10th anniversary lift. - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Bjornvick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 106
10th anniversary lift.

How much lift did you actually net on your 10th anniversary rubicon?

Bjornvick is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Jstraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mercer county
Posts: 292
Bump

Jstraw is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
kash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 266
(x-.5) where X is the lift that you want to put on should be the theoretical number.
some people got smaller springs, in which case X would be net.
but there are various factors mainly rims and tire sizes that so play a part in this question
kash is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
live_slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 666
If found a good way to compare lifts is to measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender front and rear.

For example, my lift, branded as 2", leaves me with 25" from center of the hub to the bottom of the fender both front and back (although not exact, I hate fractions)

You would do that measurement before and after. Or look at other's 10A before and after and what lift they use.

Good for a ball-park no?
__________________
IIIIII

Just another Billet Silver Metallic. It blends.
2013 | JK | 23R | 2"M | 33s on 15s |
live_slow is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Bjornvick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 106
My thing is lifts are advertised as for how much higher a sport will be. My 2.5 lift actually only netted .5 inch of lift. I was pretty disappointed to say the least. After some talking with teraflex about it I added 1 inch spacers to get a total of 1.5 out of 3.5 inches of advertised lift. According to teraflex that's basically as high as I'm able to go without worrying about driveline too much.
Bjornvick is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjornvick View Post
My thing is lifts are advertised as for how much higher a sport will be. My 2.5 lift actually only netted .5 inch of lift. I was pretty disappointed to say the least. After some talking with teraflex about it I added 1 inch spacers to get a total of 1.5 out of 3.5 inches of advertised lift. According to teraflex that's basically as high as I'm able to go without worrying about driveline too much.
To clarify: you have a 10A JKU and put a 2.5" teraflex coil lift on and only gained 0.5" in height?

I'm also planning a 2.5" lift but if I'm only getting .5" I'm going to go 3.5"
Doctorsti is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Bjornvick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 106
Yes that's what my experience was. Teraflex told me that lifts are advertised as how much it'll lift a sport. A 10a sits about 2 inches higher than a stock sport so you only get .5". This is why I started the thread. I want to know what others got from there lifts.
Bjornvick is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kev324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 248
The Teraflex 2.5" springs don't make sense to me. I installed them on my 2012 JK Sport. The 2.5" rear springs were almost the same size as the stock springs. I re-measured 2 weeks after installing my lift which showed 3.25" in the front, and 1" in the rear. But, to be fair, my measurements were taken on an asphalt driveway, not a flat concrete slab. I'm installing a 1" Teraflex rear spacer this week, which should give my JK the lift that I was expecting.
__________________
2012 JK Sport S, 3.6L, Auto, TF 2.5" coil lift & 1" Spacers, Rancho RS9000XL, RC control arm drop kit, TF monster track bar, 35" Pro Comp Radial Xtreme ATs on 16x8 AR172 Baja, ACE rear bumper & tire carrier, ACE Rock Sliders, Bushwacker Flat Fenders
kev324 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev324 View Post
The Teraflex 2.5" springs don't make sense to me. I installed them on my 2012 JK Sport. The 2.5" rear springs were almost the same size as the stock springs. I re-measured 2 weeks after installing my lift which showed 3.25" in the front, and 1" in the rear. But, to be fair, my measurements were taken on an asphalt driveway, not a flat concrete slab. I'm installing a 1" Teraflex rear spacer this week, which should give my JK the lift that I was expecting.
I had the same issue awhile back. TF sent me 1" spacers. Still don't know why it happens.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR-Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils-custom length X-Factor arms-Teraflex-Synergy steering-Rancho 5000X shocks-Adams front DS.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Bjornvick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 106
They did the same for me. Sent a set of spacers right away. They're good people to deal with and so far love there products. Just wish I'd known ahead of time that was gonna happen. In this instance the budget boost woulda gotten way more lift.
Bjornvick is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjornvick View Post
They did the same for me. Sent a set of spacers right away. They're good people to deal with and so far love there products. Just wish I'd known ahead of time that was gonna happen. In this instance the budget boost woulda gotten way more lift.
Neh... I don't know about you but like the other Poster. I was almost 4" front and after the 1" spacer averaged 3" overall.
Plus the coils will handle weight better then pucks/stock coils.

__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR-Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils-custom length X-Factor arms-Teraflex-Synergy steering-Rancho 5000X shocks-Adams front DS.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC