I have a 95 YJ that shuts off when you pull out the dome fuse. Before anyone lists the obvious here is some background.
1. When I bought JesseyJ there was an aftermarket alarm installed
2. Replaced the battery with a Optima blue top and new terminals
Jeep started to drag when starting.
3. Replaced the starter
Jeep kept dying and would take over an hour to jumpstart
4. Removed aftermarket alarm
Jeep still dying after 1-2 days of not starting, over hour to jump
5. Replaced the alternator
Jeep making a continual clicking when trying to start, will not turn over
6. Went to Wal-mart and the sweet old guy there checked the battery, starter, and alternator. All tested good. He suggested that I check all the fuses and remove them one at a time to see if maybe my stereo or something else was causing the battery drain.
7. Pulled stereo fuse
8. Got Jeep running and noticed that the dome light slot had a 10 amp fuse instead of a 20 amp. Pulled the fuse and hadn't shut it off, Jeep died immediately. Put a 20 amp in and started her back up, pulled the fuse, she dies immediately.
9. Walked away, drank a beer, shook my head in frustration, and just said, "I quit!"
10. Walked out the next morning and for two months after without a single problem starting.
11. Went on an all day excursion to Uwharrie National Forest riding trails. Came home and went to bed. Next morning.....DEAD JEEP!
Please tell me that my Jeep isn't bipolar and that there is something else that I am overlooking?