2012 3.6L Tuner Released FINALLY! - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
Ltblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post
It comes preloaded with multiple tune options (note doing this will void your engine warranty if caught with the tune in and an engine problem).

Diablo is claiming 20hp and 15 trq...based on my personal experiences with my Challenger my gains there were real close to their claims so I would expect the same here. Just as important is the improvemnet to shift points, throttle booster mapping (makes it respond better), improved MPH..etc....

fun isn't cheap...$600 bucks.
Damn. I just spent $669 on a Volcano digital vaporizer.. Oh well, guess it'll be on the wish list.

Ltblue is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson

Sorry man..I think I need a forum break. Sometimes it just feels like you post the simplest thing and it turns into a debate on the pros or the cons or gets deep into what if's and hypotheticals instead of just sharing info and having fun...long day. Didn't mean to point.
There is a fine line between sharing info/discussing AND seemingly attacking the OP or other comments. I've yet to find that line, whether posting or replying (its highly subjective due to text not conveying tone and human interpretation and some other variables! LOL

__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltblue

Damn. I just spent $669 on a Volcano digital vaporizer.. Oh well, guess it'll be on the wish list.
It's the load that's gonna set you back not initial investment. Ha ha
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #34
Jeeper
 
Ltblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post
It's the load that's gonna set you back not initial investment. Ha ha
I have no idea what you are talking about I will be using it for essences.
Ltblue is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #35
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltblue

I have no idea what you are talking about I will be using it for essences.
Lol
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #36
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 125
@ Elarson

The 20 up 15 tq claim. Did they post dynos or anything? I am just skeptical until I see numbers. IMHO 599 is worth it if that claim is true.

Chris
Renegade4x4 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #37
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Interesting... looking forward to the reviews!
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 235
The Trinity does have the functionality some folks would not want though, similar to what my G-Tech unit performs.


It's interesting they are discontinuing the Predator, which I remember being a couple hundred $'s cheaper and without the fancy gauges.
BLK2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
JKjingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 208
I'll definitely be waiting on this. I'm too scared to lose my warranty something ill probably do in 5 years when the warranties up and the tunes are cheaper
JKjingle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
Blackpearl14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Has anybody tried the hypertech interceptor ? Interceptor - Hypertech

From the looks of it the unit can be removed before dealer visits and leaves not footprint for the dealers to find. Granted you would not get all of the cool locker, sway bar, and shift point stuff.
Here is an email I got from the company.


James

We have not yet released the Interceptor for the Jeep, we will
soon but no exact release date at this time. We will not have the dyno
chart details available until released. I've entered your contact
information so you'll be notified once ready. Thanks

Jim
Blackpearl14 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17
I'm very interested to hear of any mileage gains. Please let us know.

Thanks,
-Dan
__________________
WikiOverland, the encyclopedia of Overland Travel - Everything you need to know to travel with a car or motorbike across a country, continent or the world.
The Road Chose Me - Driving a Jeep TJ from Alaska to Argentina
grecy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
Matador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson

It comes preloaded with multiple tune options (note doing this will void your engine warranty if caught with the tune in and an engine problem).

Diablo is claiming 20hp and 15 trq...based on my personal experiences with my Challenger my gains there were real close to their claims so I would expect the same here. Just as important is the improvemnet to shift points, throttle booster mapping (makes it respond better), improved MPH..etc....

fun isn't cheap...$600 bucks.
I'm sorry but I'm going to call BS on this. There's mo way a chip tuning can yield that much of a gain with a NA engine. The only way your going to push those type of numbers is through forced air compression through a supercharger or turbo. From a chip tuning with corresponding intake and exhaust your going to be lucky if you break a 10hp gain. This has been an argument since the beginning of time with NA engine, without major head work or forced compression your not changing much. All these chips due is play with the fuel mapping and shifting point to give your butt Dino the sense that you've gained 20hp. But hey, it's your money.
__________________
-Lou
'12 JK Rubicon
Matador is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Dick Blonov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal (the big one)
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
I'm sorry but I'm going to call BS on this.
Major BS. This thing only farts with inputs from various sensors. Might as well buy a ricer sticker and call it a day. Don't like the shift points? use the slap stick.


DB
Dick Blonov is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
Elarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador

I'm sorry but I'm going to call BS on this. There's mo way a chip tuning can yield that much of a gain with a NA engine. The only way your going to push those type of numbers is through forced air compression through a supercharger or turbo. From a chip tuning with corresponding intake and exhaust your going to be lucky if you break a 10hp gain. This has been an argument since the beginning of time with NA engine, without major head work or forced compression your not changing much. All these chips due is play with the fuel mapping and shifting point to give your butt Dino the sense that you've gained 20hp. But hey, it's your money.
So what was the value you added to a discussion you obiously had no interest in? Why not just pass it by rather than puke your word out when you have no grounds to stand on? Guess what i have a custom challenger with a hemi and access to a dyno so I have clear docs from when I tuned it that the gain was 26hp and 31 torque using a custom tune done by a pro tuner. Stop at lingfelter motor sports in detroit and you can see a wall of documented proof of what they can do with a tune as well. Your right. My money so go spend time on a topic where you might enjoy yourself more and us less.
__________________
Eric

CLICK HERE FOR MY BUILD THREAD:
Elarson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Elarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Blonov

Major BS. This thing only farts with inputs from various sensors. Might as well buy a ricer sticker and call it a day. Don't like the shift points? use the slap stick.

DB
Took a look at the name on this one. Go figure.
__________________
Eric

CLICK HERE FOR MY BUILD THREAD:
Elarson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 6,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post
So what was the value you added to a discussion you obiously had no interest in? Why not just pass it by rather than puke your word out when you have no grounds to stand on? Guess what i have a custom challenger with a hemi and access to a dyno so I have clear docs from when I tuned it that the gain was 26hp and 31 torque using a custom tune done by a pro tuner. Stop at lingfelter motor sports in detroit and you can see a wall of documented proof of what they can do with a tune as well. Your right. My money so go spend time on a topic where you might enjoy yourself more and us less.
can you post your befor and after dyno charts with run conditions etc? thanks.
jadmt is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
Elarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
can you post your befor and after dyno charts with run conditions etc? thanks.
You mean for the Jeep? Having solid experience in these things and given this isn't a sports car, I wasn't planning on making the drive and paying for the dyno time for the Jeep. I will post my honest impressions on if this was a waste of money IMO or if I would do it again with this vs. a 400hp hemi...

Cool thing is it's the same tuner for the 392 hemi in the 2012 Challenger which is my next project now that the tuning is available and the superchargers will be out soon enough.
__________________
Eric

CLICK HERE FOR MY BUILD THREAD:
Elarson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 6,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post
You mean for the Jeep? Having solid experience in these things and given this isn't a sports car, I wasn't planning on making the drive and paying for the dyno time for the Jeep. I will post my honest impressions on if this was a waste of money IMO or if I would do it again with this vs. a 400hp hemi...

Cool thing is it's the same tuner for the 392 hemi in the 2012 Challenger which is my next project now that the tuning is available and the superchargers will be out soon enough.
no for the Challenger.
jadmt is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
Elarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
no for the Challenger.
Oh..sorry yes I can!! As soon as I get a chance tomorrow or so I will dig them out and post them here!!
__________________
Eric

CLICK HERE FOR MY BUILD THREAD:
Elarson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Butte, MT
Posts: 31
Does it allow lockers in 4high? Any clue when they will be out for the 2013s?
Brasco20 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
MichiganJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 286
I believe the 3.6L Pentastar in the Chargers and Ram Trucks is around 305 HP so I guess I could see where a tune could reach those numbers. Usually reductions in HP is because of intake and exhaust manifold designs in order to fit in a certain vehicle. I guess its possible that JEEP de-tuned the Pentastar for the Wrangler.

MichiganJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC