2011 Wranger Questions/Concerns - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #31
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperJake View Post
re: "s there a significant difference in amounts of footspace for rear-seat passengers between the 2dr and 4dr?"

that's easy. In the JKU there is 20" more wheel base than the JK., mostly in the rear seating area. In the JK, there is "none" for foot space. In addition, getting TO the back seat is a challenge requiring shape shifting of a cephalopod or semi cartilaginous framework akin to nimble mutant pre teen gynmastic dwarfs.

I don't know any otherwise normal size adults who have ventured into the JK backseat and returned unscathed both physically and psychologically by the experience.

As far as flinging themselves belly up on the slightest whim, unless there has been ill considered Tonka like lifts and tires sizes determined by elevated testosterone blood
levels, there usually isn't a big problem. I've gone entire weeks hereabouts without even seeing a recent Jeep-flop site near the common through fair.
Actually, I had dared to slip into the back seat of a 2dr Wrangler, and the results were as you mentioned. I posted about my back seat experience earlier in the thread. How do you move the seats so passengers in the back can get in and out?

Given that I also manage to have to carry gear from time to time, such as biking stuff, groceries, and the occasional piece of "furniture" from Ikea, the 4dr would probably benefit me better than a 2dr, but, I can't deny the "tastiness" of a 2dr for tight, wooded trails.

Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
JeeperJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888
re: "How do you move the seats so passengers in the back can get in and out?"

easy solution....move the rear seat to a storage area in the garage or woods out behind your barn and let the passengers develop whatever use tricks they want. Once they get over the notion they want to ride IN the JK in the rear, your problem is solved.

My exposure to JKs (and prior CJs) doesn't have any real solution.

I did have a 1954 Willys Overland that was about the length of a JKU. The front seat backs (split 60/40) actually flopped forward nearly completely flat, as well as being hinged on the forward floor post so there was a nearly human sized opening to scramble into the rear. Only mine didn't have a rear seat anyway. The floor space back there was long enough to roll out a sleeping pad....about like a JKU.

I know there are some kind of 'flop forward' seats on some 2 dr models, I just haven't been around them except once in a show room about a decade ago, and I got pretty claustrophobic before the dealer came to help rescue me.

I suppose child-size will find ways back there. I don't carry anybody like that around so haven't had to deal with creating an answer.

__________________
get in--buckle up--hang on
"soothing agricultural implement/personal servant/Walter Mitty multidimensional access utility device conveniently travels on pavement when necessary and often keeps me warm/cool/dry/soothed as needed."
JeeperJake is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
galaxyblur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 99
I think the 4dr is too big, and moves it into typical SUV territory, whereas the 2dr is unique and maneuverable. Yes, somewhat inconvenient for rear passengers... usually my 7 & 9 year old children. They're still tiny so they do just fine

In the 2011, I think they improved the rear space a bit and the front passenger seat moves up about as far as possible, so it's not a terrible experience.
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Detonator Yellow
galaxyblur is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 671
You can pretty much figure out the on road differences between a two door and four door JK on your test drive, so I don't think too much needs to be said about that. Unless you have an unusual relationship with a dealer you're not going to be able to take them off road on a test drive though, so I'll comment on that. I owned a 2010 two door Rubicon, and then decided to try something different, so bought a 2011 four door Rubicon. I like to go exploring in the back country essentially every weekend, so I've spent a lot of time off road with both Jeeps, both stock and modified.

The two door is noticebly easier to get down a tight trail, and it doesn't drag its belly as much because of a better breakover angle. A four door really needs tires that are about two inches taller than a two door needs, to be able to be driven off road with the same level of care. So to be the same as a stock two door you're going to want 33" tires on a four door. To match a two door with 33s, you'll want a four door with 35s, and so on. Once that is done the four door becomes very capable off road. You will still have some clearance issues from low breakover, but they are minimized with the bigger tires. And for hillclimbing the four door beats the two door hands down. A nearby very challenging rocky hillclimb that I have used to guage vehicle capability for decades showed me how capable the four door JK can be. It took me three tries to find the right line and make the hill with my two door JK last summer when the hill was dry (diffs locked, swaybar disconnected). My four door JK just CRAWLED this hill on the first attemp last sunday, with two inches of snow on the ground (diffs locked, swaybar disconnected). I have never been able to make this hill with snow on it, ever, with any of the thirty or so prior off road vehicles I've owned. I was amazed with the four door JKs ability to climb that hill so effortlessly. I'm thinking a good part of it had to be luck, but I am still VERY happy with my four door JKs off road ability.
__________________
2014 Wrangler Sport: Teraflex 3" suspension lift, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, Tom Wood 1350 driveshafts, Dynatrac Dana 60s w/ 4.56 gears and Eaton electric lockers, Warn front locking hubs, Currie Anti-rock front swaybar, Fox ATS, 35" Toyo MTs on 17x8.5 Fuel Anza's, Poison Spyder bumpers and rocker guards, Warn M8000s winch, Teraflex tailgate hinge & spare tire carrier
MOPWR2U is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPWR2U View Post
You can pretty much figure out the on road differences between a two door and four door JK on your test drive, so I don't think too much needs to be said about that. Unless you have an unusual relationship with a dealer you're not going to be able to take them off road on a test drive though, so I'll comment on that. I owned a 2010 two door Rubicon, and then decided to try something different, so bought a 2011 four door Rubicon. I like to go exploring in the back country essentially every weekend, so I've spent a lot of time off road with both Jeeps, both stock and modified.

The two door is noticebly easier to get down a tight trail, and it doesn't drag its belly as much because of a better breakover angle. A four door really needs tires that are about two inches taller than a two door needs, to be able to be driven off road with the same level of care. So to be the same as a stock two door you're going to want 33" tires on a four door. To match a two door with 33s, you'll want a four door with 35s, and so on. Once that is done the four door becomes very capable off road. You will still have some clearance issues from low breakover, but they are minimized with the bigger tires. And for hillclimbing the four door beats the two door hands down. A nearby very challenging rocky hillclimb that I have used to guage vehicle capability for decades showed me how capable the four door JK can be. It took me three tries to find the right line and make the hill with my two door JK last summer when the hill was dry (diffs locked, swaybar disconnected). My four door JK just CRAWLED this hill on the first attemp last sunday, with two inches of snow on the ground (diffs locked, swaybar disconnected). I have never been able to make this hill with snow on it, ever, with any of the thirty or so prior off road vehicles I've owned. I was amazed with the four door JKs ability to climb that hill so effortlessly. I'm thinking a good part of it had to be luck, but I am still VERY happy with my four door JKs off road ability.
I just got up to the Jeep dealer today and took out a 4dr, and "revisited" a 2dr. As for looks, I'm on the fence with them. I think 4drs with big tires look badass, and don't look stubby like the 2dr models, but then I like the idea of being able to go more places with a 2dr.

And then, of course, there's the issue of interior space. Since I would want room for gear and stuff, I would probably opt for the 4dr model over the 2dr model. I guess it's just one of those things when the 4dr has advantages over the 2dr on and off the road, and vice versa. I don't plan on rock crawling, so I guess that's not a big issue for me, and I really don't know of any trails around here for Jeeps anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

One thing about the 4dr is that it looks much smaller in pictures. In person, maybe it was the Cosmo Blue, but it looked downright BIG.

I do have family that visits from time to time, so it would be nice to have a vehicle that will fit 4 people comfortably, and I don't think that's going to happen with a 2dr Jeep. My parents are in their mid-late 60s, so I don't think that's going to work for them, amongst any adult who we actually like.

Now, I feel like if I buy one, I'm going to regret not buying the other. Anybody have a winning lottery ticket? I'd just buy them both. Problem solved.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
I'm probably older than your parents and I would NEVER buy a 2dr-or a manual tranny and Yea of the 13- 4wds I've had 5/6 ofem were 5 or 6 spd sticks--


Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
I just got up to the Jeep dealer today and took out a 4dr, and "revisited" a 2dr. As for looks, I'm on the fence with them. I think 4drs with big tires look badass, and don't look stubby like the 2dr models, but then I like the idea of being able to go more places with a 2dr.

And then, of course, there's the issue of interior space. Since I would want room for gear and stuff, I would probably opt for the 4dr model over the 2dr model. I guess it's just one of those things when the 4dr has advantages over the 2dr on and off the road, and vice versa. I don't plan on rock crawling, so I guess that's not a big issue for me, and I really don't know of any trails around here for Jeeps anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

One thing about the 4dr is that it looks much smaller in pictures. In person, maybe it was the Cosmo Blue, but it looked downright BIG.

I do have family that visits from time to time, so it would be nice to have a vehicle that will fit 4 people comfortably, and I don't think that's going to happen with a 2dr Jeep. My parents are in their mid-late 60s, so I don't think that's going to work for them, amongst any adult who we actually like.

Now, I feel like if I buy one, I'm going to regret not buying the other. Anybody have a winning lottery ticket? I'd just buy them both. Problem solved.
If you ever want to travel anywhere or tow anything --get the JKU-







YUP, couldn't survive with 2 doors

I do a lot of firearm testing/practice and carry quite a load of rifles/pistols-target/reloading equip-





Sorry for the album, but this is why I have no use for a 2dr and the auto tranny makes it so much more manageable !!

You have a big choice to make--be sure before you pull the trigger-as Nash Bridges would say !!

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
I'm probably older than your parents and I would NEVER buy a 2dr-or a manual tranny and Yea of the 13- 4wds I've had 5/6 ofem were 5 or 6 spd sticks--




If you ever want to travel anywhere or tow anything --get the JKU-







YUP, couldn't survive with 2 doors

I do a lot of firearm testing/practice and carry quite a load of rifles/pistols-target/reloading equip-





Sorry for the album, but this is why I have no use for a 2dr and the auto tranny makes it so much more manageable !!

You have a big choice to make--be sure before you pull the trigger-as Nash Bridges would say !!

JIMBO
Man, decisions, decisions... At this point, there are things I like about both, especially price-wise. I am totally on the fence, and there are things I'd like to have in both of them. I'd love to have more room in the 2dr, and at the same time, a 4dr with the maneuverability of a 2dr. As for looks, I love the look of the lifted up JKUs I've seen, but I've seen some real nice 2drs as well. The 4dr models look less prone to tip while scaling extreme terrain, and look more stable in general, but their offroad capability is also hampered by the longer wheelbase.

Okay, this is where I get banned. Is a JKU going to be any better offroad than say, a "standard" SUV, due to its longer wheelbase? I don't wanna wind up with a fancied up "mall crawler" with the reputation, but without the balls.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #38
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist
Is a JKU going to be any better offroad than say, a "standard" SUV, due to its longer wheelbase?
Of course. Would you say a JK is only better off road because of its shorter wheelbase?

Off the top of my head, a JKU is going to proffer much better underbody clearance as well as entry and departure angles than the vast majority of "regular" SUVs. Plus it's got stock skid plates and solid axles. The Rubi will also offer e-lockers, e-sway bar disconnects, and a high end suspension.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #39
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
Heh Heh, that comment wouldn't get you banned on THIS FORUM, but

I'm afraid that "better off-road" is purely relative- a very good driver can take a Subaru "Outback" where a novice takes a JKU-

The driver makes the difference and where you want to drive your jeep is what should decide your route-

I've taken my JKU Rubi on rocks/hills I COULDN'T TAKE MY XTERRA OR several years ago-

Of all my 4wds, this JKU Rubi is the greatest ALL AROUND-I've ever had-with mods !!

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #40
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Heh Heh, that comment wouldn't get you banned on THIS FORUM, but

I'm afraid that "better off-road" is purely relative- a very good driver can take a Subaru "Outback" where a novice takes a JKU-

The driver makes the difference and where you want to drive your jeep is what should decide your route-

I've taken my JKU Rubi on rocks/hills I COULDN'T TAKE MY XTERRA OR several years ago-

Of all my 4wds, this JKU Rubi is the greatest ALL AROUND-I've ever had-with mods !!

JIMBO
I've gotten to the point that I feel like, "Damn, either sh*t,
or get off the pot!"

I guess I'm just at that point where I don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong one. Part of the problem is that I'm totally "uninformed" of where I could even off-road in this area (Martinsburg, WV area), or where there are even trails to travel.

On one hand, I want a vehicle with a tight radius that WILL navigate real tight turns, but on the other hand, I also want something that can carry some gear, and has somewhat useful backseats.

Basically, I don't wanna wind up with a whole bunch of "Jeep friends," and then have to sit out of the "reindeer games" like Rudolph, because I don't have the Jeep for the job; "Sorry, a JKU won't fit back there."

Okay, I guess since I can't make up my mind, maybe I'll get opinions from the people here. These are pretty much the questions I'm pondering, and answers to all of them.

