Dick Cepek tires - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 165
Dick Cepek tires

Okay, so im looking for an all terrain 31x10.50x15 tire that looks nice and beefy, any one got any ideas? i do like a nice hum from the tires, im looking at the Dick Cepek FC-II tires and the Crushers, it is my DD. any advice? even if it is a different brand tell me how yours are, Thanks

tlarm139 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 655
I had 35x12.50R-17 Dick Cepek FC IIs on my old two door JK. Ride quality is fantastic, and is really a lot better than any other off road tire I've used in the last ten years. They work very good in snow and on wet pavement, and when aired down to 8 psi they are the best sand tires I've ever had. They are not as good as an MT tire for ultimate traction on loose or rocky ground, and it is a little tougher to stay on your line through a tough obstacle. They are also a little floaty at high speed on gravel, and don't seem to have as much lateral grip as MT tires in this situation.

__________________
2014 Wrangler Sport: 3" lift, 35s, Dana 60s, Warn winch
MOPWR2U is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPWR2U View Post
I had 35x12.50R-17 Dick Cepek FC IIs on my old two door JK. Ride quality is fantastic, and is really a lot better than any other off road tire I've used in the last ten years. They work very good in snow and on wet pavement, and when aired down to 8 psi they are the best sand tires I've ever had. They are not as good as an MT tire for ultimate traction on loose or rocky ground, and it is a little tougher to stay on your line through a tough obstacle. They are also a little floaty at high speed on gravel, and don't seem to have as much lateral grip as MT tires in this situation.
thanks, my jeep is my DD so im trying to keep mileage half decent and how is it on dry pavement? and are they quiet or do they give a nice little hum?
tlarm139 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Wrangler06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Roanoke Virginia
Posts: 1,643
mine are kelly safari tsr's in a 31x10.50..put between 1 and 2k on them so far and love um..they are classified as an AT but are more of a hybrid but they ride very good, good on wet and dry pavement, nice little hum but not too loud at all, great in mud so far and decent on rocks..550 for 4 shipped to my door, goodyear owns kelly and these are kellys version of the duratracs..they look awesome in person pics do them no justice
__________________
Impact Orange 06 Wrangler SE 2.4l 6 speed
OME and Bilsteins, 31x10.50 Kelly Safari Tsr
Magnaflow Exhaust, Rustoleum Lined Tub, Hard Top, Full Doors
Wrangler06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarm139 View Post
thanks, my jeep is my DD so im trying to keep mileage half decent and how is it on dry pavement? and are they quiet or do they give a nice little hum?
Cepek FC IIs make more noise than a typical AT tire, such as a BFG AT KO. But they are not as loud as many of the MT tires are. One other important point, ... when I changed from 35" Goodyear MTR w/K tires to 35" Cepek FC II tires my gas mileage went up by 1.5 mpg.
__________________
2014 Wrangler Sport: 3" lift, 35s, Dana 60s, Warn winch
MOPWR2U is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPWR2U View Post
Cepek FC IIs make more noise than a typical AT tire, such as a BFG AT KO. But they are not as loud as many of the MT tires are. One other important point, ... when I changed from 35" Goodyear MTR w/K tires to 35" Cepek FC II tires my gas mileage went up by 1.5 mpg.
thanks! exactly what i was looking for, im only puttin 31's on my 2001 TJ sport with a 2.5 inch lift. so idt my mpg's should really change, hopefully lol, but o well
tlarm139 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #7
UConn Husky

WF Supporting Member
 
Grog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 422
Images: 6
I run Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs MT tires, and really like them. They handle very well, and are are pretty quiet.

Dick Cepek and Mickey Thompson are both Cooper brands.

Grog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tires Have A 6 Year Shelf Life jgano23 Off-Topic 14 11-11-2011 07:39 PM
dick cepek crushers 00tjwrangler TJ General Discussion Forum 19 01-21-2011 12:49 AM
Dick Cepek Torque Wheel and stock tires terminator012 JK General Discussion Forum 10 11-28-2010 06:58 AM
NY: 5 Dick Cepek Crushers 35x12.5 R15!!! Twozerofd Classifieds Archive 8 04-30-2010 02:34 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC