It is planned to close on the 15th, but the ranger has discretion regarding the final date. She usually tries to include the weekend of the week the 15th falls on. With 15th being on a Sunday that is likely to be the last day.
I am trying to go to the Gulches this Saturday. If it rains, we will be postponing it to the following week (12/14). If my Gulches trip isn't delayed, there is a good chance I would go to Uwharrie on the 14th.