Trans sudden tough shift into 1st - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
Bet
Jeeper
 
Bet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 134
Trans sudden tough shift into 1st

RP Synchromax just got here today for my 2000 TJ, and ironically enough, today was the first time I experienced a really tough shift into first - but it didn't happen just once, it happened 3-4 times on the way home. Had the Jeep for about a month now and I've never felt it before.

Should I be concerned/How helpful will the RP be/Should I do the fluid flush w/ kerosene and all that or just a drain and refill?

Thanks in advance

Bet is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
King_Aragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hell Paso
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet View Post
RP Synchromax just got here today for my 2000 TJ, and ironically enough, today was the first time I experienced a really tough shift into first - but it didn't happen just once, it happened 3-4 times on the way home. Had the Jeep for about a month now and I've never felt it before.

Should I be concerned/How helpful will the RP be/Should I do the fluid flush w/ kerosene and all that or just a drain and refill?

Thanks in advance
I'd do a flush my Jeep had the same it's the NV3550 I took it to get checked out I had water in it, my synchros were bad and other things also :/ the RP should help though I did it before I took my baby to the shop worked swell for a week no grinding or hard shifts

King_Aragon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Bet
Jeeper
 
Bet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 134
So since this is the first time, should I be worried?
Bet is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
King_Aragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hell Paso
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet View Post
So since this is the first time, should I be worried?
Just keep it in mind because I put it off for a while and I was starting to grind really bad, Going from neutral to 1st and then 1st to 2nd it would also just pop out of gear randomly. Watch for water in the oil if there is any your transmission may be damaged inside. You may also wanna check your clutch before you do what I did. Do you know if the PO changed out the clutch?
King_Aragon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Bet
Jeeper
 
Bet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Aragon View Post
Just keep it in mind because I put it off for a while and I was starting to grind really bad, Going from neutral to 1st and then 1st to 2nd it would also just pop out of gear randomly. Watch for water in the oil if there is any your transmission may be damaged inside. You may also wanna check your clutch before you do what I did. Do you know if the PO changed out the clutch?
Not sure about the clutch, it doesn't seem weak or anything. I don't feel any grinding though, just doesn't want to go into first every now and again.
Bet is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
King_Aragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hell Paso
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet View Post

Not sure about the clutch, it doesn't seem weak or anything. I don't feel any grinding though, just doesn't want to go into first every now and again.
Hmm OK well give the RP a try the oil makes all the difference. Trust me before I took my baby in the RP worked swell!

King_Aragon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
royal purple , shift , tough , trans

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC