I made an appointment to have my dealer install a 2" Mopar lift on my 2013 JKU Sahara next week. I was (and still am) deciding between the 2" Mopar and a 2.5" AEV. The dealer gave me a fair (for a dealership) price and agreed to install off-road lights free of charge (of course I have to purchase the lights for full price). I was originally going to do a 2.5" AEV lift kit with a geometry correction kit, but have been swayed towards going with Mopar to avoid potential warranty issues if I encounter problems down the road. The AEV lift costs less, comes with better (Bilstein) shocks and gives .5" more lift. Am I being too concerned with the warranty issues? Will I regret the 1/2 inch difference or Mopar shocks over Bilsteins? My plan is to run the stock wheels and tires for a bit, and then upgrade to 33's or 35's (will save that decision for another day). This is my daily driver and I have 3 young kids, who can barely get into the Jeep as is, so I don't want to go too high and want to keep the best ride possible. I only do occasional, light to moderate off-roading and beach driving. I can still cancel and go with the AEV lift. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
I was in the same boat when I bought mine. Ended up going with the aev 2.5 lift with geo brackets. Installed it with the help of some friends. Could not be happier! I put 315/70r17 duratracs on aev wheels (they're about 34"). They fit great. I had to do a tiny bit of cutting on the front air dam because of rubbing when the the wheels were turned all the way to the right or left.
I would honestly go with the aev, especially if you want bigger tires. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
I just purchased my 2013 Unlimited Sport - dealer installed 2" Mopar lift with Bilstein 5100 shocks - I'm pretty sure I have the 3.21 rear...wasn't too excited about that, would probably feel better with at least 3.73...but it drives great. I have 35" Duratracs on AEV's. AEV Procal module...I'm showing 22.2 mpg on highway...hope that's right (because it's much better than I expected).
i have 3.21 on my 2012 and 285/70/17's and i'm getting 19-20. change your aev settings to 34' inch tires. 315/70/17 duratracs are 34' when measured. don't go by manufacturer specs...you need to measure it to get the exact #'s.
__________________ Eat, Sleep, Jeep
2012 JKU Flame Red - Gone
2014 Cherokee Trailhawk - Gone
2014 JKU Billet Willys - Active
After the problems I had with my last vehicle (a supposedly certified 2011 BMW 335 convertible), which ended up being repurchased by the dealer who was unable to fix the problems with the convertible hard-top, I decided to err on the conservative side and stick with the 2" Mopar lift. I figure that for my uses, 2" is enough and I really didn't want to take any chances voiding my warranty. I scheduled the work on July 15 and the lift (along with fog lights) was supposed to be installed on July 23 (dealer said that the parts took a day or two to get but I made the appointment the following week to accommodate my schedule). The day before the scheduled work, the service adviser called to tell me that the parts had not yet arrived. He said the parts are sent directly from the manufacturer and not from a warehouse and the parts department said the same. Its been almost a month since I gave the go-ahead (and a credit card deposit) and the parts are still not in. At this point, I am ready to go with the AEV lift, as I have read a lot on this forum since then and believe that a 2.5" is better than a 2" for 35's (even though I plan to run 33's -- but who knows) and that the Bilstein shocks that come with the AEV lift are much better than the ones that come with the Morpa kit. The AEV kit installed is also a bit less money.
Does anyone here have experience with delays in getting parts like this or insight on how dealers get their parts? I think that 4 weeks for common parts like a lift kit is a bit much, especially since I can order the exact same Mopar lift online for next day delivery, and am beginning to wonder if the dealer wants this work -- they did give me a better than expected price. If the service advisor is being sincere, and I get the lift somewhere else, I risk souring a relationship with the service department and certainly cannot expect any "favors" if I have warranty issues that can in any way be related to, or remotely blamed on the lift. Do I tell the dealership (stealership) to forget it and go elsewhere or should I be pacient and see whan happens in the next week or so?