Sick and tired of this turd! Help!!! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
jeep-noobie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: miami
Posts: 28
Sick and tired of this turd! Help!!!

i went to the trails once splashing through puddles. i came back home with a huge miss fire. i changed every sensor that came up and other good i might have thought were the problem.


TPS / AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR / MAP SENSOR/ O2 SENSOR/ DISTRIBUTOR/ PLUGS / CAP & ROTOR.


the miss fire still stuck around, i then realized my distributor ear had broken, and the distributor was jumping around, i said HEY thats my problem, when i looked inside the distributor hole i noticed the gear was heavily worn out so the point that when i put a new dizzy in it ate up the gears on that.

i took the radiator / fan / pulley/ starter / oil pan / timing cover / lifters / rocker arms out pulled the cam out put a new one back in torqued everything down put everything back together. everything went smoothly.

i put a BRAND NEW dizzy did an oil change filter ect, i go for a spin around the block, and its DOING THE SAME SHHHHHTTT i was doing before.

the car cuts out after 2.5k rpms, no power, NOTHING and if i give it more gas itll just cut out all the way untill i let off the throttle. and easy on it.

im on my last strand of hair with this #jeepPROBLEMS crap. inches away from putting a FOR SALE AS IS sign on it and letting it go. this thing only has 136k miles on it. nothing ticks or knocks, starts right up. its a beaut ! but this is driving me INSANE

jeep-noobie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
bc3_Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NE corner of Iowa
Posts: 1,654
Did not see FUEL FILTER in there anywhere........ nor fuel pump........ nor CAT.... all of those can cause similar issues.....

__________________
"For Gawd's sake, put a RELAY in there or you could burn the whole damn Jeep to the ground" ...this quote brought to you by people who do not understand the law.....Kirchoff's, Ohm's, or Faraday's.
Violation of KISS shall always ring false in TRUE engineering. - ME___
Had 75CJ5, 89YJ, 93YJ. Have 82CJ7 & 95YJ____Not one burnt yet due to lack of relays.
bc3_Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 212
JEEP: Just Empty Every Pocket!!!! What engine, year? Is it throwing any codes?
__________________
1991 YJ 4.0L, K&N air filter, SS headers, 31X10.5, Congo Cage, etc...
CMike357 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 65
You may have and had multiple problems. The worn drive gear is one. the other problem is the dying problem. When you diagnose a vehicle, you have to remember that when you see a code, that does not necessarily mean that component is bad. Remember most codes are a reaction to an action. When you get a o2 code, it is not necesarily saying that it is bad, it is saying that it is not seeing what it needs to see. With this many codes, you need to find a common denominator. Possibly either a ground or an input.Or it may be that either the ecu went bad, got shook loose or there is water in it. But before you get any deeper, start with the simple things first. Check for anything obvious, all fuses and grounds. Make sure the connector for the wiring to the ecu is tight , for broken wires, water in the wiring looms and things like that. I know on a 93,the map,air, coolant and tps,crank, speed and sync sensor use the same black/light blue wire and ground into the ecu at i believe pin #4. Keep in mind that that wire i believe is connected at your dist. and if that was jumping around, there may be an issue there. I am not saying this wire i or isn't your problem, i am saying to look for what is being affected. Did you check your fuel pressure or do you have a huge clump of crap stuffed into your exhaust? These are simple things that will help with your diag. You need to backup, take a breath think this through. Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.
followgod2 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
kmrtnsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 542
You went hooning through some puddles, broke something, and it's the Jeep's fault?
kmrtnsn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
jeep-noobie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: miami
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3_Jeep View Post
Did not see FUEL FILTER in there anywhere........ nor fuel pump........ nor CAT.... all of those can cause similar issues.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMike357 View Post
JEEP: Just Empty Every Pocket!!!! What engine, year? Is it throwing any codes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by followgod2 View Post
You may have and had multiple problems. The worn drive gear is one. the other problem is the dying problem. When you diagnose a vehicle, you have to remember that when you see a code, that does not necessarily mean that component is bad. Remember most codes are a reaction to an action. When you get a o2 code, it is not necesarily saying that it is bad, it is saying that it is not seeing what it needs to see. With this many codes, you need to find a common denominator. Possibly either a ground or an input.Or it may be that either the ecu went bad, got shook loose or there is water in it. But before you get any deeper, start with the simple things first. Check for anything obvious, all fuses and grounds. Make sure the connector for the wiring to the ecu is tight , for broken wires, water in the wiring looms and things like that. I know on a 93,the map,air, coolant and tps,crank, speed and sync sensor use the same black/light blue wire and ground into the ecu at i believe pin #4. Keep in mind that that wire i believe is connected at your dist. and if that was jumping around, there may be an issue there. I am not saying this wire i or isn't your problem, i am saying to look for what is being affected. Did you check your fuel pressure or do you have a huge clump of crap stuffed into your exhaust? These are simple things that will help with your diag. You need to backup, take a breath think this through. Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.





its a 93 2.5. yes new filter was put in. and no im not running any CODES, i check and it come back clean as a whistle. im going to check my fuel pressure tomorrow. it seems like ALOT of people have had this problem and have explained it in different ways, yet every thread i read has no definite answer as to what it was and how to fix it. im gonna go ahead and take it to my buddys 4x4 shop down here in miami. and ill give you guys an update .
jeep-noobie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Yeahbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,424
I found my fuel injector was loose and was sucking air causing my stumble at 2500rpm. Took them out cleaned up the manifold good where they sit. I found one seal was in bad shape and switched it out with a spare 19lb injector i had, made sure they were seated tightly. Made my problems go away
Yeahbuddy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 65
Glad to hear it. Sometimes it is the simple stuff that gives the most problems.
followgod2 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
dwsutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 93
Images: 9
Ok I'm wondering if Jeep Noobie ever figured out what was wrong .....
dwsutton is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Yeahbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,424
Me too
Yeahbuddy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
jeep-noobie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: miami
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsutton View Post
Ok I'm wondering if Jeep Noobie ever figured out what was wrong .....
Haven't figured it out yet. I'm gonna check my injectors and fuel pressure. Last resort will be taking it too a shop and having them diagnose the car.

jeep-noobie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



« 700r4? | roll cage »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC