2012 Wrangler & June 2nd - Page 455 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #13621
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
Alright, I just order (finally!) my 2012 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Manual and I had it for only 31,315$ with those options:

-Max tow package
-Connectivity + Sirius Satellite 1 year free
-Anti-spin Diff. rear axle
-Auto-temp control air cond.
-Heated front seats
-Dozer
-Wheel locks
-1 year windshield insurance

Just want to let you know that if I was ordering earlier, I would've rather paid 35,500 for the same vehicle. Oh yeah, and these days, canadian dollars is the same as USD. ;p

So basically I'm saving 4185$
Cool!

Oh, and btw if by the time I recieve it Jeep decides to offer more rebates, I'll take advantage of it as well, which is really cool!

Gin

Gin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #13622
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 67
Gin: Good luck on your order!!!

Gin: Good luck on your new Wrangler. Have had a mild winter so far in Kansas USA, IE very little snow!!! Guess I will have to start building my hoist in the garage to lift my hard top off and put on soft top for the coming spring. Hard to believe this forum subject started in May 2011. Maybe some one needs to start an new forum "2012 Wranglers - post 6 mos to a year"; or maybe there is already one?? -- In any case have fun with your new Wrangler when you get one.

CWjayhawk - 2012 Rubicon 2dr, manual 6 speed -- Green. (only complaint is with increasing US gas cost, wish I got better milage!!!

cwjayhawk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #13623
Jeeper
 
j.luis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mercedes
Posts: 653
I remember this thread consumed much of my summer hours.....
They were some good days but, I thank God they are behind me now.
__________________
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine, 5sp Auto Trans.
Connectivity Group, Max Tow, Hard Top(Black), 4:10 gears... Bright White Clear Coat.
j.luis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #13624
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
Thank you cwjayhawk! I will for sure once I have it!

Luis, you're so right, I did the same, but thanks to this thread I knew exactly what to do and what to say to the dealers... And that's why I was so proud to post back here my order info, that was the least I could do!
Gin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #13625
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,293
What is this, homecoming week???

This thread sure helped pass the weeks and days and hours until we got our Jeeps, didn't it... Learned a ton, and met a lot of fine folks, too!
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #13626
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
Like Dave of Storage War would say...: "YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaAAAAAAAAPPP!!!!"
Gin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #13627
Jeeper
 
Chasin Tail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Great NW
Posts: 160
whoa... resurected from the dead...

Hi guys!

Ive been out enjoying the Jeep so much i hardly make it back. September seem like sooooo Long ago!
Chasin Tail is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #13628
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,087
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #13629
Jeeper
 
Duffyc04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill
What is this, homecoming week???

This thread sure helped pass the weeks and days and hours until we got our Jeeps, didn't it... Learned a ton, and met a lot of fine folks, too!
Yes it did!
__________________
2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr, 4.10, Warn Elite Bumper, Warn M8000-S
Duffyc04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #13630
Jeeper
 
JeepNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwjayhawk
Gin: Good luck on your new Wrangler. Have had a mild winter so far in Kansas USA, IE very little snow!!! Guess I will have to start building my hoist in the garage to lift my hard top off and put on soft top for the coming spring. Hard to believe this forum subject started in May 2011. Maybe some one needs to start an new forum "2012 Wranglers - post 6 mos to a year"; or maybe there is already one?? -- In any case have fun with your new Wrangler when you get one.

CWjayhawk - 2012 Rubicon 2dr, manual 6 speed -- Green. (only complaint is with increasing US gas cost, wish I got better milage!!!
Could you tell me what all you are using to build your hoist??? I have seen a list of items needed on here but cant seem to find it now I really wanna get mine built too!
JeepNinja is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #13631
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 67
Angry Wrangler top hoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNinja View Post
Could you tell me what all you are using to build your hoist??? I have seen a list of items needed on here but cant seem to find it now I really wanna get mine built too!

JeepNinja: I hope some one replies to your request. Thought I had a file on my PC for a cool hoist that a member built in his garage; but darn if I can find it now. Had pictures and material list!! If no one replies guess I will start searching the web for a wranger top hoist
cwjayhawk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #13632
Jeeper
 
JeepNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwjayhawk

JeepNinja: I hope some one replies to your request. Thought I had a file on my PC for a cool hoist that a member built in his garage; but darn if I can find it now. Had pictures and material list!! If no one replies guess I will start searching the web for a wranger top hoist
Thanks me too. I had a link saved on my phone of a list and pictures of the itmes needed but I lost it when I updated my phone software. I have searched on here but can't find it.
JeepNinja is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #13633
Jeeper
 
Mastersonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rincón, Puerto Rico
Posts: 418
I can't believe it but it's HERE...



Let the fun begin...
Mastersonics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #13634
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastersonics
I can't believe it but it's HERE...

Let the fun begin...
Wow are you just getting your Jeep now? Man that was a long time. You were with us almost from the very beginning. Congrats.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #13635
Jeeper
 
JohnT11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 297
If it wasn't for this thread, I don't know what I would have done! I spent many an hour on here.
__________________
John
JohnT11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #13636
Jeeper
 
Mastersonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rincón, Puerto Rico
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINUS View Post
Wow are you just getting your Jeep now? Man that was a long time. You were with us almost from the very beginning. Congrats.
DOMINUS

This is my second order since the first dealer wanted to stiff me after agreeing on a price and terms, so I walked. That was back in November.

I ordered another one [Same specs] from another dealer on December and it showed up on Friday but I wasn't able to get it because of the long weekend.

The funny thing is that I'm waiting to be picked up on a flat bed back to the dealer because it doesn't turn on, I'm REALLY FRUSTRATED

Oh well I think I broke your record with only 20 miles on the odometer,

cheers,
Charles
Mastersonics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #13637
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastersonics

DOMINUS

This is my second order since the first dealer wanted to stiff me after agreeing on a price and terms, so I walked. That was back in November.

I ordered another one [Same specs] from another dealer on December and it showed up on Friday but I wasn't able to get it because of the long weekend.

The funny thing is that I'm waiting to be picked up on a flat bed back to the dealer because it doesn't turn on, I'm REALLY FRUSTRATED

Oh well I think I broke your record with only 20 miles on the odometer,

cheers,
Charles
Some dealers never cease to amaze i tell you. It's a record i would gladly relinquish. Any idea on what the problem could be?
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #13638
Jeeper
 
Mastersonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rincón, Puerto Rico
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINUS View Post
Some dealers never cease to amaze i tell you. It's a record i would gladly relinquish. Any idea on what the problem could be?
DITTO on the a$$holes from the first dealership
Regarding the Rubicon incident it was just 4 fuses that they were a little loose.
Everything is OK now and I'm ready to go broke on this thing...

Just bought a few things today and next week is Wheels, Tires and Lift...

cheers,
Charles
Mastersonics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #13639
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
LOL! Glad I restarted this thread!

Oh yeah, and dont forget Im still waiting mine to show up... which should be happening somewhere in april... I guess... More pics to come later.
Gin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2012, 03:33 AM   #13640
Really liking the Jeep...

WF Supporting Member
 
strider_mt2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,956
What's this thread about again?
__________________
2012 Unlimited Rubicon - Natural Green
Every Day Driver
strider_mt2k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #13641
Jeeper
 
Mastersonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rincón, Puerto Rico
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINUS View Post
Some dealers never cease to amaze i tell you. It's a record i would gladly relinquish. Any idea on what the problem could be?
Here it is DOMINUS...

Mastersonics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #13642
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
How long was it for you all before getting your VIN once you've ordered yours?
Gin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #13643
Jeeper
 
Mastersonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rincón, Puerto Rico
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
How long was it for you all before getting your VIN once you've ordered yours?
I don't remember exactly but about 5 weeks or so...

cheers,
Charles
Mastersonics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #13644
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
Thanks for your input Mastersonic
Gin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #13645
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin
How long was it for you all before getting your VIN once you've ordered yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastersonics

I don't remember exactly but about 5 weeks or so...

cheers,
Charles
The VON was at the time of ordering. My VIN was available in about a week to a week and a half.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #13646
Jeeper
 
DOMINUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastersonics

Here it is DOMINUS...
Mastersonics I can't seem to view the picture on my phone for some reason. I'll have to check it out at home.
__________________
Due to the recent price increases in ammo, don't expect any warning shots. Times are hard.
DOMINUS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #13647
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINUS View Post
The VON was at the time of ordering. My VIN was available in about a week to a week and a half.
You're giving me hope! Thanks Dominus
Gin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #13648
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 111
Ordered my JKU on January 28th. Had the VIN on Feb. 1. JKU arrives at the dealer by truck this afternoon. 28 days from order to delivery...not bad!
Phaedrus is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #13649
Jeeper
 
jeepkingtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Spring City
Posts: 268
I traded in my 2009 JKU "Sport" for a 2012 Rubicon on February 6th and I finally have time to post, I've been reading, but not haven't had time to say anything. First of all I loved my 2009, but a friend traded hers for a new Rubi and got a really good deal, so I went in to see if I could get something similar. My 2009 had 52,000 miles, they gave me a good deal and sold it in less than a week.

The 2012 is better in every way that I can think of, and of course it was a big upgrade to go to a Rubi as well. It rides much better, just ask my wife, the heated seats are awesome, just ask her again, she fell asleep in five minutes. The only problem I had with the dealer is that it took over a week to finally get one to the dealership for me. The one we agreed on only had both tops, the one we ended up with had the connectivity group, remote start, heated front seats and the 4.10 gears and they let us keep the soft top for the 2009 which I'm told will fit it. While we waited they gave us a Black 2012 Sahara with everything, it confirmed that I didn't care for the nav, but we were very impressed with it too.

A couple of questions, we were also to get the towing package and they ended up just putting a nice receiver with a plug on it. Does the 2012 need a transmission cooler like the 2009's did? Also I can shift into 4 low fine at a stop, but if I'm moving 2-3 miles an hour like I did with my 2009 it really grinds and won't go into lo. Thanks!
jeepkingtn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #13650
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkingtn View Post
A couple of questions, we were also to get the towing package and they ended up just putting a nice receiver with a plug on it. Does the 2012 need a transmission cooler like the 2009's did? Also I can shift into 4 low fine at a stop, but if I'm moving 2-3 miles an hour like I did with my 2009 it really grinds and won't go into lo. Thanks!
All 2012 Autos have a tranny cooler. No options needed.

Tranny has to be in "N" to shift into 4LO.

__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The History Of The Jeep Wrangler BigKahunaBurger Off-Topic 6 09-02-2011 05:12 PM
2012 Wrangler ordering early (Bloomberg/Allpar)? AgtSunshine JK General Discussion Forum 26 05-16-2011 02:03 PM
When will we have full details about the 2012 Wrangler jz68 JK General Discussion Forum 6 03-21-2011 09:54 AM
Fellow Ohio Jeepers Help fick15 Ohio Jeep Forum 11 01-19-2010 10:56 PM
2008 Wrangler Purchase soupy1957 JK Pics Forum 23 11-22-2007 04:48 AM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC