Hey guys, so I'm having a bit of an electrical gremlin. I have a leaky gas regulator on the fuel pump, so whenever I start the jeep cold, I turn the key to ON, then OFF, about 3-4 times to get gas back in the system. The jeep usually turns over without issue. Well about 3-4 days ago, the jeep refused to crank, (in the parking lot 20 miles from home, figures
). I narrowed it down to a corroded connection between the battery cable and the PDC fuse box under the hood. I cleaned that connection and it started right up.
Well this morning, I did the usual key on/off deal, my dash lit up like normal, the jeep beeped at me to tell me the keys where in the ignition, go to crank, something like a 'thunk" and then nothing. Tried to turn it again, nothing, and my dash lights were barely flickering. Put a volt meter to the battery, 12-14 volts (I have an old meter not very accurate). Volt meter to the PDC post, same reading. So I had my father turn the key while I listened under the hood and there's a buzzing coming from the fuse block under the hood.
Didn't have time to jump it or check which relay it was, I was late for work as is. My suspicion is that the battery can hold a charge, but can't take a load.
Any thoughts? I have a 97 wrangler, 4.0. I appreciate any insight you may have
Thanks in advance