2012 0-60 Time Here - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #91
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto JK View Post
You evidently have no personal experience with the 3.8. It's been around a long time and has proven to be an extremely durable engine. The lack of power in the Wrangler has never been the 3.8 but rather the engine programming and the choice of gearing in the transmissions. Look at the specs between the 2011 and 2012 transmissions.. Reprogrammed the 3.8 can put out 230hp and 268ftlbs torque (thats more torque then the 3.6 BTW) and still lacks, but change the diff gears and its a totally different animal.. Kudos to Chrysler for finally addressing this issue, but they could just as easily have done it with the 3.8. The change over to the 3.6 was not about better or more power but about streamlining manufacturing and using an engine that can be used cross platform rather then the 3.8 which has been specially built just for the Wrangler.
BTW I think Chrysler's marketing scheme worked quite well. How many 07-11 Wrangler owners have they roped into trading up to a 2012.
You are incorrect.

I have friends that went from the TJ like mine, into a JK.
They were disappointed. Especially those in a 4 door.


The 4.0L Inline 6 was around in one form or another MUCH longer than the minivan engine 3.8L.
The problem is the weight gain in the JK vs the TJ (300lbs+), and essentially a similar powered engine.
Then add in an extra set of doors, and you are well north of 4000lbs.

I also am SURE that a reprogrammed 3.6 will have easily more than 310 HP, and 270-280 FtLb torque.

The "streamlining" is actually a BETTER power plant, smoother running,
more power, and increased fuel mileage.
It makes perfect sense.
The price is about 100 dollars more. Save that in fuel.
A complete WIN.

Drive one.

NEO Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #92
Support Your Member

WF Supporting Member
 
QueueCumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEO Jeep View Post
The stock Sport S GoodYear SR-A weigh 36 lbs.
The Mud Terrains are at 53Lbs.
EACH.
That is a HUGE difference in unsprung weight.
Add in the Lockers, swaybar disconnect, etc.

I guessed the low 7's before one was ever sold,
judging by the weight of a Grand Cherokee with a Pentastar at 900 lbs more.

Not bad for a box on wheels that gets 21 mpg highway.
The 53 lbs. per tire though is quite a bit when you multiply that number by between 1.7 and 2 to get the mass equivalency for the unsprung weight. The weight loss could be as high as 136 lbs. Though, that will likely only give around a .13s improvement in the 1/4 mile time, which would be significant on a vehicle with an already very low 1/4 mile time but likely insignificant in terms of the 2012 Jeeps 1/4 mile time (likely somewhere in the 14 second range since the vehicle weight is around 4K with an ~290 HP engine) to most people. So while it is a large difference in unsprung weight, it has little practical value since the Wrangler 1/4 mile times are still so slow even after a .13s improvement in 1/4 mile time.

The tread change between the two tire models, however, because the Rubicon tire has less continuous contact patch, might contribute additional 1/4 mile time improvement that exceeds those garnered by the unsprung weight changes as long as you are gauging your 1/4 mile on a surface conducive to the additional contact patch, i.e. not testing the 1/4 mile time on a surface that will illustrate the advantage of an off-road tire. I guess it depends mostly on whether the engine can utilize any additional traction offered by the road tires on the testing surfaces in question.

I would think that the difference in gear ratios between the 4.10 on my 2012 Rubicon and the 3.21 on the stock Sport S has a bigger impact than the weight differences between the two vehicles, but I'm no expert on gear ratios and would gladly defer to someone who knows more about the impact differences between these two gear ratios--If I had enough spare time right now I would Wiki it and figure it out, but I'm too tired to look it up at the moment (I've been taking a PADI online course and I'm spent...).

I'm guessing that finding a better way to accelerate my vehicle, aside from mashing the gas peddle, had more to do with the improvement in the 0-60 MPH time during my last attempt than taking the front panels off the Freedom Top had on that last attempt.

__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon 2DR, Black, Fully Loaded (except side airbags and smoker's package), Auto, 4.10 Gear Ratio.

2010 Nissan GT-R, GMG, AMS Alpha 10 kit with LC1, Toyo R888 Tires.
QueueCumber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #93
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber View Post
The 53 lbs. per tire though is quite a bit when you multiply that number by between 1.7 and 2 to get the mass equivalency for the unsprung weight. The weight loss could be as high as 136 lbs. Though, that will likely only give around a .13s improvement in the 1/4 mile time, which would be significant on a vehicle with an already very low 1/4 mile time but likely insignificant in terms of the 2012 Jeeps 1/4 mile time (likely somewhere in the 15 second range since the weight is around 5K with an ~290 HP engine) to most people. So while it is a large difference in unsprung weight, it has little practical value since the Wrangler 1/4 mile times are still so slow even after a .13s improvement in 1/4 mile time. The tread change itself, however, because the Rubicon tire has less continuous contact patch, will likely contribute additional 1/4 mile time improvement that exceeds those garnered by the unsprung weight changes as long as you are gauging your 1/4 mile on a surface conducive to the additional contact patch, i.e. not testing the 1/4 mile time on a surface that will illustrate the advantage of an off-road tire.

I would think that the difference in gear ratios between the 4.10 on my 2012 Rubicon and the 3.21 on the stock Sport S has a bigger impact than the weight differences between the two vehicles, but I'm no expert on gear ratios and would gladly defer to someone who knows more about the impact differences between these two gear ratios--If I had enough spare time right now I would Wiki it and figure it out, but I'm too tired to look it up at the moment (I've been taking a PADI online course and I'm spent...).

I'm guessing that finding a better way to accelerate my vehicle, aside from mashing the gas peddle, had more to do with the improvement in the 0-60 MPH time during my last attempt than taking the front panels off the Freedom Top had on that last attempt.

Per the 2012 Fleet guide,
the 2012 Sport 2 door weighs 3760 with a manual.
Mine being an S (larger wheels/tires @ 17") plus hardtop adds more.

The 2012 Rubicon 2 door, is at 4104 lbs.
Roughly 350 lbs more.

(Unlimited Rubi 4315 lbs)
That is substantial.

I am also spinning the 3.73 axle with Trac-Lok.
NEO Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #94
Support Your Member

WF Supporting Member
 
QueueCumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEO Jeep View Post
Per the 2012 Fleet guide,
the 2012 Sport 2 door weighs 3760 with a manual.
Mine being an S (larger wheels/tires @ 17") plus hardtop adds more.

The 2012 Rubicon 2 door, is at 4104 lbs.
Roughly 350 lbs more.

(Unlimited Rubi 4315 lbs)
That is substantial.

I am also spinning the 3.73 axle with Trac-Lok.
So you might get nearly a half a second improvement in the 1/4 mile when taking all those weight factors into consideration (sprung mass and unsprung mass differences). I'm not sure how equally distributed that performance improvement would be though, i.e. whether it would contribute greatly to the 0-60 MPH time, disperse more equally along the 1/4 mile, or add more to the 60-90 MPH time. Likewise, for all I know the gear ratio difference could eliminate any advantage the weight savings offers one vehicle over the other. Then there is still the question of contact patch differences between the tires. Assuming there is more power that can be utilized with a smoother contact patch, the Sport S may pick up some more time there as well.

If I had a 2012 Sport S with 3.73 axles I would hook up my PerformanceBox and see what kind of numbers I could get out of it. That would be the best way to see how they compare on street pavement.
__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon 2DR, Black, Fully Loaded (except side airbags and smoker's package), Auto, 4.10 Gear Ratio.

2010 Nissan GT-R, GMG, AMS Alpha 10 kit with LC1, Toyo R888 Tires.
QueueCumber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #95
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber View Post
So you might get nearly a half a second improvement in the 1/4 mile when taking all those weight factors into consideration (sprung mass and unsprung mass differences). I'm not sure how equally distributed that performance improvement would be though, i.e. whether it would contribute greatly to the 0-60 MPH time, disperse more equally along the 1/4 mile, or add more to the 60-90 MPH time. Likewise, for all I know the gear ratio difference could eliminate any advantage the weight savings offers one vehicle over the other. Then there is still the question of contact patch differences between the tires. Assuming there is more power that can be utilized with a smoother contact patch, the Sport S may pick up some more time there as well.

If I had a 2012 Sport S with 3.73 axles I would hook up my PerformanceBox and see what kind of numbers I could get out of it. That would be the best way to see how they compare on street pavement.
I would wait until the weather cools off a bit.
45 degrees is perfect, and at sea level.
Take off the Freedom Top, the doors, the rear seat, and the spare tire

What is that, 400lbs?

Drop in a K&N panel filter and upgrade the exhaust.

Let 'er rip.

0-60, sub 7 seconds.
NEO Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #96
Support Your Member

WF Supporting Member
 
QueueCumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEO Jeep View Post
I would wait until the weather cools off a bit.
45 degrees is perfect, and at sea level.
Take off the Freedom Top, the doors, the rear seat, and the spare tire

What is that, 400lbs?

Drop in a K&N panel filter and upgrade the exhaust.

Let 'er rip.

0-60, sub 7 seconds.
I'm not interested in modding my Jeep. However, I would be interested in seeing how the 2012 Rubicon (4.10 and 3.73) and Sport S (3.73 & 3.21) compare in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. I wouldn't mind being able to put some kind of metric on the differences between these two gear ratios between two different vehicles. Assuming minimal driver error in launching the cars, some interesting information could be extrapolated from the data concerning these vehicles and the gear ratios.
__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon 2DR, Black, Fully Loaded (except side airbags and smoker's package), Auto, 4.10 Gear Ratio.

2010 Nissan GT-R, GMG, AMS Alpha 10 kit with LC1, Toyo R888 Tires.
QueueCumber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #97
Jeeper
 
TwinThumbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtplt11
Why has there not been one "first drive" of the 2012 Wrangler by Car and Driver or Motor trend, etc.? I have never seen a case where the new cars are in the hands of owners before any car rag got to do a test. Anyway, thanks to all you new 2012 owners posting up your reviews.
Web review here from car connection. They list 7.7 for the 2 door and 8.4 for the 4 door.
TwinThumbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #98
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinThumbs View Post
Web review here from car connection. They list 7.7 for the 2 door and 8.4 for the 4 door.
And, here's the linky. Thanks for the heads up.

2012 Jeep Wrangler: First Drive
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #99
Jeeper
 
off a cough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 188
I predict the next year will be filled with grown men unable to hide their scorn of the 3.6l for no other reason than to justify their 3.8l in their own minds.

Seriously, guys, as grown ups, we should know that we can't always have the newest toy in the store. If you can, you are stupid wealthy and I would like to be your friend.

The 3.6l is not a Jesus Motor and it is just like the 3.8l in the at the engine was put in a Chrysler minivan *first*. The 3.8l's weaknesses and mitigating tweaks are well documented and no one should feel the need to justify their engine or suffer penis envy over it. When your turn to buy the newest toys come along maybe the diesel or the 500hp hybrid Mr. Fusion motor will be available, assuming the EPA doesn't outlaw 4WD vehicles in the next year.

Life's rough, buy a helmet.
__________________
New and shiny:
2012 JK Rubicon Unlimited 5-speed auto

Gone but not forgotten:
2004 TJ Rubicon 5-speed manual

off a cough is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #100
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by off a cough
i predict the next year will be filled with grown men unable to hide their scorn of the 3.6l for no other reason than to justify their 3.8l in their own minds.

Seriously, guys, as grown ups, we should know that we can't always have the newest toy in the store. If you can, you are stupid wealthy and i would like to be your friend.

The 3.6l is not a jesus motor and it is just like the 3.8l in the at the engine was put in a chrysler minivan *first*. The 3.8l's weaknesses and mitigating tweaks are well documented and no one should feel the need to justify their engine or suffer penis envy over it. When your turn to buy the newest toys come along maybe the diesel or the 500hp hybrid mr. Fusion motor will be available, assuming the epa doesn't outlaw 4wd vehicles in the next year.

Life's rough, buy a helmet.
x 1000
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #101
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by off a cough View Post
I predict the next year will be filled with grown men unable to hide their scorn of the 3.6l for no other reason than to justify their 3.8l in their own minds.

Seriously, guys, as grown ups, we should know that we can't always have the newest toy in the store. If you can, you are stupid wealthy and I would like to be your friend.

The 3.6l is not a Jesus Motor and it is just like the 3.8l in the at the engine was put in a Chrysler minivan *first*. The 3.8l's weaknesses and mitigating tweaks are well documented and no one should feel the need to justify their engine or suffer penis envy over it. When your turn to buy the newest toys come along maybe the diesel or the 500hp hybrid Mr. Fusion motor will be available, assuming the EPA doesn't outlaw 4WD vehicles in the next year.

Life's rough, buy a helmet.
I am guilty ...lol. I looked up videos, the new engine is a major improvement, the supercharged 3.8L still looked as if it was a bit slower than NA pentastar. Even as I KNOW my post are what this comment was geared at ...... I must admit, you are right.


NEO and Q-Cumber, the weight of my Jeep, per our scale here at work, is exactly 4600 lbs, with exactly 50/50 wieght distribution if this helps ya'll. I wonder why mine is 300 lbs heavier than ChryCo says, all I have added is steps and 285/70/17's to it, with some alloy wheels that weight about the same as stock? Mine is an "S" by the way... I wonder if the Rubi is even ehavier than that with the new larger Auto? That motor is kicking ass if it moves the JKU Rubi that is north of my 4600 lbs @ 8.4/ 0-60!
__________________
-Justin
TxF150 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #102
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxF150

I am guilty ...lol. I looked up videos, the new engine is a major improvement, the supercharged 3.8L still looked as if it was a bit slower than NA pentastar. Even as I KNOW my post are what this comment was geared at ...... I must admit, you are right.

NEO and Q-Cumber, the weight of my Jeep, per our scale here at work, is exactly 4600 lbs, with exactly 50/50 wieght distribution if this helps ya'll. I wonder why mine is 300 lbs heavier than ChryCo says, all I have added is steps and 285/70/17's to it, with some alloy wheels that weight about the same as stock? Mine is an "S" by the way... I wonder if the Rubi is even ehavier than that with the new larger Auto? That motor is kicking ass if it moves the JKU Rubi that is north of my 4600 lbs @ 8.4/ 0-60!
We are losing you
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #103
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
We are losing you
Nah, not really. I like the simplicity of my 3.8L, drove it to work this morning even though it is slower than my work truck. Just like driving my Jeep, just came to the consensus...that I am basing my rationale off of NOTHING! the newer motor just has more power, and on Youtube I was ble to scratch up one 0-60 of a 2012, and a few of supercharged 3.8L.....the Penta gives it a run man

Cannot deny the vast improvement any longer, but nonetheless...I am very happy with my Jeep and defintely would NOT trade it in for a Penta, nothing against it, just happy with my rig right now.

I just HAVE to admit defeat, when defeated and armed with theory, and nothing else. Sucks, but it had to be done. It sounds strange, but I really don't like damaging creditbility here, gotta man up. Just how it is sometimes.... unfortunately. maybe a supercharge or regear is in the future for her, if no diesel shows up on our shores.
__________________
-Justin
TxF150 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #104
Support Your Member

WF Supporting Member
 
QueueCumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
We are losing you
I was in South Norwalk movie theater parking lot last night and passed a black Rubicon.

Are you in and around Fairfield?
__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon 2DR, Black, Fully Loaded (except side airbags and smoker's package), Auto, 4.10 Gear Ratio.

2010 Nissan GT-R, GMG, AMS Alpha 10 kit with LC1, Toyo R888 Tires.
QueueCumber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #105
Jeeper
 
SRPs 2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10to10 View Post
0-60 times for a wrangler...really? I mean really?
x1
SRPs 2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #106
Support Your Member

WF Supporting Member
 
QueueCumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 200
I'm not sure why some folks are having a hard time understanding that 0-60 time is about more than going fast; it is a metric that describes power translation to the wheels for the most useful acceleration spectrum of a vehicle used in everyday driving. This metric is useful for understanding real world power capability in ALL road conditions. I'm not sure why people struggle so much with this idea.

A nice bonus, as per the article link above, is that crawling is improved in the 2012 as well. I guess we can have our cake and eat it too...
__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon 2DR, Black, Fully Loaded (except side airbags and smoker's package), Auto, 4.10 Gear Ratio.

2010 Nissan GT-R, GMG, AMS Alpha 10 kit with LC1, Toyo R888 Tires.
QueueCumber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #107
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
And, here's the linky. Thanks for the heads up.

2012 Jeep Wrangler: First Drive


Thank you for the information and the link!
NEO Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #108
Support Your Member

WF Supporting Member
 
QueueCumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 200
I'm still working on posting the VBOX time for the 7.7. I'm hoping it recorded a 1/4 mile time as well, but I don't have my hopes up on the latter. I just switched from the GTech to this box and I haven't figured out how to set up the 1/4 mile settings correctly...

Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to download OS X Lion and install it, which consequently made my Bootcamp manager not work (no more Windows partition, which is what I need to install and run the VBOX software) and also stopped almost all my peripherals from working (camera, backup HD, etc.).
__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon 2DR, Black, Fully Loaded (except side airbags and smoker's package), Auto, 4.10 Gear Ratio.

2010 Nissan GT-R, GMG, AMS Alpha 10 kit with LC1, Toyo R888 Tires.
QueueCumber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #109
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber
I'm not sure why some folks are having a hard time understanding that 0-60 time is about more than going fast; it is a metric that describes power translation to the wheels for the most useful acceleration spectrum of a vehicle used in everyday driving. This metric is useful for understanding real world power capability in ALL road conditions. I'm not sure why people struggle so much with this idea.

A nice bonus, as per the article link above, is that crawling is improved in the 2012 as well. I guess we can have our cake and eat it too...
I understand you completely. Having a manual, I get more out of my 3.8- the automatic trans with the higher gears kills it.
I would use first-stubble for 2nd and cars would be stuck to my rear, or i would cut somebody off merging onto a busy street or highway.
For a while I was starting in 2nd, but now I'm back to using first and smoothy catching 2nd and getting up to speed quicker.
But I still have to get on it just to blend in with today's a**holes on the road, and risk getting into an accident.
I'm understanding the 0-60 more and more, but do have to admit that it used as bragging rights sometimes. That's when somebody is first to point out "it's a jeep" and then a war starts.
Did I make sense? Lol
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #110
Support Your Member

WF Supporting Member
 
QueueCumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
I'm understanding the 0-60 more and more, but do have to admit that it used as bragging rights sometimes. That's when somebody is first to point out "it's a jeep" and then a war starts.
Did I make sense? Lol
Yeah. I don't think people are bragging about it though. I think people are excited about the performance gains.
__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon 2DR, Black, Fully Loaded (except side airbags and smoker's package), Auto, 4.10 Gear Ratio.

2010 Nissan GT-R, GMG, AMS Alpha 10 kit with LC1, Toyo R888 Tires.
QueueCumber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #111
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,442
This was posted on the 2012 ordering thread by Omar Brännström:

Don't know why it jumps to original posting page??? Just close the new tab that opens to watch the video???

__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #112
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,313
Old 08-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #113
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 147
That video is impressive
Bronsonbull is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #114
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 97
2012 Jeep Wrangler First Test - Motor Trend

MotorTrend got 6.7 seconds out of the 2 door.
Black2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #115
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2012
2012 Jeep Wrangler First Test - Motor Trend

MotorTrend got 6.7 seconds out of the 2 door.
I believe it. Always wondered how they do the test. Auto you just Jam on it.
But with a stick, it took some time for me to learn how to drive it in the jeep. Especially with a low first gear. Now I'm able to quickly (smoothy) shift up through the gears staying in it's power band.
Gotta do what I gotta do with my crappy 3.8 right?

6.7 that is very impressive
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #116
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber

I was in South Norwalk movie theater parking lot last night and passed a black Rubicon.

Are you in and around Fairfield?
Sorry--I'm in Windsor locks.
was down in Bristol area yesterday.
Not sure where Fairfield is.

Edit: a wee bit off lol

Nope-- wasn't me
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #117
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2012 View Post
2012 Jeep Wrangler First Test - Motor Trend

MotorTrend got 6.7 seconds out of the 2 door.

I couldn't seem to find what axle ratio that test was. It said it was a Sport, so it's either the 3.27 or the 3.73.
sirrobin4ever is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #118
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrobin4ever

I couldn't seem to find what axle ratio that test was. It said it was a Sport, so it's either the 3.27 or the 3.73.
w/ 4.10's man-o-man
Might take on my bro's civic
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #119
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
w/ 4.10's man-o-man
Might take on my bro's civic
"universally considered a dog"...

6.7 seconds?

I TOLD you guys it was quick.

Not bragging, but I LOVE IT!
NEO Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #120
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrobin4ever View Post
I couldn't seem to find what axle ratio that test was. It said it was a Sport, so it's either the 3.27 or the 3.73.
As an aside,

The 4.10 axle may not make the Wrangler any quicker to 60 if it requires an additional gearshift (before reaching that point) versus the 3.73.

NEO Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
2012 wrangler , 2012 wrangler 0-60

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buy 2011 Wrangler Sahara or wait for 2012? Oswyn JK General Discussion Forum 23 02-05-2011 01:12 PM
Best time in a long time BANGER General Jeep Discussion 2 12-16-2010 09:02 PM
10 Best Car Repair Tools of All Time larphead General Jeep Discussion 14 07-24-2009 05:29 PM
Meet Cory the well driller (political) skeeter Off-Topic 5 10-30-2008 02:54 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC