so, over the weekend i replaced the clutch (man that was fun) and when putting the exhaust back on, i didn't relocate the flex hose far enough away from the fuel tank......and well, the title explains what happened next.
so, i would like to patch this instead of buying new and here is my thought process. please let me know your thoughts on this:
1. gently sand affected ares.
2. steel tape over the holes.
3. jb weld over the steel tape to ensure closure.
4. fiberglass over the jb weld as an extra step of caution. ( may not be really necessary).
5. remove flex hose and install standard downturn pipe to deflect exhaust down instead of out.
Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life For Me......
1992 Islander - I6 - 3" Body Lift; 2.5" RC Suspension Lift; Mystery Shackle Lift; 35x12.50x15 on 15x8's.