Originally Posted by 95YamJam
My battery gets weak after a 4-5 days. It's old though... Sorry bout' your luck. Mines ready for the coming snow but most likely i'll be in my truck with the plow.
I probably need to clean mine again, I was surprised how much voltage can short across the top of the plastic even with minimul grime on there. If anyone wants to try something and you have a volt meter, touch one side to your positive post of the battery and touch the other side to the (nonconductive) plastic on top of the battery. If you see any voltage at all, your battery is shorted across the thin layer of grime. You can poke around on different places and see the voltage change! Its crazy... I had a friend whos kept dying, it looked horrible. I showed him 11 volts going across post to plastic because of the grime! A little bit of baking soda and water goes a long way! It dilutes the acid, you can watch it foam up when you sprinkle it on. Scrub gently then rinse it all away and check for shorts on the plastic again once dry. The volt meter should not show anything
when it is only touching the plastic.
By the way, I love your sig "A lack of planning on your part does not constitue an instant emergency on my part" my wife has that sign in her computer store!