Just got back home and am about to try the heat. Go ahead and laugh but I'm using my wife's cooking torch...should work the same, I think!
Mr. C, can you elaborate? Have already disconnected the spring from the back shackle and have removed the u-bolts and plates from underneath, only thing left is the front bolt. We've tried moving it around while pounding, holding it up, down, etc...
i've had many many of those spring bolts that simply don't come out, i've had to cut them inside the spring hanger with a hack saw. cut both sides that way and then the spring can at least come out. the bolt being stuck inside the spring and bushing makes it impossible to get heat on it, there's nothing to heat. a sawzall works, but i actually have more luck with a hack saw in the tight space. it actually doesn't take very long, and i'm a very impatient person.
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president." http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data...re_cowbell.gif
MY dad and i just had to replaced a broken leaf spring on mine and we tried everything. Then we finally tried using a propane torch. Heat it up for a good minute or so and then spray some pb on it. the heat will suck in the pb. let it sit for a good 2-3minutes then give it a go. Worked for us. We spent 2 hours trying to get the thing to budge before we thought of the heat, took us 5 mins to do with the heat.
I appreciate all the replies. After multiple hours of trying anything we could think of, I found a heavy duty grinder my dad had given me a while back and it was done in a matter of minutes. Had to grind off both ends of the bolt and pry the spring out of the hanger. 16 yrs will do that i guess...
Got the lift on and so far so good. Will post some before and after pics shortly. Thanks again!!
Rides a lot better too. With the acception of the few things we ran into that held us up, the install is fairly simple. The problems were the pitman arm removal from the tie rod and steering box (remover tool I had sucked), rear front spring removal, rear track bar removal, two broken socket wrenches, a broken universal socket pivet (or whatever its called) & a partridge in a pear tree. This lift install was a first for both of us!