Today I was given a 94 YJ from one of my in laws. I've been wanting a YJ for about 5 years now, but didn't think I would ever get around to buying one. So now that I have one, I need a little input.
About my YJ:
- The leaf springs are almost bent the wrong way, the front is flat.
- The engine has 200,000 miles on it
- No roof....well a ripped up soft top with no side windows or upper half doors.
- The engine looks to be leaking from every spot possible...and then some
- Seems to run well enough, considering how many miles are on it
- one of the wheels is missing and a much smaller wheel from a car or something is on it.
- Front, drivers side, fender is damaged and the front bumper is bent forward.
- Looks like the wheels have been rubbing the fender flares.
What I want to do:
- I'm looking to make this a weekend toy, nothing too aggressive
- I'm thinking a slight lift with some 31's maybe 32's
- Clean out the cab and spray in a liner
- Overhaul the engine and transmission.
What I'm looking for is a suggested checklist of things to do, perhaps a logical order of things to do. I'm thinking the suspension needs to be fixed first and if I'm going to be doing it, I may as well lift it a little. From there, wheels and tires.
Bottom line, if you just got a YJ in need of a lot of TLC, what order of business would you follow?
Thanks for all your help, and I'll post pictures soon.