2.5" TeraFlex Lift Kit Installed! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
2.5" TeraFlex Lift Kit Installed!

Hey guys, I just installed my TF 2.5" lift last night and ill have to say it looks WAY better than I thought it would! It took 4 hours...from 7pm-11pm which isn't too bad.

I had decided to get the TF 2.5" kit because of great reviews ive seen and recommendations from you guys. Also a special thanks to "4fit" for recommending Northridge4x4 which gave me a great deal on everything...$978 with no tax or shipping!

What i bought:
-TF 2.5" Lift
-1.5" SpiderTrax wheel spacers
-JKS Quick Disco's (NR4x4 forgot them but they will be here tomorrow)

Now for the review...

Level of Difficulty: It was actually as very easy install. Everything was bolt on, and there was no welding or cutting required. The only few problems I had were that the bump stops from TF were too big to fit in the factory holes, so we had to pinch the tabs that held the stops in place so that we could get them up there. The front bump stops took us 1.5 hours with lube and about enough force to move a house The other thing was the rear spring retention kit. It served no purpose because the springs locked in place already, and the place that they said to install it wasn't threaded for a bolt so it would just fall out on a speed bump. The directions were pretty clear but the tools they required were some very "rare" ones such as a 18mm wrench. Other than that it was a fairly easy install. (thanks to my neighbors air impact wrench)

Appearance: This lift exceded my expectations as far as looks! It looks fantastic even with the stock wheels and 32" tires. I did add wheel spacers to give it more stability. I custom ordered the daystar shock boots from quadratec and they are very sturdy and solid and look great with the orange "Mountain" decal. The height of the jeep is just perfect, not to high and not to low and there is no rake either. Its a very solid, tough look IMO.

Performance: I havent taken it off road yet since I just did it yesterday, but on the street, the ride is FAR superior to stock! It takes bumps very well, and corners don't feel like you will slide out the door. Also since I sit up higher now, I have a greater visibility at night with the lights on. No changes in MPG as of right now.

Stats: I forgot to take pictures of the height with a tape measurer before the lift and I had the numbers but i dont anymore (no idea where they went) BUT I do have the changes.
-Front: +3.1"
-Rear: +2.5"
(both measured from ground to fender and ground to bumper)

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment
Overall, I am VERY satisfied with this lift. It gives it a great look, even with stockers, and it is a great price from NR4x4!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1183.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	63409   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1184.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	63410  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1185.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	63411   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1186.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	63412  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1187.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	63413  

__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1188.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	63414   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	63415  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1190.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	63416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	63417  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1192.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	63418  

__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
and more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1194.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	63419   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	63420  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1197.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	63421   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1200.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	63422  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1202.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	63423  
__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
and more more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	63424   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1205.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	63425  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	63426  
__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
and even more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0507.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	63427   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0509.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	63428  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	63429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0510.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	63430  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0513.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	63431  
__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
...And the finished product!

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1211.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	63432  
__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Yep, looks good!
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
YTSE JAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winterville, NC
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch127
...And the finished product!

What do you think?
Looks great! Couple of questions cause I wad going to do the same to my unlimited. Are those 32"s? Can you show a front view so I can see what the spaces look like after extending the axel?
YTSE JAM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Kspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 317
Looks awesome!!!
__________________


"It is what it is......."
Kspike is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #10
Get your Jeep dirty!!!

WF Supporting Member
 
Rogerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 762
Images: 6
Amazing what a lift can do to make a Jeep look so much better...Great job and nice looking JK.
__________________
2008 Jeep X unlimited 4" Rancho Sport lift/17x9 Black Level 8 Alloys/37-12.5-17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
2006 Jeep Rubicon 5.5" Teraflex long arm+1" body lift/17x9 Procomp 7031 Alloys/37-12.5-17 Falken Wild Peak
Rogerg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerg View Post
Amazing what a lift can do to make a Jeep look so much better...Great job and nice looking JK.
Thanks man! I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTSE JAM View Post
Looks great! Couple of questions cause I wad going to do the same to my unlimited. Are those 32"s? Can you show a front view so I can see what the spaces look like after extending the axel?
Yep they are 32's BFG M/T KM's

These are the only good ones I have right now, there is also one that I already posted:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1209.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	63478   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	63479  

__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
Just put the stickers on:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	63483   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	63484  

__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
BeantownR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 955
no cutting or welding?

did you install the rear track bar relocation bracket, you have to drill a hole for that. i installed the same kit.
BeantownR6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
I said no cutting or welding...not drilling haha. But yeah i drilled the hole.
__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 910
Looks awesome! nice job...
roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #16
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,496
If you got 3" then you probably need to look at your drive shafts. Heard of lifts beyond 2.5 affecting the shafts and or causing them to fail. MTH can chime in on this.

Looks 100x better clutch. Like night and day brother.
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Supercop260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,062
Great job! This is probably the same kit I'll end up going with.
Supercop260 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Gilly93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 92
Looking great man. Might be upgrading to this in the future.
Just have the TeraFlex leveling kit for now...
Gilly93 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
JPWheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 378
Pics or id didn't happen!

JK...looks great!
JPWheelin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Lithium Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 845
Great seeing another modded Mountain edition.
Lithium Lotus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #21
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,496
Clutch,

Did you loosen the control arm or trackbar bolts before dropping your axles?
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
Thanks guys! I really like how it turned out!

ESP123: Yes I did loosen the control arm bolts and front and rear trackbars. It tracks really straight on the road, it doesn't pull to ones side. I'm still gonna get an alignment just to fine tune everything.
__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #23
Newb
 
jawhn7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Congrats! Looks great
jawhn7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,496
I seek out your assistance if your up for it when my TF kit comes in. Talking with them this afternoon about some options.
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
TanOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 91
Looks good. Prolly gonna be the same kit I get for mine too.
TanOM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
mgerken1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 276
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch127 View Post
Hey guys, I just installed my TF 2.5" lift last night and ill have to say it looks WAY better than I thought it would! It took 4 hours...from 7pm-11pm which isn't too bad.

I had decided to get the TF 2.5" kit because of great reviews ive seen and recommendations from you guys. Also a special thanks to "4fit" for recommending Northridge4x4 which gave me a great deal on everything...$978 with no tax or shipping!

What i bought:
-TF 2.5" Lift
-1.5" SpiderTrax wheel spacers
-JKS Quick Disco's (NR4x4 forgot them but they will be here tomorrow)

Now for the review...

Level of Difficulty: It was actually as very easy install. Everything was bolt on, and there was no welding or cutting required. The only few problems I had were that the bump stops from TF were too big to fit in the factory holes, so we had to pinch the tabs that held the stops in place so that we could get them up there. The front bump stops took us 1.5 hours with lube and about enough force to move a house The other thing was the rear spring retention kit. It served no purpose because the springs locked in place already, and the place that they said to install it wasn't threaded for a bolt so it would just fall out on a speed bump. The directions were pretty clear but the tools they required were some very "rare" ones such as a 18mm wrench. Other than that it was a fairly easy install. (thanks to my neighbors air impact wrench)

Appearance: This lift exceded my expectations as far as looks! It looks fantastic even with the stock wheels and 32" tires. I did add wheel spacers to give it more stability. I custom ordered the daystar shock boots from quadratec and they are very sturdy and solid and look great with the orange "Mountain" decal. The height of the jeep is just perfect, not to high and not to low and there is no rake either. Its a very solid, tough look IMO.

Performance: I havent taken it off road yet since I just did it yesterday, but on the street, the ride is FAR superior to stock! It takes bumps very well, and corners don't feel like you will slide out the door. Also since I sit up higher now, I have a greater visibility at night with the lights on. No changes in MPG as of right now.

Stats: I forgot to take pictures of the height with a tape measurer before the lift and I had the numbers but i dont anymore (no idea where they went) BUT I do have the changes.
-Front: +3.1"
-Rear: +2.5"
(both measured from ground to fender and ground to bumper)

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment
Overall, I am VERY satisfied with this lift. It gives it a great look, even with stockers, and it is a great price from NR4x4!
CLutch that is Clutch!!! Great work, and am really happy you went with the Tera and dig it. Can't get enough of mine. Your Jeep was awesome before, but now???? Holy smokestacks.

Stellar effort....Rock on.
__________________
Every Jeep is AWESOME.

mgerken1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
Thanks again guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP123 View Post
I seek out your assistance if your up for it when my TF kit comes in. Talking with them this afternoon about some options.
Yeah man sure thing! Id love to help out. Anytime i get a chance to work on a jeep i jump on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerken1 View Post
CLutch that is Clutch!!! Great work, and am really happy you went with the Tera and dig it. Can't get enough of mine. Your Jeep was awesome before, but now???? Holy smokestacks.

Stellar effort....Rock on.
Thanks man I absolutely love this lift and am very happy with the TF products. Dude I cant get enough of yours and mine!

Just installed my JKS Quick Disco's. They came in today. Pretty easy install. Took me about an hour and a half.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1338.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	63692   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1339.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	63693  

__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #28
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,496
The quick discos look killer.
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
tommyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 115
Great lookin Jeep!!! I wanna do the same, you say it was right at about $1000? DIY
tommyb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
Clutch127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
Great lookin Jeep!!! I wanna do the same, you say it was right at about $1000? DIY
Thanks! I highly recommend this kit to anyone. And yep, it was $978 to be exact with no tax and free shipping.

__________________
Keep on rockin in the Jeep world!
Clutch127 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift Installation Video TeraFlex JK General Discussion Forum 6 05-11-2011 02:23 AM
Lift Install Help mikeyut3 New York Jeep Forum 1 10-24-2010 10:29 PM
finally installed my lift kit jwhiz27 TJ General Discussion Forum 8 03-15-2010 07:42 PM
Lift installed, have question Storm27m TJ General Discussion Forum 4 03-01-2010 06:42 PM
FT Lift installed.....pics included at no extra charge.. cavediverjc TJ General Discussion Forum 35 06-22-2008 10:53 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC