That will be the last time i do that shit again!
That rear main seal was a pain in my ass. The 20 year old seal pretty much seized its self in the groove. I had to loosen up two main bearing caps (FYI 80 pounds torque spec) then i had to use a long ass punch and hammer to loosen the damn thing up. After a few hours it finally came out.
Next up was that oil pan gasket... SMH a 20 year old gasket is NOT easy to get off. After a box of razor blades and a bottle of carb cleaner i got er done. I added a shit ton of red RTV silicone to the front and rear of the oil pan to make sure she didn't leak again.
i sealed her up and put all 90,000 damn bolts back on. let her sit for a few hours. Put six qts in and started her up. purrrrrss like a kitten! no leaks!!!!
Next i tackled the valve cover gasket. not as nearly as bad as the oil pan/rear main gasket.
the only hard part about this job was that rear damn bolt! that SOB was a pain. Not only that, trying not to get red RTV silicone everywhere was a challenge in its self.
All in all it was a challenge but i got er done! next up is changing out front and rear axles. I found a D30 and a D35 with 4.10's ($50). swap em out and on the road i go.