2012 Moab Jeep Safari...Who's Going?? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Trail Talk and Land Use Forums > On The Trail

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
2012 Moab Jeep Safari...Who's Going??

I can't believe the 2012 Moab Jeep Safari is 88 days away!

I know we will be down there for some of it.

Who else is planning on making the trip??

How far will you have to travel??

What kind of trails do you want to do??

We want to do Hell's Revenge for sure. We'll be driving a whopping 100 miles to get there.

See you there!!

07XMan2Door is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Wish I could! I'm coming back out end of may! Oh and 1500 miles,

__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95 View Post
Wish I could! I'm coming back out end of may! Oh and 1500 miles,
You'll be missed for sure. 1500 is a pretty good poke.
07XMan2Door is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,916
ill be there with jack at the end of may. i only have like 600 miles i think
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door

You'll be missed for sure. 1500 is a pretty good poke.
Last year I drove it, this year I'm trailering it.
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
surfndav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 23
I just got my first jeep 2 weeks ago, 2012 Rubicon. I have reservations at the Moba Valley RV resort for 4 nights the first weekend. I have to be back to AZ on Wednesday the 4th. I'm planing to do trail rides on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I will have a 3" lift on my jeep very soon, but I will still be running the stock tires. Yet I'm very much a newbe so I'm looking at rides rated a 3 and 4. Any advice or trail suggestion are welcome.
Thanks, David
surfndav is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95 View Post
Last year I drove it, this year I'm trailering it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by topher38 View Post
ill be there with jack at the end of may. i only have like 600 miles i think
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfndav View Post
I just got my first jeep 2 weeks ago, 2012 Rubicon. I have reservations at the Moba Valley RV resort for 4 nights the first weekend. I have to be back to AZ on Wednesday the 4th. I'm planing to do trail rides on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I will have a 3" lift on my jeep very soon, but I will still be running the stock tires. Yet I'm very much a newbe so I'm looking at rides rated a 3 and 4. Any advice or trail suggestion are welcome.
Thanks, David
Congrats on the new purchase! A stock Rubi with a lift will do the majority of the trails with ease. I'd reccomend getting the book by Charel A Wells, The title, "Guide to Moab, Ut Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails". (Spiral bound version) He gives easy to follow instruction, directions, gps waypoints & rates the difficulty of each trail. There will be many neat, friendly folks there with whom you can hook up with for a safe, enjoyable outing in your new Jeep.
Cool!!!
07XMan2Door is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Ezalycasaid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 183
This guy. 120 miles. Im thinking of doing fins and things the first day (just like that trail for some reason), poison spider or hells revenge one day, steel bender or golden spike the next day. I.ll be out in the desert near the entrance to BFE. Not sure what days yet though. As long as I stay out of Billings till then my rig should hold up so I can go. What day were u thinking of doing hells?
__________________
Project Shiella the never ending story.
Overkill is an underated achievement.
Ezalycasaid1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,792
I'll be out to Moab this fall, Bruce. You better make it over to meet me this time!
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #10
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger
I'll be out to Moab this fall, Bruce. You better make it over to meet me this time!
You should go in may when chris and I do
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95

You should go in may when chris and I do
The more the merrier!
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
Newb
 
Zatarra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az... Currently in Afghanistan
Posts: 11
Gaaa!!! I fly home from Afghanistan on the 24th... Sad Face.
Zatarra64 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatarra64
Gaaa!!! I fly home from Afghanistan on the 24th... Sad Face.
Of what month?
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaufman_95 View Post
You should go in may when chris and I do
Chris? And no, too much snow in Colorado in May.
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
topher38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colorado springs CO
Posts: 4,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger

Chris? And no, too much snow in Colorado in May.
I'm Chris... Nice to meet you....
And snow in Colorado during may. At the end near june it will just be on the ground at the end of may its about 65 to 70.
topher38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger

Chris? And no, too much snow in Colorado in May.
^ that's chris I'm leaving illinois the 24th
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalycasaid1 View Post
This guy. 120 miles. Im thinking of doing fins and things the first day (just like that trail for some reason), poison spider or hells revenge one day, steel bender or golden spike the next day. I.ll be out in the desert near the entrance to BFE. Not sure what days yet though. As long as I stay out of Billings till then my rig should hold up so I can go. What day were u thinking of doing hells?
Not sure. Kinda like to see what guys are interested in& plan accordingly. I'll do Fins with you for sure. BTW, nice snow wheeling you did in Billings last week. Pretty amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
I'll be out to Moab this fall, Bruce. You better make it over to meet me this time!
All depends on the work schedule. Deffinately want to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatarra64 View Post
Gaaa!!! I fly home from Afghanistan on the 24th... Sad Face.
At least you're coming home!! Thanks so much for your sacrifices & service.
07XMan2Door is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
surfndav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 23
This will be my first trip so I have a couple of questions. I have an RV space reserved at Moab Valley RV Resort, I understand it's a mile or two from the center of town. I will only be able to be there for the first 4 days of the event, I have to leave Wednesday, wish I could stay longer but work and all ya know.

I have sent in my request for the Safari Paper, faxed. I understand that once it is sent out you can sign up for the trails you want. After it's sent do they put the information on line? If so can you sign up on line?

I'm hopeful that since I'm going to be there on the first weekend that it will be easier to get the runs I want, is the first weekend less busy than the end of the week?

I guess I'm asking general questions about the process of the event. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Thanks, David
surfndav is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
If that's the park I'm thinking of, it's not That far out of town
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,824
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
David, you may want to call the red rock 4 wheelers I don't have their # but this is their site ,the # will be there somewhere
Easter Jeep Safari Exposition | Red Rock 4-Wheeler, Inc.
The park is North of Moab near the CO River bridge, I am guessing- 2 mile from the center of town
jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
surfndav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
David, you may want to call the red rock 4 wheelers I don't have their # but this is their site ,the # will be there somewhere
Easter Jeep Safari Exposition | Red Rock 4-Wheeler, Inc.
The park is North of Moab near the CO River bridge, I am guessing- 2 mile from the center of town
I just looked at their website and it shows that online registration will be available on the 20th. I just checked my mail and no paper yet, I'm sure it will be here soon.
surfndav is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
High Plains Beast

WF Supporting Member
 
Buffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfndav View Post
I just looked at their website and it shows that online registration will be available on the 20th. I just checked my mail and no paper yet, I'm sure it will be here soon.
We're staying at Moab Valley RV also, spot #60 from 4/1 to 4/9 and this is our first trip to Moab. I emailed Ron Brewer with RR4W this morning and asked him about registration for the event & the trails. I'll post his reply as soon as I get it.

Looking forward to it!
Steve
Buffalo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
leppich_italy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 96
Images: 1
im still trying to get time off from work... hope to make it this year. 550 miles
leppich_italy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
surfndav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
We're staying at Moab Valley RV also, spot #60 from 4/1 to 4/9 and this is our first trip to Moab. I emailed Ron Brewer with RR4W this morning and asked him about registration for the event & the trails. I'll post his reply as soon as I get it.

Looking forward to it!
Steve
Hey Steve, I don't know my spot# but it should be big enough for my 40' motorhome. I wish I was staying for the whole week. I'll make sure to find you and say hello. We are coming form Arizona, Mesa. I'm looking forward to your next post....
surfndav is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #25
High Plains Beast

WF Supporting Member
 
Buffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfndav View Post
Hey Steve, I don't know my spot# but it should be big enough for my 40' motorhome. I wish I was staying for the whole week. I'll make sure to find you and say hello. We are coming form Arizona, Mesa. I'm looking forward to your next post....
We've got a 40'ft coach as well and we're heading over from Carlsbad, CA. It will be here before we know it so gear up!

Cheers
Buffalo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
mo1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broomfield Co
Posts: 1,240
Would it be worth it for a fully stock 2011 jk to make the trip?
mo1416 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
surfndav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1416 View Post
Would it be worth it for a fully stock 2011 jk to make the trip?
From what I've read, you would be fine on all trails marked 4 or lower. And there seems to be quite a few of them.
surfndav is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
surfndav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 23
I got my paper, I'm thinking of doing 3 trails Saturday through Monday. Saturday, Fins and things. Sunday, Backwards Bill or Poison Spider (which would be better?). Monday, Seven mile rim. Any feed back on these trails would be nice.

I have a 2012 JKU Rubicon with 3 inch lift, this is my first trip to Moab and I'm trying to not break stuff, but I like a bit of a challenge.
surfndav is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #29
that guy

5-Year WF Supporting Member
WF Supporting Member
 
doclouie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Was in the mountains, now in Texas
Posts: 3,693
Images: 4
I received my paper today and will be getting into Moab Thursday morning the 5th and staying until Saturday evening the 7th. My two boys are excited to go with me and have fun. I think I am going to run Kane Creek on Friday and some small hiking with the boys. Moab is going to be fun. I would like to meet whomever from the forum as long as it is kid appropriate as my kids are all under 10.
__________________
2000 Sahara, 3.5" Rubicon Express Lift, 1" spring spacer & 1" Body Lift, 33" or 35" BFG Mud tires, Front & Rear ARB, Rancho 9000 shocks, UCF Ultra High Belly Up

doclouie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #30
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,824
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfndav View Post
I got my paper, I'm thinking of doing 3 trails Saturday through Monday. Saturday, Fins and things. Sunday, Backwards Bill or Poison Spider (which would be better?). Monday, Seven mile rim. Any feed back on these trails would be nice.

I have a 2012 JKU Rubicon with 3 inch lift, this is my first trip to Moab and I'm trying to not break stuff, but I like a bit of a challenge.
You'll do just fine on those trails, Fin's is a fun trail, 7 mile is a great trail & poison is one of my favorites

jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rugged Ridge XHD Front Modular Bumper Systems 07-11 Jeep JK Wranglers, Free Shipping Baseline 4x4 Outfitters Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 27 03-08-2013 02:03 PM
NC: Bestop Safari Top Jeep Wrangler 97-02 Big_B Classifieds Archive 3 12-19-2011 03:52 PM
Newbie to forum needs help diagnosing steering issue RockyWrangler98 TJ General Discussion Forum 10 06-05-2011 09:03 PM
TeraFlex Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2011 Video TeraFlex Trail Pics 0 04-29-2011 05:02 PM
Biggest Jeep Freek Contest!!!! txoutdoorx4 Classifieds Archive 6 02-21-2011 11:48 AM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC