The engine will turn over but won't start the first time I turn the key. If I turn it again, then it starts up right away. I want to say it's something to do with the amplifier that's installed, but it happens consistently each time I cold start it.
3. Rear windshield wiper. It's not installed on the hardtop. I have the unit, but I've plugged it in and it won't turn on. Any information on the wiring or fuses?
4. Fender flares. I'm going to Kyrlon Fusion, and I've read some manuals on how to do it. Any other suggestions?
5. Hitch has a lock on it and it didn't come with a key. Suggestions?
6. Whistling is coming I think from the engine in 2nd and 3rd from 30mph - 50mph. Think it's due to the CAI, but I don't know if it's a vacuum leak. Only happens when I step on the accelerator.
7. Shift Boot - shift boot won't stay in. It's an aftermarket piece of crap, so I'm going to get an OEM one. Do I need a bracket to hold it in or is it just the rubber part that just stays in the hole?