New 35x12.5x15 Shoes, wheels & Bed lined Grill - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
New 35x12.5x15 Shoes, wheels & Bed lined Grill

I finally broke down & bought new wheels & tires. Also had Linex spray my Grill. What ya think?

Before 35x12.5x18 Toyo's on Moto Metals 109 lbs plus (5 lb spacers)


Now Tires are 35x12.5x15 Cooper STT's. 88 lbs (no spacers)
Wheels are Ion 138 15x8's






Before





4.25" Backspacing



Grill turned out so purdy I wanted to hang it in the great room forever!! lol


07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,390
Toned it down I see

Love it brother That is a sweet tire
How does it feel now, going with a lighter setup?

Don't know if you saw my post. I found a like new set of BF KM2's 35x12.5x15 on CL.
Ordered my 15" Black Rock wheels today

kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Toned it down I see

Love it brother That is a sweet tire
How does it feel now, going with a lighter setup?

Don't know if you saw my post. I found a like new set of BF KM2's 35x12.5x15 on CL.
Ordered my 15" Black Rock wheels today
Thanks! It's got more power for sure. Steers better too. Congrats on you KM2's. That was my 1st choice but couldn't find em. I'm liken the coops. PM me when you post pics so I don't miss it.
Thanks
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
That looks really good. And I think the grill works better with the way your Jeep looks now.

Nice.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
That looks really good. And I think the grill works better with the way your Jeep looks now.

Nice.
Thanks Wolf. I agree!
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,513
Do they coopers weigh 88lbs or is that with the wheels? My guess with?
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
Do they coopers weigh 88lbs or is that with the wheels? My guess with?
Ya, wheels+tires
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Eatsonlyheads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bonita Springs Fl.
Posts: 28
pretty sick
Eatsonlyheads is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatsonlyheads View Post
pretty sick
Thanks!!
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #10
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,390
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Waz UP?

Been in the garage fabricating a rear slider-clevis-spare tire support. I've seen guys totally jack up their end gates by sliding off ledges & landing on their spares, putting the weight of their jeeps on their spare. It's not purdy. I've already scuffed up the bottom of my PLASTIC bumper. Luckily haven't hit the spare that I know of.

This contraption should do the trick!

So you think you're wheels should come in tomorrow A? Good for you.
Can't wait to see em. Make sure to post me a link.
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #12
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door

Waz UP?

Been in the garage fabricating a rear slider-clevis-spare tire support. I've seen guys totally jack up their end gates by sliding off ledges & landing on their spares, putting the weight of their jeeps on their spare. It's not purdy. I've already scuffed up the bottom of my PLASTIC bumper. Luckily haven't hit the spare that I know of.

This contraption should do the trick!

So you think you're wheels should come in tomorrow A? Good for you.
Can't wait to see em. Make sure to post me a link.
Oh I will... Lots of pics.

Speaking of a garage. I just found a nice little rental with a garage. Moving in next week.
Going to buy a nice toolset. maybe a compressor/impact/etc.
Settin up jeep shop I can't wait.
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Oh I will... Lots of pics.

Speaking of a garage. I just found a nice little rental with a garage. Moving in next week.
Going to buy a nice toolset. maybe a compressor/impact/etc.
Settin up jeep shop I can't wait.
Congrats on finding a nice place. In the summer I spend most of my free time tinkering in the garage!
Can't wait to see the pics........
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10


Now?

So... 513's is a bit low and better off with 488?

I doubt I will go down a tire size though.

1st gear is non existent now. I'm wondering "with my 4.10's" it will become more useful with bigger tires.

Right now I start in 2nd most the time. 1st gear is over @ 10 mph. And shifting slows acceleration time-that's my biggest gripe.
If first now becomes "longer" it may benefit.
I brought this here, just easier.

Going to 4.88's or five one threes is going to make 1st even lower. So if you're topping out a 10 mph with your 410's, you'll top out around 7mph.

If I'm on level ground, I usually start out in 2nd. If you were to race someone, lol, you'ld start out in 2nd for sure,

all that being said, I am very happy with the 513's. BUT...I don't do alot of freeway. Like I said, its wound pretty tight @ 70mph.
With the Toyos, I really needed the 513s. Who knows, with this lighter setup, 488s might be better. I'll have to find out going to Moab next week.

410 to 488 is not that big of jump. I went from 321 to 513. That's big!!
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door

I brought this here, just easier.

Going to 4.88's or five one threes is going to make 1st even lower. So if you're topping out a 10 mph with your 410's, you'll top out around 7mph.

If I'm on level ground, I usually start out in 2nd. If you were to race someone, lol, you'ld start out in 2nd for sure,

all that being said, I am very happy with the 513's. BUT...I don't do alot of freeway. Like I said, its wound pretty tight @ 70mph.
With the Toyos, I really needed the 513s. Who knows, with this lighter setup, 488s might be better. I'll have to find out going to Moab next week.