How often am I going to go offroad into extreme territory? I'm not planning on doing rock climbing at all, but I'd certainly like to go off the beaten path; fire trails from time to time, I guess. I'd like a vehicle that's able to climb over a few fallen logs, and maybe some "used to be river" areas. I guess I really don't know what I'd consider extreme, because I don't know the first thing about offroading. I've offroaded ONCE in my entire life. I wouldn't call "tearin' it up in the snow in my Subaru" going offroad.

What kind of offroad terrain would I like to ride? Snow, up and down unpaved roads (dirt, potholes) to the tops and bottoms of mountains, possibly the beach, through some low-water areas, and some mud, and possibly some fire trails.

How often do I plan on rock climbing? Never.

How often am I going to have backseat passengers? Not often, but it would be nice to have room if it's needed.

How often am I going to need a ton of room for hauling stuff in the trunk? Well, my wife and I do go on a lot of out of state trips, so we'll need room for at least a suitcase, and I need room for a huge guitar case, plus a fairly good sized amplifier box that holds two 12s (Crate G.212), because sometimes I get together with friends for a nice jam. As an example, I'd like to be able to haul home a piece of furniture from Ikea from time to time, though, if I need to.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 61
It sounds like you have gotten too much information. You are now in the phase of confusion. I have a JKU Rubicon and I have climbed rock gardens with relative ease while a TJ and JK had problems. They made it up, but their comment at the top was "You sure made that look easy". I have also been on spots that I high centered and the JK did not. I look at it this way. Of the total time I spend in my JKU, 95+% of the time I appreciate the many benefits of the Unlimited and >5% of the time a JK would have been nicer. Most of the time on the trails, I ride more comfortably than the JK and go whereever I want to. Only rarely do I wish I was shorter. Let's see now: 95% vs. 5%????? Which one do I want?? It's a no brainer for me. What is your ratio?

Edit: In the back of your mind, from what you have said, you're going to get a JKU Rubicon. You just can't get the front of your brain to tell the tongue to say it. Now go into a dark closet and repeat after me. "I'm getting an Unlimited" 10 times and then come out, get you wife, and go pick out the color!
__________________
1997 ZJ...Atlas, LA's,35's, winch, bumpers
1997 TJ, Stretched, 1 tons, Atlas, 42" Pitbulls, 350,
Crasher is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
I've got nothing more to say !!

That'll make you HAPPY !!

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
bflank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 531
Near as I can figger, you'll be fine offroad with either the JK or the JKU. From what you describe, the better agility of the 2DR would probably not be a critical factor. I'm thinking that the extra space of the 4DR would be a much bigger advantage for you than any practical disadvantages.

Pick the one you like best, buy it, and enjoy.
__________________
blflank
'09 Wrangler Unlimited X
Red with mud accents.
bflank is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #44
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
It sounds like you have gotten too much information. You are now in the phase of confusion. I have a JKU Rubicon and I have climbed rock gardens with relative ease while a TJ and JK had problems. They made it up, but their comment at the top was "You sure made that look easy". I have also been on spots that I high centered and the JK did not. I look at it this way. Of the total time I spend in my JKU 95+% of the time I appreciate the many benefits of the Unlimited and >5% of the time a JK would have been nicer. Most of the time on the trails, I ride more comfortably than the JK and go whereever I want to. Only rarely do I wish I was shorter. Let's see now: 95% vs. 5%????? Which one do I want?? It's a no brainer for me. What is your ratio?
I guess that's a very good question. I guess I want the one that "does it all." It would be wonderful if a company would design a frame that elongated when needed, and shortened when not needed, sort of like the same way a trailer (not a "mobile home" trailer...) has rooms that are motorized and extend when not traveling.

You've certainly cleared up my confusion a bit. I'd probably be in the same boat as you. I would probably prefer and appreciate the versatility of the JKU at least 90% of the time. In all honesty, it would probably be a wiser decision for me to go with the JKU, and I'm just trying to justify reasons to myself not to.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #45
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflank View Post
Near as I can figger, you'll be fine offroad with either the JK or the JKU. From what you describe, the better agility of the 2DR would probably not be a critical factor. I'm thinking that the extra space of the 4DR would be a much bigger advantage for you than any practical disadvantages.

Pick the one you like best, buy it, and enjoy.
That's my problem. I can't decide which one I like best.

After the last post prior to yours, it sounds like the 4dr would probably be the one to go with. Overall, it would probably better benefit me.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 61
Re-read my edit in #41 and follow the instructions. You'll sleep better tonight.
__________________
1997 ZJ...Atlas, LA's,35's, winch, bumpers
1997 TJ, Stretched, 1 tons, Atlas, 42" Pitbulls, 350,
Crasher is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #47
Jeeper
 
JRose73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Burke, Va
Posts: 124
This is my "limited edition" 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Islander Call of Duty Edition.......i.e.: $6 worth of stickers.

__________________
I'm Tiki Bob, and I approved this message.
JRose73 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
FlyinJeeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 401
Google search local jeep clubs in your area and go to a meet and greet. I'm sure they'll be able to tell you about the type of trails available to you, and give you advice on the best jeep to get to serve your specific needs.
FlyinJeeps is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #49
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRose73 View Post
This is my "limited edition" 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Islander Call of Duty Edition.......i.e.: $6 worth of stickers.

...But the question is, "Are you satisfied with the look of the $700 package that's worth $6?" From what I understand, you also get painted wheels, and some "aftermarket Mopar" accoutrements?

I really like the look of the CoD Jeep, but I've decided against it, and I'd like either a Natural Green or Mango Tango. I'm really liking the Mango Tango, and I think it would look totally badass with some big tires, black wheels, and a winch.
Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
InfernoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newburgh IN
Posts: 11,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
...But the question is, "Are you satisfied with the look of the $700 package that's worth $6?" From what I understand, you also get painted wheels, and some "aftermarket Mopar" accoutrements?
A COD is a Rubicon. Islanders are not. What Jrose is saying is that they have a fake COD... They removed the Islander stickers and put on some COD stickers. If you are looking at a Rubicon (which is enormous overkill for fire roads) then please excuse me for butting in... Personally I wouldn't pay the extra for the COD pkg, cause the first mod you'll want to make is tires and for that you need new wheels, so you've just dropped coin on wheels to take off and store or mess with trying to sell.... JMO of course
__________________

Dirty Mudder column covers|

'01 Wrangler Sport, Sienna Pearl Mine
'07 Rubicon 2D, Flame Red His
'11 Wrangler Sport 4D, Black Ours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Not every girl, is a Jeep girl. We're a special breed.
InfernoGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 671
A real COD Jeep is OK in my book. The graphics are subtle, the blacked out treatment is nice, and it is a sleeper of sorts because it is a Rubicon without the Rubicon decals on the hood.
__________________
2014 Wrangler Sport: Teraflex 3" suspension lift, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, Tom Wood 1350 driveshafts, Dynatrac Dana 60s w/ 4.56 gears and Eaton electric lockers, Warn front locking hubs, Currie Anti-rock front swaybar, Fox ATS, 35" Toyo MTs on 17x8.5 Fuel Anza's, Poison Spyder bumpers and rocker guards, Warn M8000s winch, Teraflex tailgate hinge & spare tire carrier
MOPWR2U is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #52
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoGirl View Post
A COD is a Rubicon. Islanders are not. What Jrose is saying is that they have a fake COD... They removed the Islander stickers and put on some COD stickers. If you are looking at a Rubicon (which is enormous overkill for fire roads) then please excuse me for butting in... Personally I wouldn't pay the extra for the COD pkg, cause the first mod you'll want to make is tires and for that you need new wheels, so you've just dropped coin on wheels to take off and store or mess with trying to sell.... JMO of course
Ah, gotcha.

You're right, that the first mod I'd wanna do is wheels and tires. It would be an absolute waste for me, but I guess it'd be nice to have a spare set of wheels.

But, no, it would kinda be a waste of money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPWR2U View Post
A real COD Jeep is OK in my book. The graphics are subtle, the blacked out treatment is nice, and it is a sleeper of sorts because it is a Rubicon without the Rubicon decals on the hood.
I like it, too. I dunno why I think it's okay for the Jeep to have a CoD package, and it's cool, but I think the "Transformers" package on the Camaro is just plain...cheesy.

Con Artist is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 Bestop/Quadratec Double Jeep Giveaway Quadratec Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 3 02-02-2011 11:01 AM
ost a pic of 2011 keys please NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7 JK General Discussion Forum 2 01-31-2011 09:03 PM
Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com Ranks 2011 Jeep Wrangler Second in Resale Value saltwaterwop General Jeep Discussion 2 11-17-2010 01:18 PM
Just bought a 2011 Wranger - My first Jeep caveatesq JK Pics Forum 11 09-19-2010 10:39 AM
2011 spy pics KBR97 JK Pics Forum 61 09-02-2010 11:07 AM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC