2012 Wrangler & June 2nd - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #61
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerTX View Post
not shure but there will be not yellow wrangler right? that sucks.
Seems like there won't be, at least initially. But we'll find out Thursday I guess. I was really hoping for Detonator Yellow, but I guess I'll go Green. I can't wait to see if they launch a mid year color, my 02 Grand Cherokee is starting to get to the point where it will be expensive to maintain.

ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,283
I'd like to see them offer it in a Gray.

demarpaint is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #63
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
tha sista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 100
Pat my husband has his eye on a jeep truck. Any idea when those will come out? We drove to Atlanta to buy my jk. We will be coming to Illinois for our next one. I've appreciated reading your posts!
tha sista is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #64
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: nw fla
Posts: 20
Detonator yellow was not my first choice, (black!) but you will not regret it! If I had a buck for each time a cute girl says "that just looks like fun" she would be paid for! (the Jeep)
slypops is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #65
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha sista View Post
Pat my husband has his eye on a jeep truck. Any idea when those will come out? We drove to Atlanta to buy my jk. We will be coming to Illinois for our next one. I've appreciated reading your posts!
Nothing confirmed, lots of rumors right now. Hoping we'll hear something real in the next few months.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #66
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
sandbaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep View Post
You can use the TL # on an order. It is 1% of invoice under invoice, but the dealer gets back 2% of invoice. So my deal is I pass on the full 2%. So that way I end up back at invoice not over invoice. It's an easy deal with no bs, no games no back and forth.
Pat, how does the tread lightly discount compare to a corporate affiliate/fleet discount?
sandbaja is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #67
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbaja View Post
Pat, how does the tread lightly discount compare to a corporate affiliate/fleet discount?
It's all the same. All are 1% of invoice under invoice. Because the dealer gets back 2% of invoice I give the full 2%.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #68
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
sandbaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep View Post
It's all the same. All are 1% of invoice under invoice. Because the dealer gets back 2% of invoice I give the full 2%.
Thanks! Would you believe I have asked that question for several months and you are the first to give a straight answer. A hat tip to you!
sandbaja is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #69
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Pat have 2012 invoice prices been published ?
pbkirby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #70
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbaja View Post
Thanks! Would you believe I have asked that question for several months and you are the first to give a straight answer. A hat tip to you!
Just wait til you ask about lifts, tires and regearing. the wealth of knowledge here will absolutely surprise you.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #71
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkirby View Post
Pat have 2012 invoice prices been published ?
Not yet, I don't know if we'll even have pricing when we are able to order.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #72
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep

Not yet, I don't know if we'll even have pricing when we are able to order.
How does that work then? When do u negotiate price? Do u take a deposit at ordering time? Is it refundable? I know u specifically don't negotiate price u just give a good deal. I mean in general.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #73
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrugby View Post
How does that work then? When do u negotiate price? Do u take a deposit at ordering time? Is it refundable? I know u specifically don't negotiate price u just give a good deal. I mean in general.
sometimes pricing isn't available when ordering first opens. It becomes available before the vehicle comes in. You do usually leave a deposit. In IL unless you sign something saying your deposit is not refundable you get it back. I would check with your states AG website. IL AG site has the laws for that right there online. I point my customers to it all of the time.

If you want one of the first ones you might have to order without knowing the price and then go back in to negotiate before it hits the dealership. Find a good dealer that isn't going to make you leave a non refundable deposit and order from them.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #74
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep

sometimes pricing isn't available when ordering first opens. It becomes available before the vehicle comes in. You do usually leave a deposit. In IL unless you sign something saying your deposit is not refundable you get it back. I would check with your states AG website. IL AG site has the laws for that right there online. I point my customers to it all of the time.

If you want one of the first ones you might have to order without knowing the price and then go back in to negotiate before it hits the dealership. Find a good dealer that isn't going to make you leave a non refundable deposit and order from them.
Thanks. I'll probably try to negotiate a relative price at time of order, like 2% of invoice below invoice. If I recall some guy on here offers that deal standard . Hopefully that will work.

I also have a trade of an 02 Grand Cherokee. I'll probably negotiate that up front, see if I get a price I like. If not, I may hold to sell myself.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #75
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
When ordering, how do you pick options without knowing what options are available? Or how much they cost? I would not want to build a jeep, only to find out the upgraded stereo I picked adds 3K to the price of the Jeep. Even though I know I could then get my deposit back, I would have no Jeep and would have waited 2-3 months for nothing.

Thanks for the help. I am very close to pulling the trigger on this. Will be my 3rd Wrangler.
MARider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #76
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARider View Post
When ordering, how do you pick options without knowing what options are available? Or how much they cost? I would not want to build a jeep, only to find out the upgraded stereo I picked adds 3K to the price of the Jeep. Even though I know I could then get my deposit back, I would have no Jeep and would have waited 2-3 months for nothing.

Thanks for the help. I am very close to pulling the trigger on this. Will be my 3rd Wrangler.
First - welcome.

Second, the dealer will know the options. It looks like the options will all be the same as the 2011. Just a new engine and new auto transmission. Pricing sounds likely to stay the same, except a rise in base for th engine and maybe a higher price on automatic.

Third, pricing will likely come out in Mid-July, production doesn't even start until July 25th. We should know pricing before production starts. Will you be able to change your order at that time? I have no clue, but at least they won't have begun to build it. Of course things may not work out perfectly where pricing comes first, but I recall Milous posting elsewhere that it's typical to have pricing mid-July and Production end of July.

I'd go to Jeep.com and build a 2011. Then assume a bit more (although they curiously raised the Base price already).
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #77
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
DamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 78
Have been waiting too long for the new engine / transmission so ready to order a 2012 ASAP. Will the order bank open tomorrow as scheduled?
DamMan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #78
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamMan View Post
Have been waiting too long for the new engine / transmission so ready to order a 2012 ASAP. Will the order bank open tomorrow as scheduled?
Last word was it might move to the 6th, it might not. I think Pat mentioned his ordering system had the 6th as the first available ordering date.
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #79
KGP
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
@ Pat and dealer reps; Assuming order on the 6th, what's your best guesstimate for a delivery date? Iv'e been ready to purchase a JKU for a few weeks now, but have held off to see the 2012 info. I hate to give up an entire summer, but maybe the penestar and tranny would be worth it...
KGP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #80
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGP
@ Pat and dealer reps; Assuming order on the 6th, what's your best guesstimate for a delivery date? Iv'e been ready to purchase a JKU for a few weeks now, but have held off to see the 2012 info. I hate to give up an entire summer, but maybe the penestar and tranny would be worth it...
Not Pat or a dealer, however you won't get your ride until late August/start of September. Production doesn't even start until around July 25th.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #81
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Just listened to a conference call for June incentives/marketing, June 6th is order date according to Chrysler Midwest HQ.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #82
KGP
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Thanks, guys. Didn't even realize it but a dealer near me is offering 2% below invoice with no haggles. I guess I just need to decide if I want to wait, or try to get a bit more off on an 11.
KGP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #83
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep
Just listened to a conference call for June incentives/marketing, June 6th is order date according to Chrysler Midwest HQ.
Thanks Pat!! Monday it is...
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #84
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cross Lanes, WV
Posts: 65
Thanks for the info Pat. At least now we have good info from a solid person directly from the company. If I don't order, I'll drive out to see you when I'm ready to buy.
hedley-lamarr08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,283
Good info here. I want to actually see one, and get an exact price, the late August Sept date works out perfectly for me.

Any idea when Jeep will be showing the 2012 Wrangler on their site?
demarpaint is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #86
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarpaint View Post
Good info here. I want to actually see one, and get an exact price, the late August Sept date works out perfectly for me.

Any idea when Jeep will be showing the 2012 Wrangler on their site?
Last year we didn't see Spy shots until July 23rd. Official Jeep pictures and website update were sometime in late August I believe. So, long after ordering and probably as the new vehicles are arriving at dealers.

All signs point to it looking exactly the same, except under the hood and the new paint.
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2011, 04:37 AM   #87
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,283
Thanks ndrugby, that should work just fine for me. I'll be following this thread closely!
demarpaint is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #88
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrugby View Post
(although they curiously raised the Base price already).
The price increase was implemented early last month, and is commonly done near the end of the model year. The Sahara's went up $550 and the Rubicon's $625 (including a $50 increase for Destination). One advantage of this "pricing action" is that a lesser price increase can be advertised/promoted for the new model year vs the old. Other increases happen along the way during the model year. So the true year-to-year increase is obtained by comparing the prices at the beginning of the model year. But, they often rearrange equipment and options which can make an accurate comparison very difficult.
Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #89
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous
The price increase was implemented early last month, and is commonly done near the end of the model year.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight. I have the original 2011 MSRP and Invoice data stored, so I should be able to see a more accurate year over year increase.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #90
Jeeper
 
Dylanjwhall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 643
1) June 2nd,
2) Rubicon, Manual
3)Cosmo Blue, secondary: Burnt orange or the new orange color?
4) Half Doors,full doors, soft, and hard top
5) Tan leather =D

__________________
2012 Rubicon Silver 2" AEV spacer kit

'71 Firebird

Semper Paratus
Dylanjwhall is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The History Of The Jeep Wrangler BigKahunaBurger Off-Topic 6 09-02-2011 05:12 PM
2012 Wrangler ordering early (Bloomberg/Allpar)? AgtSunshine JK General Discussion Forum 26 05-16-2011 02:03 PM
When will we have full details about the 2012 Wrangler jz68 JK General Discussion Forum 6 03-21-2011 09:54 AM
Fellow Ohio Jeepers Help fick15 Ohio Jeep Forum 11 01-19-2010 10:56 PM
2008 Wrangler Purchase soupy1957 JK Pics Forum 23 11-22-2007 04:48 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC