it is smoking hot, need help with a/c - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
RUBISEAN

WF Supporting Member
 
mcseang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wesley chapel,fl
Posts: 437
it is smoking hot, need help with a/c

i am having trouble charging my a/c, i replaced the compressor and pulled a vacuum for 15 minutes and let it hold for an additional 30 minutes to verify that no leaks are present. i injected 4 ounces of pag oil and then tried to charge with 32 ounces of 134. the system will not accept any freon, not even an ounce. my jeep is a 1990 4.2, and yes i did flush the system, changed the drier and o rings when i converted from r12. anyway does anyone have any ideas as to why the system will not accept a charge

__________________
check out my build thread...BLUE BALLED BUILD
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/blue...ld-122927.html
mcseang is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Redrider94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcseang View Post
i am having trouble charging my a/c, i replaced the compressor and pulled a vacuum for 15 minutes and let it hold for an additional 30 minutes to verify that no leaks are present. i injected 4 ounces of pag oil and then tried to charge with 32 ounces of 134. the system will not accept any freon, not even an ounce. my jeep is a 1990 4.2, and yes i did flush the system, changed the drier and o rings when i converted from r12. anyway does anyone have any ideas as to why the system will not accept a charge
Did you bypass the low pressure cutoff switch so the compressor will run while adding the freon?

Redrider94 is online now   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
183Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The center of Kansas
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider94 View Post
Did you bypass the low pressure cutoff switch so the compressor will run while adding the freon?
Shouldn't have to. He has a vacuum that should pull a fair amount of freon into the system. I've never had to bypass a pressure switch to get freon into an empty system.

For the OP:

How familiar are you with A/C charging. Are your gauges in functioning order?
__________________
1992 Jeep YJ 4.0/AW4/ATLAS
60's on 40s
183Beast is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
RUBISEAN

WF Supporting Member
 
mcseang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wesley chapel,fl
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by 183Beast View Post
Shouldn't have to. He has a vacuum that should pull a fair amount of freon into the system. I've never had to bypass a pressure switch to get freon into an empty system.

For the OP:

How familiar are you with A/C charging. Are your gauges in functioning order?
i am no expert, i am using a robinair recovery a/c machine and charged 4 other vehicles yesterday with no problems.
__________________
check out my build thread...BLUE BALLED BUILD
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/blue...ld-122927.html
mcseang is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
wasomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 925
A/C in a wrangler!!!
wasomma is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
RUBISEAN

WF Supporting Member
 
mcseang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wesley chapel,fl
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasomma View Post
A/C in a wrangler!!!
im close to the equator
__________________
check out my build thread...BLUE BALLED BUILD
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/blue...ld-122927.html
mcseang is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Surfinglbi23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Posts: 275
I never get why people have to explain why they want A/C lol. A/C is great, end of story. Even if you use it 5x per year. Still awesome and still worth it
__________________
1995 Wrangler 2.5
2006 Lexus RX330
2007 KTM 300xc
1999 Suzuki DR350
2000 Wrangler Sahara - bought new, now sold
Surfinglbi23 is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: north of St.Franisville La.
Posts: 2,423
Send a message via Yahoo to Nubby55
Check in the end of your charge hose and make sure it has the little bar that pushes in on the Schroeder valve, hope this helps.

Nubby55 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC