I have a 91 Wrangler. It's amazing don't get me wrong but the last few weeks it's been trying to kill me.
About a week ago as I was driving home and my head unit bottomed out. No worries, it's done it before (I have subs.) But then all of a sudden my wipers turned on without warning and I smelled this toxin that I was sure was going to kill me. I made it home only to see that my headlights blew out upon parking.
I took it to a mechanic and he said my headlight switch burned out. He replaced it and the ride home was fine except for the fact that my hazard and bright indicators and my wipers went all at once without me activating them. Also, my stereo couldn't last for 5 seconds without turning off (and it was only connected to my 6x9s at the time.) I later found that I had a cracked battery that was back feeding my electronics. I replaced the battery and for an hour maybe, no problems. But suddenly, without warning, the indicators and wipers went almost second by second and when I tried to take it home later that night my lights burned out again when only being on for about a minute. Also my gas gauge read full when my indicators went off.
I CAN'T FIND A SHORTED WIRE! IS THIS COMMON??