procomp 7069's installed on JKU dune! - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
skippy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 49
procomp 7069's installed on JKU dune!

Hello all. First thanks to the community for all of the info that is posted here. I spent weeks researching what would be the best wheel and tire setup for my 2013 JKU Dune and the info here was invaluable.

Dune seems to be a pretty polarizing color, you either hate it or love it. I was kind of "meh" when I first saw it, but I started envisioning what it would look like with black wheels and accents. I know this is all personal preference, but I also feel for Dune to work you need color matched fenders and top. I really feel the black wheels pull it all together. I absolutely love it now.

Anyway in my search for wheels I identified what was important to me..which was..
  • wheel and tire assembly close to stock weight
  • worked with stock suspension
  • did not stick out too far past the fenders
  • aggressive look

I settled on
ProComp 7069's 17X9 -6 offset
Toyo Open Country AT2's in 285/70/17 in P not LT (I specifically did not want E rated tires...I just don't see the need for such high load rated tires on jeep)

The stock 18" Sahara wheel and tire combo was 68.8lbs according to my scale (which makes sense considering they rate the spare tire carrier for 69lbs)

My new setup was 69.8lbs. I was very happy with that.

After install the TPMS sensors synch'd right up within 2 minutes.

So without further ado...




Wheels!


Mounted with the tires


On Skippy




skippy77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
Thank You Veterans!

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 33,004
Not sure if it's because I'm on my office computer (with it's mega-firewall) but I'm not seeing the pics.

__________________
_______________________
My build threads
__ Sarge ______ The Colonel
Beastmaster is online now   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
skippy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 49
I can see them on my phone too...hmmmm I hope it works
skippy77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
t6p
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Looks great! Where did you purchase from?
t6p is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
skippy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by t6p View Post
Looks great! Where did you purchase from?
I got the wheels from 4wheelParts and the tires from Tread Depot. I bought OEM TPMS sensors on ebay and had the tires mounted and balanced at Goodyear for $16 a tire. I then installed them on the jeep at home.
skippy77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Loki9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 165
Very nice
Loki9 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Loki9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 165
Skippy did you use conical style lug nuts for this?

I am having a bit of an issue the past few days on my install of Pro comps 7069's on BFG's, the installer says I need hub rings, pro comp says all I need is conical style lugs.

Will try again tomorrow for the install or following day, waiting on the hub rings, already have the lugs, but may not need rings after speaking with pro comp this eve.
Loki9 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
skippy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki9 View Post
Skippy did you use conical style lug nuts for this?

I am having a bit of an issue the past few days on my install of Pro comps 7069's on BFG's, the installer says I need hub rings, pro comp says all I need is conical style lugs.

Will try again tomorrow for the install or following day, waiting on the hub rings, already have the lugs, but may not need rings after speaking with pro comp this eve.
Hey buddy. I bought procomp black conical lug nuts from 4wheelparts along with the wheels...that's all you need. You do definitely do not need hub rings.

Just make sure that you or the installer takes the push nuts off of the studs before installing the procomps. The factory wheels have cutouts for the push nuts to sit in so the the wheel sits flush on the hub. Most aftermarket wheels do not have those cutouts so take the push nuts off.

If you do not take the push nuts off the wheel will not be sitting flush against the hub and you will probably get some wobble. You can't miss them when the wheel is off, although they are not typically on every stud. I can post a picture of one later if you need.
skippy77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Loki9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy77 View Post
Hey buddy. I bought procomp black conical lug nuts from 4wheelparts along with the wheels...that's all you need. You do definitely do not need hub rings.

Just make sure that you or the installer takes the push nuts off of the studs before installing the procomps. The factory wheels have cutouts for the push nuts to sit in so the the wheel sits flush on the hub. Most aftermarket wheels do not have those cutouts so take the push nuts off.

If you do not take the push nuts off the wheel will not be sitting flush against the hub and you will probably get some wobble. You can't miss them when the wheel is off, although they are not typically on every stud. I can post a picture of one later if you need.
Thank you for this info. Yes if it's no trouble, please post a pic, but if no worries if you can't.

Love your Jeep, you did well, love the color, very military looking, IMO.
Loki9 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
skippy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki9 View Post
Thank you for this info. Yes if it's no trouble, please post a pic, but if no worries if you can't.

Love your Jeep, you did well, love the color, very military looking, IMO.
I don't have pics of any on the studs, but just imagine this thing on the studs. On my Jeep there were four studs on each rear wheel with them on and two studs on each wheel in the front with them on. As you can see these would cause your new wheel to not sit flush against the hub.

skippy77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Loki9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy77 View Post
I don't have pics of any on the studs, but just imagine this thing on the studs. On my Jeep there were four studs on each rear wheel with them on and two studs on each wheel in the front with them on. As you can see these would cause your new wheel to not sit flush against the hub.

Hey thank you for doing that and for the info, this should really help me out.

Loki9 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC