33 duratrac - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
GingerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,526
33 duratrac

Last min went with these today..


I'm blown away. Look like an MT, Preform like an MT, Sound like a street tire, and were cheep!

Seriously go with these.. 900$ for 5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2749751509.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	265122  

__________________
4" BDS springs, zone nitro shocks, rubicon express track bar, Currie tie rod, 1" Rokmen bl, 1" JKS mml, AA Sye/cv conversion, Black Magic Brakes, JKS upper adjustable arms, 4.88 regear, 27 spline chromeolly shafts, 35x12.5x15 GG's on ion's 174, rhino lined tub, boat cannon stereo, rock hard harness bar, Led Windshield Light bar
GingerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Full Size Jeep Dr.

WF Supporting Member
 
lindel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The land of Salted Iron
Posts: 2,025
Yup, I like mine!

__________________
His: 1999 Flame Red TJ, With a few mods...

Hers: 1987 Grand Wagoneer, stock w/Falken Wildpeak ATs
lindel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
NCJeepin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Connelly Springs, North Carolina
Posts: 3,780
Looks almost like mine! Looks good!
__________________
When in doubt, power out!
NCJeepin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
GingerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCJeepin View Post
Looks almost like mine! Looks good!
Sisters
__________________
4" BDS springs, zone nitro shocks, rubicon express track bar, Currie tie rod, 1" Rokmen bl, 1" JKS mml, AA Sye/cv conversion, Black Magic Brakes, JKS upper adjustable arms, 4.88 regear, 27 spline chromeolly shafts, 35x12.5x15 GG's on ion's 174, rhino lined tub, boat cannon stereo, rock hard harness bar, Led Windshield Light bar
GingerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Big Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lafayette Hill, PA
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerTJ View Post
Last min went with these today..

I'm blown away. Look like an MT, Preform like an MT, Sound like a street tire, and were cheep!

Seriously go with these.. 900$ for 5
Those tires do not perform like a MT. They are a street tire designed for light/ moderate offroading.
Big Cole is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Theairhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 176
Where'd you get 5 for 900?
Theairhead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
GingerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,526
Cook Preformance fairbury Illinois. Tell him red jeep guy sent you
__________________
4" BDS springs, zone nitro shocks, rubicon express track bar, Currie tie rod, 1" Rokmen bl, 1" JKS mml, AA Sye/cv conversion, Black Magic Brakes, JKS upper adjustable arms, 4.88 regear, 27 spline chromeolly shafts, 35x12.5x15 GG's on ion's 174, rhino lined tub, boat cannon stereo, rock hard harness bar, Led Windshield Light bar
GingerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerTJ View Post
Cook Preformance fairbury Illinois. Tell him red jeep guy sent you

Hey I live 30 minutes south of Champaign! Might have to make the trip up because the TJ I'm looking at buying this Friday is in some need for a few new tires.
wyant93 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
GingerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyant93 View Post

Hey I live 30 minutes south of Champaign! Might have to make the trip up because the TJ I'm looking at buying this Friday is in some need for a few new tires.
Sweet! We will have to meet up sometime man! And yes!! Call him, ask for Bryan, and tell him red jeep guy sent you, you'll get a discount
__________________
4" BDS springs, zone nitro shocks, rubicon express track bar, Currie tie rod, 1" Rokmen bl, 1" JKS mml, AA Sye/cv conversion, Black Magic Brakes, JKS upper adjustable arms, 4.88 regear, 27 spline chromeolly shafts, 35x12.5x15 GG's on ion's 174, rhino lined tub, boat cannon stereo, rock hard harness bar, Led Windshield Light bar
GingerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
WXman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cole View Post
Those tires do not perform like a MT. They are a street tire designed for light/ moderate offroading.
I disagree. I've used full on MTs and Duratracs and the Duras were just as good in the mud. There is nothing street about them. They have sidewall tread, large open outer lugs that get noisy after the first rotation, and tons of siping for snow and ice.
__________________
~Lots of modded Jeeps and a Toyota 4Runner~
WXman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Nashorn101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
What width did you get on these? 12.5"? Also, what width wheel did you go with?

I'm wanting 33" Duratracs as well but am trying to decide what wheel width to go with (I'm thinking 8" or 10") and I don't know what backspacing to get on the wheels to fit correctly with a 2" suspension lift and 1" body lift.

Any help? Thanks! :smiley:
__________________
Shale Green Metallic, 2002 Jeep TJ X, 4.0L I6, 5-speed
.________
/l_|,
[____],
l--|--L--OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o--)_)
Nashorn101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
GreenRubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerTJ View Post
Cook Preformance fairbury Illinois. Tell him red jeep guy sent you
That is an incredible price. Was that the installed out the door price? I wish Fairbury, IL was a little closer to NC.
__________________
2008 Natural Green JK Rubicon
GreenRubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
GingerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRubi View Post

That is an incredible price. Was that the installed out the door price? I wish Fairbury, IL was a little closer to NC.
Just got my receipt.. It was 998.00 out the door, mounted balanced stems, done in 45 min and a beer koozie
__________________
4" BDS springs, zone nitro shocks, rubicon express track bar, Currie tie rod, 1" Rokmen bl, 1" JKS mml, AA Sye/cv conversion, Black Magic Brakes, JKS upper adjustable arms, 4.88 regear, 27 spline chromeolly shafts, 35x12.5x15 GG's on ion's 174, rhino lined tub, boat cannon stereo, rock hard harness bar, Led Windshield Light bar
GingerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
GingerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerTJ View Post

Just got my receipt.. It was 998.00 out the door, mounted balanced stems, done in 45 min and a beer koozie
Tax included.. Tax was like 58 bucks
__________________
4" BDS springs, zone nitro shocks, rubicon express track bar, Currie tie rod, 1" Rokmen bl, 1" JKS mml, AA Sye/cv conversion, Black Magic Brakes, JKS upper adjustable arms, 4.88 regear, 27 spline chromeolly shafts, 35x12.5x15 GG's on ion's 174, rhino lined tub, boat cannon stereo, rock hard harness bar, Led Windshield Light bar
GingerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerTJ View Post
Sweet! We will have to meet up sometime man! And yes!! Call him, ask for Bryan, and tell him red jeep guy sent you, you'll get a discount

Do you know if they finance or do you have to pay in full for them?
wyant93 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #16
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerTJ View Post
Last min went with these today..


I'm blown away. Look like an MT, Preform like an MT, Sound like a street tire, and were cheep!

Seriously go with these.. 900$ for 5


Do you think these would rub a lot without a lift??
NYJeeper24 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
jkmohican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJeeper24 View Post

Do you think these would rub a lot without a lift??
On the road, definitely not, off road, probably. But nothing serous.
jkmohican is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Big Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lafayette Hill, PA
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post

I disagree. I've used full on MTs and Duratracs and the Duras were just as good in the mud. There is nothing street about them. They have sidewall tread, large open outer lugs that get noisy after the first rotation, and tons of siping for snow and ice.
I'm sure they work as good as MTs for the light offroading you do. I spent last weekend watching rigs with these tires fail at obstacles where equally equipped rigs with swampers, bighorns, and BFG MTs were successful.
Big Cole is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
GingerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cole View Post

I'm sure they work as good as MTs for the light offroading you do. I spent last weekend watching rigs with these tires fail at obstacles where equally equipped rigs with swampers, bighorns, and BFG MTs were successful.
But swamped are 1500+
__________________
4" BDS springs, zone nitro shocks, rubicon express track bar, Currie tie rod, 1" Rokmen bl, 1" JKS mml, AA Sye/cv conversion, Black Magic Brakes, JKS upper adjustable arms, 4.88 regear, 27 spline chromeolly shafts, 35x12.5x15 GG's on ion's 174, rhino lined tub, boat cannon stereo, rock hard harness bar, Led Windshield Light bar
GingerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 177
Can you clarify the size on these? There are a few 3el options in DTs.
aug0211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
GingerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
Can you clarify the size on these? There are a few 3el options in DTs.
33x12.5x 15
__________________
4" BDS springs, zone nitro shocks, rubicon express track bar, Currie tie rod, 1" Rokmen bl, 1" JKS mml, AA Sye/cv conversion, Black Magic Brakes, JKS upper adjustable arms, 4.88 regear, 27 spline chromeolly shafts, 35x12.5x15 GG's on ion's 174, rhino lined tub, boat cannon stereo, rock hard harness bar, Led Windshield Light bar
GingerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerTJ View Post

33x12.5x 15
Thanks! And sorry form the typo, I was on my phone earlier. On a tablet now, who knows which will turn out more readable :-)

Soon to be first time Jeeper. Ordered a 2014 Unlimited 2 weeks back. Now, I'm on the hunt for tires and wheels.

My dilemma is that I had always planned on DT 33x12.5x15, but I recently decided that I think I like AEV Pintlers the most for wheels. This means a different 33 for the DT (has to fit 17" wheels :-( )

Totally undecided now...
aug0211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
NCJeepin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Connelly Springs, North Carolina
Posts: 3,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
Thanks! And sorry form the typo, I was on my phone earlier. On a tablet now, who knows which will turn out more readable :-)

Soon to be first time Jeeper. Ordered a 2014 Unlimited 2 weeks back. Now, I'm on the hunt for tires and wheels.

My dilemma is that I had always planned on DT 33x12.5x15, but I recently decided that I think I like AEV Pintlers the most for wheels. This means a different 33 for the DT (has to fit 17" wheels :-( )

Totally undecided now...
You can still get Duratracs in the metric equivalent of 33s that fit 17s to the best of my knowledge. Not exactly sure what size it would be off the top of my head though.
__________________
When in doubt, power out!
NCJeepin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCJeepin View Post
You can still get Duratracs in the metric equivalent of 33s that fit 17s to the best of my knowledge. Not exactly sure what size it would be off the top of my head though.
285/70/r17
JKralph is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 177
Thanks!


I just created a new thread for my question :-) I do know I can still get 33s in metrics vs standards, but there are some things I'm not as excited about.

Sorry for the thread jack! I've created my own to try to avoid taking this over.

aug0211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC