2012 Wrangler & June 2nd - Page 436 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #13051
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane62

Latest update: Release From Industry today and will be loaded on the railcar tomorrow. Best part is the delivery to my dealer has been MOVED UP to 10/04! As seamless as my experience has been, it's shocking to heat about all the BS that some of the other forum members have reported.

The best to everyone still waiting...
Same here. My status is the same as yours now.

__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Silver | 4.10 Gears | Hard Top | Connectivity | Remote Start

-Faulty driver side head replaced at 23,000 miles
-New AB head possibly faulty and being replaced at 29,000 miles
Rubicon_Jim is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #13052
Jeeper
 
scapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAHAHA

Dude, idda gave yuh $16K cash if you'da called me.
Doh! I threw up a craigslist ad and eBay motors ad for a week, got one offer for full price from someone in Norway (didn't trust them) and someone else who never wrote back. I probably only needed another week...

__________________
O||||||O

My Jeep History:
Current Jeep: 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Black
Retired Jeeps: 1998 Wrangler Sahara, Black
2005 Wrangler Rubicon, Black
scapp is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #13053
Jeeper
 
scapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAHAHA

Dude, idda gave yuh $16K cash if you'da called me.
Carmax offered 13,000.. They had similar models listed for 21-23K..
__________________
O||||||O

My Jeep History:
Current Jeep: 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Black
Retired Jeeps: 1998 Wrangler Sahara, Black
2005 Wrangler Rubicon, Black
scapp is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #13054
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Posts: 114
Fianally got mine home. And the ARB front bumper and winch,, real LoD bumper and the KC lights all switched over. Wed. the 3" Traflex lift and Bilstein 5100 shocks will go on and next Saturday the 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers will go on. Getting closer




__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon/Auto/4:10's/3 inch teraflex with 4 flex arms/ bilstein 5100 shocks,
35/12.50-17 Nitto Trail Grabbers
ARB front bumper/LoD rear bumper/2 130 watt KC driving lights -2 130 watt KC spot's/ ARB diff covers/ Warn 9.5Ti winch/coast front drive shaft/JKS front track bar/ACE rock rails/EVO ProTek skid system/
hdrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #13055
Jeeper
 
schj98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Harrisburg, NC
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrider
Fianally got mine home. And the ARB front bumper and winch,, real LoD bumper and the KC lights all switched over. Wed. the 3" Traflex lift and Bilstein 5100 shocks will go on and next Saturday the 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers will go on. Getting closer
Nice! Love the bumper.

Congrats!
__________________
2012 Wrangler Sport 2Dr
Deep Cherry Red
schj98 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #13056
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by schj98 View Post
Nice! Love the bumper.

Congrats!
x2

Cheers
Chris
Bloke is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #13057
Jeeper
 
bigegriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 97
Just got home from the LSU vs. WVU game to find an email saying my Jeep has departed the facility, so that cheered up the night. Fun game, crazy loud, not as lopsided as it looks. Anyway, hopefully that means my new Jeep will be here tomorrow or Monday. Can't wait to join the ranks of the delivered!
__________________
Current
-12 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black, Manual, ACE Rock Rails
Retired
-97 TJ SE, Lapis Blue (Jun 1998 - Jan 2002)
-97 TJ Sport, Emerald Green (Nov 2001 - Sept 2011)
bigegriff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-25-2011, 01:07 AM   #13058
Jeeper
 
seanpholman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrider View Post
Fianally got mine home. And the ARB front bumper and winch,, real LoD bumper and the KC lights all switched over. Wed. the 3" Traflex lift and Bilstein 5100 shocks will go on and next Saturday the 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers will go on. Getting closer

Tell me what you did to move the vacuum actuator for the front bumper install.

Thanks,

--Sean
seanpholman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #13059
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpholman View Post
Tell me what you did to move the vacuum actuator for the front bumper install.

Thanks,

--Sean
Nothing,, the bumper fit right on.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon/Auto/4:10's/3 inch teraflex with 4 flex arms/ bilstein 5100 shocks,
35/12.50-17 Nitto Trail Grabbers
ARB front bumper/LoD rear bumper/2 130 watt KC driving lights -2 130 watt KC spot's/ ARB diff covers/ Warn 9.5Ti winch/coast front drive shaft/JKS front track bar/ACE rock rails/EVO ProTek skid system/
hdrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #13060
Jeeper
 
Leonidas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 400
I got a trade in offer in writing when I ordered my Jeep as a safety net. I then sold my Jeep on Craigs list to the first person for my asking price. I sold it for $1500 more than the trade in offer. Even though I ordered my Jeep and at the time it was set for a couple months out, the dealer said they would honor the trade in price, but they told me I should try to sell it on my own. The dealer told me that lifts and wheels and tires ( mods) are hard to add to trade ins, they pretty much have to look at trade value because people coming in to buy a five year old Jeep don't have $15k to pay cash and banks only finance book values, not mod values. Seemed to make sense.
__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Sahara Tan, 6 Speed
Leonidas is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #13061
Jeeper
 
bigegriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 97
Dove by the dealership this morning and there she sat! Guess they just have to check her over and then I can go pick her up!!

Like Christmas morning when I was 5. Pictures to come.
__________________
Current
-12 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black, Manual, ACE Rock Rails
Retired
-97 TJ SE, Lapis Blue (Jun 1998 - Jan 2002)
-97 TJ Sport, Emerald Green (Nov 2001 - Sept 2011)
bigegriff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #13062
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 325
My jeep was suppose to be loaded on a railcar on Friday and depart on the same day. Then it was pushed back until Saturday, then Sunday then Monday, and I check today and now its for Tuesday....ahhhhhh, has anyone elses status been doing this?
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Silver | 4.10 Gears | Hard Top | Connectivity | Remote Start

-Faulty driver side head replaced at 23,000 miles
-New AB head possibly faulty and being replaced at 29,000 miles
Rubicon_Jim is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #13063
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon_Jim
My jeep was suppose to be loaded on a railcar on Friday and depart on the same day. Then it was pushed back until Saturday, then Sunday then Monday, and I check today and now its for Tuesday....ahhhhhh, has anyone elses status been doing this?
It's normal. Dates move constantly. The future stuff is just a set of bad guesses.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #13064
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared1956 View Post
Mines on the same train!! Where did you buy from? I bought mine from Royal Gate in Columbia Illinois.
Royal Gate on Manchester in St. Louis. Looks like they offloaded the train. They are trucking it over to me rather than driving it, so I probably won't get it until Wednesday (3 days to go 30 miles!). Good luck with yours!
dabler37 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #13065
Jeeper
 
TheAxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabler37

Royal Gate on Manchester in St. Louis. Looks like they offloaded the train. They are trucking it over to me rather than driving it, so I probably won't get it until Wednesday. Good luck with yours!
Another St. Louisan?
TheAxe is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #13066
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxe View Post
Another St. Louisan?
Yep.
dabler37 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #13067
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrugby

It's normal. Dates move constantly. The future stuff is just a set of bad guesses.
That sucks. All their guesses have been correct up until now...booooo
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Silver | 4.10 Gears | Hard Top | Connectivity | Remote Start

-Faulty driver side head replaced at 23,000 miles
-New AB head possibly faulty and being replaced at 29,000 miles
Rubicon_Jim is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #13068
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon_Jim View Post
That sucks. All their guesses have been correct up until now...booooo
There was one guy that ordered a '12. His signature line was his delivery dates, all of them. Every time it changed, he added the new date. It was a long signature line (sometimes the date got closer as well).
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #13069
Jeeper
 
jhilton91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: StL, Mo
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxe View Post
Another St. Louisan?
+2 !!
jhilton91 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #13070
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 263
Got this email today from Chrysler:

Quote:
Dear Customer,
Greetings! Your new Jeep® has left the plant. This is the final email you will receive as your vehicle moves through production.
Since the last time we contacted you, assembly has been completed on your Jeep. The unique vehicle tracking number you received allows you to monitor your vehicle status in the final stages of production:

Shipment -> Delivery
Your dealer will notify you as soon as your vehicle is delivered. Congratulations on your new Jeep! We sincerely appreciate your business. Drive safe.
Thank you,
The Jeep Brand Team
*This is a system generated email. Please do not reply.
This is great...but I got the Jeep back on Aug 5.

ND...I smell business opportunity.
mpr131 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #13071
Jeeper
 
jku-er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Shore, MA
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrugby View Post
There was one guy that ordered a '12. His signature line was his delivery dates, all of them. Every time it changed, he added the new date. It was a long signature line (sometimes the date got closer as well).
What happens when the "future" goes away entirely?
Mine seemed to have arrived at the distribution center and unloaded on the 22nd. It previously showed delivery to the dealership today but insight has completely removed it, now showing no future for my Jeep. Does this mean it's arrived at the dealership?
__________________
= ron =
2012 Deep Cherry JKU Sahara
Trailer pkg, 3.73, 6sp, 730N, Dualtop, Dark Saddle, LSD, ...
Mods: 35% Tint, Thule Roof Rack, Third-row Seat w/Teraflex bracket...
jku-er is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #13072
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by jku-er View Post
What happens when the "future" goes away entirely?
Mine seemed to have arrived at the distribution center and unloaded on the 22nd. It previously showed delivery to the dealership today but insight has completely removed it, now showing no future for my Jeep. Does this mean it's arrived at the dealership?
Could mean any number of things. You may not get another item in future. However, you should see On Truck or Gate Exit Facility before it hits the dealer.

After mine sat at the distro for a week, I called my dealer and told them to call the distribution center and have them get it out of there (someone mentioned they call it a "hot vehicle"). That was a Monday night. They called Tuesday, it was at the dealer Wednesday and I was behind the wheel Thursday.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #13073
Jeeper
 
Stallion289TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 236
I had a chance to use every off-road feature in my Rubicon over the weekend at the Hidden Falls Trails: 4H; 4L; Lockers; Swaybar disconnect; Hill descent but I experienced an issue with the 4L. Initially, when transfer case was in 4L, the transmission indicator was showing 'D' for some weired reason and about an hour later, I felt that the engine was reving higher than it was before so I looked and realized that the transmission was in 'D1'!!!!!!! I put it in 'N' and shifted back to 'D' but it still showed 'D1' so I shifted the transfer case to 4H then moved it back to 4L and it still showed 'D1'!!!!!!!!! I tried it this morning and when I shifted to 4L, it showed 'D' I'm not really sure what may have caused this issue and dealer is saying that it should show 'D1' when it is in 4L (I know it is incorrect because it was not in 'D1' at first). Any feedback is appreciated.
__________________
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Tan All Over - Auto - 4.10's
Ordered: 7/19
Delivered: 9/16
Mods: Quadratec Floor Liners (I really can't think of any mods that the Rubi needs)
Stallion289TX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #13074
Jeeper
 
jku-er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Shore, MA
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrugby View Post
Could mean any number of things. You may not get another item in future. However, you should see On Truck or Gate Exit Facility before it hits the dealer.

After mine sat at the distro for a week, I called my dealer and told them to call the distribution center and have them get it out of there (someone mentioned they call it a "hot vehicle"). That was a Monday night. They called Tuesday, it was at the dealer Wednesday and I was behind the wheel Thursday.
Great thanks ND. I just spoke with the Sale Manager and he said he will check and get back to me. I am getting a little y. I have my camera ready!
__________________
= ron =
2012 Deep Cherry JKU Sahara
Trailer pkg, 3.73, 6sp, 730N, Dualtop, Dark Saddle, LSD, ...
Mods: 35% Tint, Thule Roof Rack, Third-row Seat w/Teraflex bracket...
jku-er is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #13075
Jeeper
 
2012-Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,891
Anyone know how many miles a new Jeep should have on it if the dealer hasn't let anyone drive it around? Other than pdi
2012-Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #13076
Jeeper
 
JohnT11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 297
Less than 10.
__________________
John
JohnT11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #13077
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion289TX View Post
I had a chance to use every off-road feature in my Rubicon over the weekend at the Hidden Falls Trails: 4H; 4L; Lockers; Swaybar disconnect; Hill descent but I experienced an issue with the 4L. Initially, when transfer case was in 4L, the transmission indicator was showing 'D' for some weired reason and about an hour later, I felt that the engine was reving higher than it was before so I looked and realized that the transmission was in 'D1'!!!!!!! I put it in 'N' and shifted back to 'D' but it still showed 'D1' so I shifted the transfer case to 4H then moved it back to 4L and it still showed 'D1'!!!!!!!!! I tried it this morning and when I shifted to 4L, it showed 'D' I'm not really sure what may have caused this issue and dealer is saying that it should show 'D1' when it is in 4L (I know it is incorrect because it was not in 'D1' at first). Any feedback is appreciated.
So after waiting and hoping for D1 for what seemed an eternity, you've now got D1 and don't want it? Sheesh. Jeep can't win with this crowd.
__________________
2012 Silver Sport S, Silver, 6 speed, soft top, 3.73s, LSD, PCG, Infiniti, deep tint windows, Pro Comp 1028 wheels, 33" Duratracs, Smittybilt bumpers and steps, KC fog lights, Mopar slush mats and fuel door.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
oilwell1415 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #13078
Jeeper
 
Jeep1Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwell1415 View Post
So after waiting and hoping for D1 for what seemed an eternity, you've now got D1 and don't want it? Sheesh. Jeep can't win with this crowd.
You are sooo funny.......
__________________
Dennis

2012 Deep Cherry Red Wrangler Unlimited SportS
Drove Home 9/27/11. Hardtop, Max Tow, 3.73 Trac-Lok, 6sp manual, 368W, Connectivity
1980 Blue CJ5
Full frame up resto, 4" lift, 358+.040"
Jeep1Dennis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #13079
Jeeper
 
IowaRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-Rubicon
Anyone know how many miles a new Jeep should have on it if the dealer hasn't let anyone drive it around? Other than pdi
Mine had 14
__________________
2012 Wrangler Bright Silver Sport S 6 spd
IowaRaider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #13080
Jeeper
 
JeepNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-Rubicon
Anyone know how many miles a new Jeep should have on it if the dealer hasn't let anyone drive it around? Other than pdi
Mine had 6

JeepNinja is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The History Of The Jeep Wrangler BigKahunaBurger Off-Topic 6 09-02-2011 05:12 PM
2012 Wrangler ordering early (Bloomberg/Allpar)? AgtSunshine JK General Discussion Forum 26 05-16-2011 02:03 PM
When will we have full details about the 2012 Wrangler jz68 JK General Discussion Forum 6 03-21-2011 09:54 AM
Fellow Ohio Jeepers Help fick15 Ohio Jeep Forum 11 01-19-2010 10:56 PM
2008 Wrangler Purchase soupy1957 JK Pics Forum 23 11-22-2007 04:48 AM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC