Well, before I thought of making this a build thread, I pulled the heads and pistons. I got this engine as a long block from a wrecking yard for 50 bucks. It had a cracked head, but that didn't bother me because I had a new set I could use.
My list of things to do are:
1: strip the engine down and send it off to the machine shop to have it cleaned and new cam bearings and freeze plugs put in. With the possibility of taking .030 off the top of the block to bump up my compression.
2: clean up the ports on my new heads.
3: find a wiring harness out of a truck with the same engine so I can run the multi-port F.I. system.
4: source an np435 and transfer case from a Ford.
5: get to the nearest pull a part for my 8.8
6: find a way to fab up engine mounts for this swap.
7: assemble the engine ASAP.
8: ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF IT