Hello fellow Jeep owners, I am proud to say that I am a new owner of a 1992 Jeep 4.0L YJ. I just picked it up yesterday and started to get it ready for what I have in mind. I want to post the stages of this project on here but also get a little help with certain things
. Hopefully I will be able to devote $2000 a month to this project.
The first stage I am going to start on is the interior. I already have ripped out all of the carpet and heavily cleaned the metal. I want to:
• Herculine the interior completely
• Add Corbeau microsuede A4 racing seats up front with a 4 point harness
• Add the Corbeau racing baja bench in the back with new seat belts.
• Replace the center console with a diamond plate locking center console. I'm not sure if these exist, but I want something rugged and heavy duty.
• Replace the shifter rubber boot for a black leather one with blue stitching. Similar to this picture.
Also does anyone know if a company makes an aluminum shifter boot bezel for these YJ Jeeps?
• Replace both shift knobs with round titanium ones just like in this picture.
I know this car in it isn't a Jeep, but I'm wondering if the threading will be the same. Or if there is a way to find out?
• The dash was just replaced by the previous owner. But! I want to use the auto meter gauge dash bezel/holder with the auto meter gauges.
• I also plan on taking the whole plastic dash and smoothing out all of the "texture", priming it, and then getting it painted the same color as the exterior, black. I think that would give the dash a nice custom feel. I also want to paint the plastic piece between the dash and the steering wheel black.
• Add aluminum racing pedals. Does anyone know of Jeep specific ones or can the universal Sparco ones fit?
• I plan on stripping out the stock stereo and replacing it with a new one with a sound bar and a sub. That's stage 2 of this project though.
• Replacing the steering wheel with a Sparco racing one.
Let me know if you can help me with finding a few of those items
I'm getting excited!