Okay, so I decided to try to fix the infamous flaky dimmer switch. What would happen is, you can only get the dash to light in one position. I figure I have a degree in Electronics no biggie. Well, mine can't be fixed. Due to water leaking into the dash and into the switch, the rheostat is actually missing the Copper inside that connects to all resistive elements.
If I was desperate and highly motivated i guess i could get some copper and cut it to make some new traces and epoxy them onto the ceramic pad. unfortunately the time to benefit ratio is not favorable. I did the next best thing. I soldered what elements were left together to increase the sweet spot.
Just a warning for those wondering if this is worth it.