Most likely. I once blew out my radio from water damage, wired up a new one and fixed 3 other issues - dash illumination, radio issue, and a light issue I had. I think they let a toddler do the wiring in these things at times. The fan motor wiring is also bad, once the motor wears out the drawn gets too high and burns out switches, wires and the blower motor resistor. I still have to do the relay that is supposed to prevent this, I've already been through 1 resistor and a fan switch now I believe.
Basically the wiring sucks