01-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Reston, VA
Thanks for the pics, Crawling!
I went with Kumho KL78 in 215/85/16s, and I like them:
- Gas mileage stayed the same as 30x9.5
- No rubbing issues
- Tires stuff inside the flares
- They've wheeled in Moab well
- Load E does not seem to change the ride
- Snow performance is exceptional (may be more the tread and less the size of the tire)
They are about 0.25 to 0.5 inches shorter than the same KL78 tire in 31x9.5.
I realize pizza cutters aren't in style, and probably no good in mud, but if you like the look and think they may have benefits, I'd encourage anyone to try them out.
That all being said, I'm already thinking about going to 235/85/16...
Always Remember: Safety Third!