410 to 488 is not that big of jump. I went from 321 to 513. That's big!!
Biggggggg
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Biggggggg

I'd wait to see how you like the 35's on 410s b4 you do anything!
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door

I'd wait to see how you like the 35's on 410s b4 you do anything!
I will give my 4.10's a chance
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
I will give my 4.10's a chance
you'll definately get 1st gear back, lol.
Hey, before you put em on, do what I did. Take a GPS & record your speeds in every gear at 3000 RPMS. Write it down, then do it with the 35's on. That may help you decide which gears would suit you best
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door

you'll definately get 1st gear back, lol.
Hey, before you put em on, do what I did. Take a GPS & record your speeds in every gear at 3000 RPMS. Write it down, then do it with the 35's on. That may help you decide which gears would suit you best
Ahh.... Will do that
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Ahh.... Will do that
Ahhhhhhhhhh, done welding. The primer is drying
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,513
This thread deserved another look, such a good choice. Great looking set you got there.
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
This thread deserved another look, such a good choice. Great looking set you got there.
Thanks, that means a lot coming from you!! I tried to be different, go chromeless, even painted the chrome center caps, & still kept the 5 spoke design jeep is known for. Still can't go all black even tho it looks mean & purposeful. When these start to look bad I'll have them powdercoated black.


How ya been? New & exciting?
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door
I finally broke down & bought new wheels & tires. Also had Linex spray my Grill. What ya think?

Before 35x12.5x18 Toyo's on Moto Metals 109 lbs plus (5 lb spacers)

Now Tires are 35x12.5x15 Cooper STT's. 88 lbs (no spacers)
Wheels are Ion 138 15x8's

Before

4.25" Backspacing

Grill turned out so purdy I wanted to hang it in the great room forever!! lol
Damn bro thats a sexy set up, how do those tires do on the street ? I use my jeep as dd and abusive weekend warrior as well as beach almost everyday, those tires look meaty and how do they do in snow/ice im guessing bad on ice
1990wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #24
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door

I'd wait to see how you like the 35's on 410s b4 you do anything!
Well.... It's not so bad.

First gear last a little longer. Key is to keep the Rpms up around 3000.
It's tolerable but a regear is still in the works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3088878499.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	108331   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3782611972.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	108332  

kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990wrangler View Post
Damn bro thats a sexy set up, how do those tires do on the street ? I use my jeep as dd and abusive weekend warrior as well as beach almost everyday, those tires look meaty and how do they do in snow/ice im guessing bad on ice
Thanks Man!! I just put em on but will tell you, my jeep has never handeled better on the street. I know AT's will last 20 K more miles but these will either be chunked by then or I will get something different.
I read over 100 testimonials on the web about these tires. 99% were positive. Snow Ice, ya not the best I'm sure.
Most importantly tho, when I go out in the garage & see them, which is all the time, I get a woody. I think that's worth something. At's have never done that for me.

Thanks again for the kind words!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Well.... It's not so bad.

First gear last a little longer. Key is to keep the Rpms up around 3000.
It's tolerable but a regear is still in the works
Dang Ken. I really like those wheels. Totally different Jeep now! AND you've got the KM2's. You Dog!!

Happy for you my friend!
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 128
Yea I popped a woody with the pic of them and the fender, but with a 2 yr old in the back seat living in ny I need good snow/ice tires lol
1990wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990wrangler View Post
Yea I popped a woody with the pic of them and the fender, but with a 2 yr old in the back seat living in ny I need good snow/ice tires lol
Ha ha, ya, safety first for sure. Mine is just a toy. Not a DD.
07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
Casotakar1229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,214
the 35's look great. not a fan of plasti-dip/bed lining the grille but it actually doesn't look that bad! cool looking jeep, something different about it, I think it's that rear tire carrier, looks beast.
Casotakar1229 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door

Ha ha, ya, safety first for sure. Mine is just a toy. Not a DD.
yea def for my son me its ok lol, and damn I need your job, loving that tire rack also looks beasty as hell
1990wrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #30
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door

Thanks Man!! I just put em on but will tell you, my jeep has never handeled better on the street. I know AT's will last 20 K more miles but these will either be chunked by then or I will get something different.
I read over 100 testimonials on the web about these tires. 99% were positive. Snow Ice, ya not the best I'm sure.
Most importantly tho, when I go out in the garage & see them, which is all the time, I get a woody. I think that's worth something. At's have never done that for me.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Dang Ken. I really like those wheels. Totally different Jeep now! AND you've got the KM2's. You Dog!!

Happy for you my friend!
Missed your response

Thanks brother

kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New lift no more 2nd gear metal41mulisha TJ General Discussion Forum 13 03-16-2012 08:46 PM
new adventure..... surfing the wf page! hunteryj93 Oregon Jeep Forum 9 03-16-2012 12:22 PM
New at this and need help. IronManT28 TJ General Discussion Forum 2 03-15-2012 08:00 PM
Another new tat Rebel_Ryders_Offroad Michigan Jeep Forum 4 03-15-2012 06:43 PM
Poison Spyder LED Bundle: Trucklite Headlamps & Rigid Duallys! DTS Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 0 03-15-2012 06:31 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC