Largest tire on stock JK? Here's your answer! - Page 20 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #571
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushJK13 View Post
Just got my new JK 2door, it has the el cheapo steal rims on it. After doing much research and measuring I've decided to get some LT265-75-R16 Duratracs for some better traction in the sand, dirt, and shallow mud holes. I was wondering if that set up will work, as far as seating the bead correctly and still leaving enough clearance so I can climb a curb hear and there? Has anyone seen the factory steelyz painted? If so can someone post a picture, can't seem to find anything anywhere. Thanks
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
use that link^^ it will show you everything you need to know. if your willing to do the spacers you can put 285s on your rig.

__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #572
Jeeper
 
mike1158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyPete View Post
Yes. 295/65R18 Duratracs is what I put on my stock 18" wheels with 1.5" spidertrax spacers. No rub, works good with the 18/59 spring swap.

more pics of your Jeep please

mike1158 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #573
Jeeper
 
mattyswinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Baja mtz 32.8in tires 265x75x16 no lift with cut bumper Gibson dual exhaust KC lights gas cap cover grill inserts bug deflector
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4084339685.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	217729   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2444339527.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	217730  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-88155888.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	217731   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3145005196.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	217732  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2843991479.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	217733  
mattyswinks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #574
Jeeper
 
D.B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyswinks View Post
Baja mtz 32.8in tires 265x75x16 no lift with cut bumper Gibson dual exhaust KC lights gas cap cover grill inserts bug deflector
Was looking at an exhaust upgrade, but wasnt sure if it actually makes a difference. I ahve a 2012 Sahara with the new v6....have you seen any improvements with your exhaust upgrade?
D.B. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #575
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Fenders: Bushwacker Slim

Wheels: Aftermarket 18"x10"

Tires: 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grappler

What is the appropriate MINIMUM lift for this set up?

No rock climbing, just city, freeway, and minimal trails.

Can I just do a body lift?

Any other thoughts and suggestions are appreciated as well. Thanks!
roxxxstr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #576
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 16
Great information
JKUKnight is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #577
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxstr View Post
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Fenders: Bushwacker Slim

Wheels: Aftermarket 18"x10"

Tires: 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grappler

What is the appropriate MINIMUM lift for this set up?

No rock climbing, just city, freeway, and minimal trails.

Can I just do a body lift?

Any other thoughts and suggestions are appreciated as well. Thanks!
I assume you mean "flat" flares? I've never heard them called "slim" flares.

Assuming so, the answer is "no lift needed." If your pinch seam didn't come trimmed from the factory, you'll need to trim it. But that's it.

It'd look better with 2.5" of lift though, in my opinion.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #578
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxstr View Post
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Fenders: Bushwacker Slim

Wheels: Aftermarket 18"x10"

Tires: 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grappler

What is the appropriate MINIMUM lift for this set up?

No rock climbing, just city, freeway, and minimal trails.

Can I just do a body lift?

Any other thoughts and suggestions are appreciated as well. Thanks!
do not do a body lift.
this is mine with chopped flares and a 2.5in lift. it will run on the street but you will rub everywhere unless you lift. rough country budget boost is the best kit you can get for the money if you grab the series II. 180 bucks and youll clear fine on and off road

__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #579
Jeeper
 
scipio337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy View Post
do not do a body lift.
this is mine with chopped flares and a 2.5in lift. it will run on the street but you will rub everywhere unless you lift. rough country budget boost is the best kit you can get for the money if you grab the series II. 180 bucks and youll clear fine on and off road

I've been looking around for a rc budget boost. Are they still sold? Wasn't sure if they're called something else on the rough country website.
scipio337 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #580
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio337 View Post
I've been looking around for a rc budget boost. Are they still sold? Wasn't sure if they're called something else on the rough country website.
Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Lift
make sure you get the series 2 kit at the bottom.

Series II Kit
Qty 1
$179.95
Series II kit includes front and rear coil spacers, front and rear brake line brackets, front and rear shock relocation brackets, rear track bar bracket, and rear sway bar links.
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #581
Jeeper
 
mattyswinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. View Post

Was looking at an exhaust upgrade, but wasnt sure if it actually makes a difference. I ahve a 2012 Sahara with the new v6....have you seen any improvements with your exhaust upgrade?
No I've seen no improvements with it but i also didn't replace all the pipes just the back...it just made it louder
mattyswinks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #582
Jeeper
 
scipio337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy View Post
Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Lift
make sure you get the series 2 kit at the bottom.

Series II Kit
Qty 1
$179.95
Series II kit includes front and rear coil spacers, front and rear brake line brackets, front and rear shock relocation brackets, rear track bar bracket, and rear sway bar links.

scipio337 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #583
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy View Post
do not do a body lift.
this is mine with chopped flares and a 2.5in lift. it will run on the street but you will rub everywhere unless you lift. rough country budget boost is the best kit you can get for the money if you grab the series II. 180 bucks and youll clear fine on and off road

Thank you!
roxxxstr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #584
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
I'm a little confused on which option will be better for a 2013 Rubicon with a 2.5" suspension lift and flat fenders:

Option A: 20x10 rim with 35/12.50/20 tires

Option B: 20x8.5 rim with 295/65R20 tires

Will the 20x10 and 12.50 wide tire be too wide?

Will the 20x8.5 and 295 wide tire be too slim?

Will I even notice a difference here?

I'm talking ascetically mostly. Thoughts?
roxxxstr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #585
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxstr View Post
I'm a little confused on which option will be better for a 2013 Rubicon with a 2.5" suspension lift and flat fenders:

Option A: 20x10 rim with 35/12.50/20 tires

Option B: 20x8.5 rim with 295/65R20 tires

Will the 20x10 and 12.50 wide tire be too wide?

Will the 20x8.5 and 295 wide tire be too slim?

Will I even notice a difference here?

I'm talking ascetically mostly. Thoughts?
Go with the 8.5" wide wheel. 12" wide tires are fine as well--I have 33x12.5R15s on 15x8 wheels.

And for the love of all that's good and holy, don't put 20s on a wrangler unless you're going with 40" tires.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #586
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,246
if you do 20s youll end up regretting it. unless you want to park at the mall with the homies. our local dealer puts them on everything. and if you buy a lifted jeep and they come on there they usually come off about the first time off roading. save your money get a 15 or 16
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #587
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
Go with the 8.5" wide wheel. 12" wide tires are fine as well--I have 33x12.5R15s on 15x8 wheels.

And for the love of all that's good and holy, don't put 20s on a wrangler unless you're going with 40" tires.
Can I put the 35x12.5R20 tires on the 20x8.5 wheel without any issues?
roxxxstr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #588
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxstr View Post

Can I put the 35x12.5R20 tires on the 20x8.5 wheel without any issues?
Need a lift or flat flares, but yes.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #589
Jeeper
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 318
I've read through this thread and even done a search here on the site, but I haven't come across the tire info I'm looking for. If there's a thread I missed because I failed to type the appropriate phrase in the search field, please feel free to point me in that direction.

My question is this -- what's the largest tire that I can put on the stock 17" wheels on my 12 JKUR without a lift that will allow me full articulation, not require spacers, not require aftermarket flares, and most importantly will not stick out past the edges of the fender flares?

From what I've read so far, 285/70/17 will fit but may need a leveling kit or minor steering adjustment, but I don't know whether these will stay completely under the stock flares.

I don't mind putting a leveling kit in, but the PA vehicle code prohibits any part of the tire from extending past the flare (or arguably any part of the tread -- my understanding is that there's a disconnect between the vehicle code and inspection regulations) and also prohibits wheel spacers and aftermarket flares greater than 3" in width. The factory flares are OK regardless of the width because they're original equipment (my understanding of the law).

I've found a lot of threads complaining about PA laws (another debate entirely), but none with any tire info -- so any info or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Gort is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #590
Jeeper
 
Sandtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western MA
Posts: 183
Duratrac help!

Hello experts... I need help so bad! Let me lay it out...

I have:
-2013 2dr JK Sport
-Stock 17" alloy wheels
-Stock Goodyear 255/75R17 SR-A tires
-Stock 14/56 springs & suspension

My driving habits:
-Jeep is a DD, commuting 50 miles a day highway
-mostly highway and city driving
-little to no offroad

My needs in tire/wheel upgrade:
-i want an aggressive tread (pretty sold on Duratrac)
-I need it to be good for snow, rain, ice, etc... (I live in New England).
-I want something that will have minimal affect on MPG or need for speedometer recalibration (a few MPH or 1-2 MPG off is fine)
-don't want a lift or wheel spacers (maybe a leveling kit, but not now)
-I NEED to have my tires under the fenders as much as possible, MA has laws against tires extending past fender flares so getting my annual inspection sticker will be a pain with tires extending past... I don't want to mod/replace my fenders.

I think I want MB TKO wheels, either 16x8.5 (or 17") +18mm offset or -6mm offset... what is the backspace on these? 4.5" on the -6mm and 5.5" on the +18 right? I originally wanted "the combo" with 33x12.5x15 duratrac on 15x8 3.75" BS MB wheels (TKOs not 72's) but this set up would sit about 2 inches past my fenders. The 16" or 17" options w/ 285/75R16 (285/70R17) look like they will extend about 1/2" or so with 4.5" BS... what about the +18mm offset TKOs? I assume this would bring them within the fender flares but will this equal rubbing at turns? The guys with 4.5 and less BS say theres no rubbing on road (i'm not doing much off road is any), but would the +18mm be too little clearance and should stick with the -6mm?

My other dilemma is the load rating... if I want to save some cash, the 16" set up is cheaper, but the duratracs are only E rated... will this added weight and stiffness equate to MPG annihilation and a really harsh ride? the 15" options are C rated but won't work for me with the sticking outage... and the 17" are D rated... how would D rated be? I also don't really want to HAVE to buy a Procal, will either set up work with TPMS as factory set or will all these run closer to 30 psi and need to be recalibrated? I'm averaging 18.5 to 19 mpg on mye stock 255/75R17 SR-A's and I'd like to stay near that... is that reasonable? Maybe I should just get like 265's =(
Justifying the higher cost of the 17 setup is boggling my mind...D rated, vs E... I wish they just made 33x10.5x15 in C rating or something!

Might be hard to follow, and i'm sorry... but any advise would be much appreciated!!
Sandtrooper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #591
Jeeper
 
Sandtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western MA
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post

I've found a lot of threads complaining about PA laws (another debate entirely), but none with any tire info -- so any info or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Haha my comment that I just added a few minutes after you is very similar except because of MA laws. Hope the experts here can guide us both!
Sandtrooper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #592
Jeeper
 
Sandtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western MA
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
I've read through this thread and even done a search here on the site, but I haven't come across the tire info I'm looking for. If there's a thread I missed because I failed to type the appropriate phrase in the search field, please feel free to point me in that direction.

My question is this -- what's the largest tire that I can put on the stock 17" wheels on my 12 JKUR without a lift that will allow me full articulation, not require spacers, not require aftermarket flares, and most importantly will not stick out past the edges of the fender flares?

From what I've read so far, 285/70/17 will fit but may need a leveling kit or minor steering adjustment, but I don't know whether these will stay completely under the stock flares.

I don't mind putting a leveling kit in, but the PA vehicle code prohibits any part of the tire from extending past the flare (or arguably any part of the tread -- my understanding is that there's a disconnect between the vehicle code and inspection regulations) and also prohibits wheel spacers and aftermarket flares greater than 3" in width. The factory flares are OK regardless of the width because they're original equipment (my understanding of the law).

I've found a lot of threads complaining about PA laws (another debate entirely), but none with any tire info -- so any info or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Call Discount Tire Direct at 888-459-4080 and Talk to Logan at ext 51866... Just ordered my tires and wheels from him and he was awesome and very knowledgable. I assume 265/75r17 would be the biggest on stock without any rubbing... 285/75r17 would need some sort of spacer or aftermarket wheel I think... Don't quote me on that though.
Sandtrooper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #593
Jeeper
 
Sandtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western MA
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrooper View Post

Call Discount Tire Direct at 888-459-4080 and Talk to Logan at ext 51866... Just ordered my tires and wheels from him and he was awesome and very knowledgable. I assume 265/75r17 would be the biggest on stock without any rubbing... 285/75r17 would need some sort of spacer or aftermarket wheel I think... Don't quote me on that though.
I mean 70r17*
Sandtrooper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #594
Jeeper
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrooper View Post
Call Discount Tire Direct at 888-459-4080 and Talk to Logan at ext 51866... Just ordered my tires and wheels from him and he was awesome and very knowledgable. I assume 265/75r17 would be the biggest on stock without any rubbing... 285/75r17 would need some sort of spacer or aftermarket wheel I think... Don't quote me on that though.
Thanks -- I'll give it a shot.
Gort is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #595
Jeeper
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrooper View Post
I mean 70r17*
70R17 for both sizes mentioned, right?
Gort is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #596
Jeeper
 
Sandtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Western MA
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
70R17 for both sizes mentioned, right?
yep, for 17" 265/70R17 and 285/70R17.... I just ordered 285/75R16 and 16" MB TKO wheels with +18mm offset (5.45" backspacing) and they said there would be no rubbing on road (i would off road, but I am not doing much of that)... I was going to go w/ 4.5" BS but the 285 size would stick out about an inch past the fender and in MA that can be a pain to pass annual vehicle inspections.... but I was really set on gett 33" tires... the 265 is a 32" tire. I didn't want to deal with on-road rubbing at full turn and such and also did not want to deal w/ spacers which is why i got an aftermarket set of wheels with a slightly lower BS. Discount Tire Direct is awesome though, they know there stuff, and if you buy 5 tires and tell them you are a wranglerforum.com member they take $50 off the order!
Sandtrooper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #597
Jeeper
 
mgola27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
I've read through this thread and even done a search here on the site, but I haven't come across the tire info I'm looking for. If there's a thread I missed because I failed to type the appropriate phrase in the search field, please feel free to point me in that direction.

My question is this -- what's the largest tire that I can put on the stock 17" wheels on my 12 JKUR without a lift that will allow me full articulation, not require spacers, not require aftermarket flares, and most importantly will not stick out past the edges of the fender flares?

From what I've read so far, 285/70/17 will fit but may need a leveling kit or minor steering adjustment, but I don't know whether these will stay completely under the stock flares.

I don't mind putting a leveling kit in, but the PA vehicle code prohibits any part of the tire from extending past the flare (or arguably any part of the tread -- my understanding is that there's a disconnect between the vehicle code and inspection regulations) and also prohibits wheel spacers and aftermarket flares greater than 3" in width. The factory flares are OK regardless of the width because they're original equipment (my understanding of the law).

I've found a lot of threads complaining about PA laws (another debate entirely), but none with any tire info -- so any info or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Okay, here is what I think regarding your situation:

You have essentially three options for BIGGER (wider, taller, or both) tires on the stock wheels. Only two of which can reasonably accomplish what you are looking for (no rub on stock wheel, under the flare).

Keep in mind, the flare must cover the tread only, so any bulge from the sidewall which may protrude is okay based on my interpretation of the law. (please note, I'm just offering my opinion and make not guarantee that I am right or that you won't break the fender flare rule in PA. I'm just trying to help you make a better informed decision).

I took a quick, eyeballed measurement of how far under the flares the stock tires are on a Sahara. I expect it to be essentially the same on the Sport's 17s. It's about 1-1/8".

Using actual published measurements, I've created this diagram* to illustrate that on a stock wheel all three of the sizes below will fall within the requirement of staying inside the flares. However, each tire choice has its own specific considerations to take into account.

1.) 255/80/17 BF Goodrich KM2 (orange box). This tire is the same width at the stock tires (255mm/10.03in) you are currently running, but taller (839.9mm/33.06in). They will fit under the flares just like what you have, although they may touch the underside of the flares under full flex.

2.) 275/70/17 (pink box). There are a few tires at this size and it should work okay. It's essentially the same height (816.8mm/32.15in) as the stockers (814.3mm/32.05in) but a little bit wider (275mm/10.82) which may cause it to graze the inner lip of the flare when you flex. I don't think many run this size, so it's hard to tell if it would hit under flex. My gut tells me they would "just" miss offroad.

3.) 285/70/17 (blue box). You know the problems with these. On the stock wheel with no spacers they will not stick out past the flares, but they will rub other components when turning or flexing. Spacers eliminate that but then push them beyond the flares.

I hope this helps you out some.

*The distance from the tires (colored boxes) to the flare is just to illustrate if they will stick out beyond.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3618559761.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	222605  
mgola27 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #598
Newb
 
kenwopper89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: laurel,de
Posts: 8
im also looking at a set of 285/70/17 for my stock 11 jeep jk sport using stock wheels 17" will i need back spacers and will i need to re gear my rears
kenwopper89 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #599
Jeeper
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgola27 View Post

I hope this helps you out some.
Thanks very much mgola, that helps out a LOT!
Gort is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #600
Jeeper
 
mgola27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwopper89 View Post
im also looking at a set of 285/70/17 for my stock 11 jeep jk sport using stock wheels 17" will i need back spacers and will i need to re gear my rears
On the stock wheels, you will likely rub the air dam and possibly the suspension on turns. You WILL rub when you flex off road. Spacers will fix that.

Re gearing is up to you, but you need to do both axles if you decide to, not just the rear.

What gears do you currently have?

If you're running 3.21s with an auto, you'll likely want to re gear. If you have a manual or 3.73, it becomes a bit more of a discussion.

There are plenty of threads on re gearing, though.

mgola27 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Angled Tire Carrier Mazriel JK General Discussion Forum 5 06-03-2014 10:55 AM
Just a commentary on odd bolt sizes in my CJ.... Renaissance_Redneck General Jeep Discussion 1 02-28-2012 12:33 PM
Stock bumper add ons OBXJEEPER TJ General Discussion Forum 6 02-28-2012 11:12 AM
Just a commentary on odd bolt sizes in my CJ.... Renaissance_Redneck CJ General Discussion Forum 0 02-28-2012 09:39 AM
AZ: Selling Stock 2012 tires/wheels! $550 OBO Garrwing84 Classifieds Archive 0 02-28-2012 09:30 AM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC