Rock run - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Trail Talk and Land Use Forums > On The Trail

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,665
Rock run

Whose been there? It's I Patton pa. I want to make a trip up whenever they open.

__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Newb
 
Mwilcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
Whose been there? It's I Patton pa. I want to make a trip up whenever they open.
It's a pretty interesting place. Our club has been out there a few times and had some fun on the rocks, but they need more. In their defense, I didn't make it back this past summer, and they were cutting trials so things may be different now.
They have a lot of ground to work with so I think it will be one of the better parks in the area in the near future.
Get out there and check it out, you'll enjoy it.

-Mike

__________________
http://erieshoresjeeps.com/cgi/forum/index.php

'05 Rubicon Unlimited, 44 4.88's, locked, high steer, Tera CRD 60 rear 4.88/ARB, OBA, 6" Teraflex LCG pro max lift, poison spider rocker knockers, Gen right rear full corner armor, 37's on Raceline bead locks, ......etc.
Mwilcox is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,665
I'm gona try to make it out. Its maybe a little over an hour from me. I met a guy a week or two ago who talked to me about it. Apparently he and the guys he goes with enjoy it alot. He has a pretty big stretched TJ, alot bigger than what I have. I am guessing from what he said that It probably has expanded some since you were there, but thats just a guess. If you don't mind me asking, where are you/your club from? I am a "member" of a club but because of distance and work, I haven't been able to make it to anything because everything is at least an hour and a half away.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Jeepin_Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oxford PA
Posts: 311
Went last October for the first time, didn't get to see much of the park, I was one of the few Jeeps that didn't have problems that day. From what I saw there is enough to have fun for a day, I think I am going to head back over sometime in late spring/early summer, possibly Memorial Dat Weekend.
Jeepin_Dad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Newb
 
Mwilcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
I'm gona try to make it out. Its maybe a little over an hour from me. I met a guy a week or two ago who talked to me about it. Apparently he and the guys he goes with enjoy it alot. He has a pretty big stretched TJ, alot bigger than what I have. I am guessing from what he said that It probably has expanded some since you were there, but thats just a guess. If you don't mind me asking, where are you/your club from? I am a "member" of a club but because of distance and work, I haven't been able to make it to anything because everything is at least an hour and a half away.
Sounds like they are still working at making the park bigger then, good to hear.
Our club is Erie Shores Jeeps and 4x4's out of NE Ohio. We have members from NW PA to the west side of Cleveland and meet in Independence Ohio once a month. If you aren't far away and want to run with us you are more than welcome to jump in. We run PA, WV, KY and TN quite a bit along with the usual trip to Wellsville now and then.
-Mike
Erie Shores Jeeps & 4x4s Forum - Index
__________________
http://erieshoresjeeps.com/cgi/forum/index.php

'05 Rubicon Unlimited, 44 4.88's, locked, high steer, Tera CRD 60 rear 4.88/ARB, OBA, 6" Teraflex LCG pro max lift, poison spider rocker knockers, Gen right rear full corner armor, 37's on Raceline bead locks, ......etc.
Mwilcox is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin_Dad
Went last October for the first time, didn't get to see much of the park, I was one of the few Jeeps that didn't have problems that day. From what I saw there is enough to have fun for a day, I think I am going to head back over sometime in late spring/early summer, possibly Memorial Dat Weekend.
Sounds sweet. I def want to make a trip up.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwilcox

Sounds like they are still working at making the park bigger then, good to hear.
Our club is Erie Shores Jeeps and 4x4's out of NE Ohio. We have members from NW PA to the west side of Cleveland and meet in Independence Ohio once a month. If you aren't far away and want to run with us you are more than welcome to jump in. We run PA, WV, KY and TN quite a bit along with the usual trip to Wellsville now and then.
-Mike
Erie Shores Jeeps & 4x4s Forum - Index
Still a bit far from me as I'm about an hour and a Half south of Rock run and 2 hours east of Pittsburgh. Haha. Looks nice. There is a nice club down in pa. And one called big rubbers somewhat close to me. I'll be going to college next year and will. Be alot closer to rock run actually. About 20 mins So I may end up getting involved up there with something. Good to hear its pretty decent though.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
Newb
 
Mwilcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
Still a bit far from me as I'm about an hour and a Half south of Rock run and 2 hours east of Pittsburgh. Haha. Looks nice. There is a nice club down in pa. And one called big rubbers somewhat close to me. I'll be going to college next year and will. Be alot closer to rock run actually. About 20 mins So I may end up getting involved up there with something. Good to hear its pretty decent though.
Yep, that's a hike for sure. I'll post up here when we head out that way this summer. You're welcome to join us then if it works out. Happy wheeling!

-Mike
__________________
http://erieshoresjeeps.com/cgi/forum/index.php

'05 Rubicon Unlimited, 44 4.88's, locked, high steer, Tera CRD 60 rear 4.88/ARB, OBA, 6" Teraflex LCG pro max lift, poison spider rocker knockers, Gen right rear full corner armor, 37's on Raceline bead locks, ......etc.
Mwilcox is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwilcox View Post
Yep, that's a hike for sure. I'll post up here when we head out that way this summer. You're welcome to join us then if it works out. Happy wheeling!

-Mike

Thanks, sounds good to me. I'll def try to make it if I can.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Jeepin_Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oxford PA
Posts: 311
Booked campsite at Prince Gallitzin for Memorial Day Weekend. Heading out with a group from Lancaster County Jeeps and Friends, we'll be hitting Rock Run again 5/27.
__________________
Topless For TATAs
August 10 & 11, 2013 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
For More Info Click Here:
5th Annual Topless for TATAs at Rausch Creek
Jeepin_Dad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Jeepin_Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oxford PA
Posts: 311
if anyone is interested in joining us there are a couple of us doing green & blue trails at Rock Run the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend (5/27)
__________________
Topless For TATAs
August 10 & 11, 2013 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
For More Info Click Here:
5th Annual Topless for TATAs at Rausch Creek
Jeepin_Dad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #12
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,665
I might come up if I get off work if you don't mind. I'm not sure how that weekend looks.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Jeepin_Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oxford PA
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
I might come up if I get off work if you don't mind. I'm not sure how that weekend looks.
Right now it looks like it is just two of us going, so you are welcome to join us. We plan on meeting at Rock Run about 9:00-9:30.
__________________
Topless For TATAs
August 10 & 11, 2013 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
For More Info Click Here:
5th Annual Topless for TATAs at Rausch Creek
Jeepin_Dad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
Rock-Rubber

WF Supporting Member
 
GoldenSahara00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SCPA
Posts: 16,665
Okay cool. Next Sunday right? I need to check my work schedule when I get home to see what's going on. I'm on a trip now.
__________________
Ryan - A good eye, a light foot, and a smart rig.
Bolt-ons are boring
AMERICAN JEEPER
My Build - http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/pr...a00-74622.html
Rausch Creek Trip: 2014 Trip Coming Soon
GoldenSahara00 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Jeepin_Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oxford PA
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 View Post
Okay cool. Next Sunday right? I need to check my work schedule when I get home to see what's going on. I'm on a trip now.
We will be there next weekend, the 27th. If you can come PM me and we can swap contact info.

__________________
Topless For TATAs
August 10 & 11, 2013 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
For More Info Click Here:
5th Annual Topless for TATAs at Rausch Creek
Jeepin_Dad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rebel Offroad: Black Ops 2DR Built Rock Hard REBEL OFF ROAD JK General Discussion Forum 11 07-05-2011 09:29 PM
Rebel Offroad: Rock Krawler 3.5 Max w/ Rock Hard skids on Jeep JK 2-door REBEL OFF ROAD JK General Discussion Forum 2 06-28-2011 10:02 AM
Write-up for 2-door Olympic A/T rock rails :) thaduke2003 JK General Discussion Forum 1 03-27-2010 05:21 PM
Rock Run OHV section open to the public spyder873 NorthEast Regional Forum 0 12-28-2009 07:42 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC