Lifting shackles? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
LeatherneckYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 28
Lifting shackles?

Question.

A. What are opinions on 2 inch lifting shackles?

B. Would I need to upgrade shocks? Or, do I have enough play left in them to travel.

C. My 31x10.50x15 do not rub; however, it sounds like they will when I start out on the trails.

Suggestions? Thanks.

LeatherneckYJ is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jokerchief462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Las Vegas
Posts: 9,889
Look into a 2.5 lift kit. Shackles a poor way to get clearance. It may be ill mannered on the road and trail.

__________________
89 2.5 TBI, 4" RC lift, 1" Booms, SYE, Adams Driveshafts front and rear, Ford 8.8 with 4:88s, BFG 33X12.50X15, and a ton of other stuff.

AF Jeep Club Tail Number 184
jokerchief462 is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
incizion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Manassas, Virginia
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherneckYJ View Post
Question.

A. What are opinions on 2 inch lifting shackles?

B. Would I need to upgrade shocks? Or, do I have enough play left in them to travel.

C. My 31x10.50x15 do not rub; however, it sounds like they will when I start out on the trails.

Suggestions? Thanks.
Go with a 1 inch and 1 in bl imo. I think staying away from anything over a 1 in either of those categories is unwise. Just my cents. Your shocks should be fine FYI
__________________
,[____],
---([ ]lllll[ ])--
( )_)=o=( )_)
My Build - Ol' Gloria (Slow)
incizion is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
LeatherneckYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
Look into a 2.5 lift kit. Shackles a poor way to get clearance. It may be ill mannered on the road and trail.
Are you talking about one of the rugged ridge deals? Leak packs and shocks? What is a good inexpensive brand to go for?

Thanks.
LeatherneckYJ is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
incizion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Manassas, Virginia
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherneckYJ View Post
Are you talking about one of the rugged ridge deals? Leak packs and shocks? What is a good inexpensive brand to go for?

Thanks.
Zone, Rough Country.

The RC lift is the same cost for a 2.5 or a 4......decisions decisions.
__________________
,[____],
---([ ]lllll[ ])--
( )_)=o=( )_)
My Build - Ol' Gloria (Slow)
incizion is offline   Quote
Reply

Tags
lift , shackles , shocks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC